Does anyone actually believe in all that stuff?

Do you have an explanation for why so many are so mad?[/quote]

Fear of uncertainty combines with the phenomenal capacity of most people to support ideas that make absolutely no sense, particularly when the ideas are expressed by “authority” figures I guess, and particularly when the nonsensical bits are wrapped up with some pretty sound insight. Most religious people come from communities, or even whole societies, where a dominant religion shapes thier lives from a young age so they have no idea that the essentially humanistic concepts (i.e. the good bits) are widely held beliefs that exist outside religion. It’s brainwashing essentially. Once in awhile you will see a troubled person find religion, frequently after they have fucked up their lives and have, perhaps, landed themselves in prison, but you almost never see an educated, informed, stable adult do that. They might start attending church for the solidarity it provides but they sit through the irrationality of it because they are not bothered that much by irrationality. That is what drives me beserk honestly. People who can sit and listen to maddness and not be bothered by it.