Daily Photos -- Part 14

It’s actually 忘憂森林, near Xitou, up the street from 杉林溪. You park and take an excessively expensive NT$100 per person van. But it’s really vertical so you don’t have much of a choice…

They’re too slow. :stuck_out_tongue:

More monkeys:

Village of Monsters (要怪村)

(Bonus round:)

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]More monkeys:

[/quote]

Man, that’s one fat baby monkey. That’s the equivalent of a 12 year-old kid sitting in a stroller…

[quote=“Abacus”]
[/quote]

wow, amazing

Thanks. You have to bring your own swimsuit model or hope that someone is posing when taking a photo though. I had a repeat experience a few days later but it was an overweight, aging Korean father that posed for dozens of photos in his tighty whiteys. I found it very humorous why on earth a father would run back and forth between the waterfall and the photographer trying to get the perfect photos. I am sure his teenage daughters were proud that day.

Here are some temples from Bali that I still haven’t gotten around to blogging. So much to write and so little time (or rather so much time wasted).

Pura Ulun Braten

Pura Tanah Lot

Pura Uluwatu

Banpingshan, Taiwan by Kirk Beiser, on Flickr

Banpingshan, Taiwan by Kirk Beiser, on Flickr

This was quite unexpected within Kaohsiung. theworldisnotthatbig.com/2015/08 … an-taiwan/

Not a big fan of the memorial, but hey it’s there, prominently.

Shot from in front of the National Library with a tele lens to get the gate in the frame.

Catching up on some gorgeous photos. My two favourites:

[quote=“Abacus”]

I visited almost all of Bali’s waterfalls on my June trip there and they have been added to my waterfall guide. Sekumpul Waterfall above was one of the best waterfalls that I have ever seen. All of the waterfalls can be seen here - theworldisnotthatbig.com/2015/08 … aterfalls/
[/quote]

This reminds me of a beautiful waterfall I saw in Palau. I’ll see if I can find the photo.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Bugs!

[/quote]

Keep them coming, guys!

Here it is. The quality is a bit degraded because I pulled it off my blog, which has restrictions. You can just make out my son standing at the bottom.

I have seen that one before. I need to go to Palau (and everywhere else).

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Xitou and thereaouts:

[/quote]

Do you mind where you took these photos? I’d love to go and visit sometime. gorgeous!

It’s a very special place, and the Palauans know it and treat it so, which is rare.

Somewhere in Xitou google.com/maps/place/%E6%B … abc5ed910b

Near 忘憂森林, right around here: google.com/maps/@23.6498688 … a=!3m1!1e3

[quote]
[/quote]

Happened across this by accident. It’s near 銀杏森林. The exact location where I was standing is here: google.com/maps/@23.6805845 … 312!8i6656
google.com/maps/@23.6802354 … a=!3m1!1e3

I think this is just on the other side of the mountain.

I have that same shot. This is one is from here:

google.com/maps/place/%E7%9 … 53714d0f7a

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]

Somewhere in Xitou [/quote]

Thank you!

Heliu Waterfall by Kirk Beiser, on Flickr
Just downstream from Lianyun Waterfall

Lianyun Waterfall by Kirk Beiser, on Flickr
A forgotten about place - taiwanswaterfalls.com/waterfall- … waterfall/

Feiyun Waterfall by Kirk Beiser, on Flickr
Another forgotten about place - taiwanswaterfalls.com/waterfall- … waterfall/

In both cases there used to be roads and trails that lead to them but at some point in the last 1 or 2 decades they have been destroyed and it now requires a 30-45 minute river trace to get to each. They are located near Tsengwen Reservoir (extremely opposite sides) in Chaiyi County.

Sun Yat-sen freeway just before 南湖大橋

I have posted this in another thread but it is one of my favorite photos this year.

Ali Village, Pingtung, Taiwan by Kirk Beiser, on Flickr

Ali Waterfall, Pingtung, Taiwan by Kirk Beiser, on Flickr

This was the destination that day. You can walk there or ride a motorcycle but I wouldn’t recommend taking a car.

so they fixed the road to Sabaw?