The Easter/resurrection rumble thread [warning: this is a free for all]

That would seem to be the case:

[quote=“bob”]You in fact don’t cause any problem with your religous beliefs. In fact it probably helps you to be good people. I don’t doubt that. But what you don’t see is that in your refusal to be swayed by any form of logic you actually possess the dirty seed at the root of it all, imperviousness.[/quote] Does anyone actually believe in all that stuff? - #275 by bob

[quote=“bob”]Religion is the deliberate (or not) confusion of those entirely distinct experiences and it is becoming very dangerous. It is actually one of the key problems of our age and it seems to be becoming worse. If I were to draw an analogy to a person I would have to say it is like watching a person being ravaged by mental illness. You know it is crazy, you watch the decline, and it happens anyway. Religious “belief,” the notion that anybody EVER heard God speak, or that they had any access whatsoever to his thoughts as might be embodied in language is collective psychosis, literally.[/quote] Does anyone actually believe in all that stuff? - #18 by bob

[quote=“bob”]It’s brainwashing essentially. Once in awhile you will see a troubled person find religion, frequently after they have fucked up their lives and have, perhaps, landed themselves in prison, but you almost never see an educated, informed, stable adult do that.[/quote] Does anyone actually believe in all that stuff? - #23 by bob

[quote=“bob”]If you or anybody else would be willing to put your beliefs out there to be examined we could at least make a start at determining whether it is correct.[/quote] Does anyone actually believe in all that stuff? - #182 by bob

[quote=“bob”]You might not want to do this for a number of reasons but at some point the religious community owes it to us. We live with the results of their decsisions. They “owe” us. That is more true of the muslim world obviously.[/quote] Does anyone actually believe in all that stuff? - #176 by bob