Good English-speaking hairdresser or barber in Taipei?

:notworthy: :notworthy:

I was looking for this thread since 2 weeks as just another twit THOUGHT they could cut my hair STRAIGHT.
damn , a difference of 0.5 cm at least between both ears (no, funny ones, not THE ears.)
Already put his cell in my Iphone ! 4 years of failures and distress finally solved :discodance:

You could also give Diane a try. She has several satisifed customers here on these boards. She speaks good English (and good Swedish, too), lived in the US for a year or so and worked in Europe for several years, so she knows western hair and hair styles. She also worked in Hong Kong for a short time.

Sheā€™s conveniently located in the middle of Taipei, a short walk behind SOGO towards Civic Blvd. By MRT, get off at the Zhongxiao/Fuxing station on the blue line, taking the SOGO exit (4). When you get out, walk in the direction of Dunhua for about a hundred meters until you hit Daā€™an Rd. Turn left on Daā€™an towards Civic Blvd. Pass a 7-11 on your right hand side. The last lane on your right before you get to the Family Mart convenience store is lane 31. Turn right into that lane and youā€™ll find Diane about a hundred meters down, on your left hand side just after the intersection. A Google map

Phone: 2778 4733
Address: Daā€™an Rd., Sec. 1, Ln. 31, No. 31, 2Fl.

Give her a call, as she works exclusively on appointment. Sheā€™s open till 9pm Wednesday through Sunday and has Mondays and Tuesdays off.

I managed to get Eddieā€™s new site up and running with a little help from his server host.

You can now visit:

readyeddiego.com

Later his other domain name should be working at some point, which would be eddietham.com

Iā€™m lookin to get a new haircut around in Taipei and I donā€™t mind paying good money as long as I can get a good/stylish cut. Do any of you know a place where I can get a good haircut in Taipei? Thanks!

BUMP (as Dragonbones did before)
I must de-Bump as I am not sure anymore what all this Bumping meansā€¦ :ponder:

off-topic anyway
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=82043

Eddie says:

ā€œI will be going from: 11th Oct till 1st Nov. Start working in the salon on the 2nd Nov.
Reason of the trip: UK Hair Convention.ā€

So no haircuts from Eddie until he returns. If you need one, you better be quick about it.

Just wanted to add my two cents!

I went to go see Eddie today, and it was a wonderful experience. The salon is very easy to find (right outside of Zhongxiao Fuxing station), and quite lovely. Eddie himself was very friendly, and not only gave me a wonderful haircut, but highlighted my hair exactly how I wanted it (which was difficult, since I was going from dark brown to blonde).

Add in a great scalp massage and shampoo, and youā€™ve got an amazing experience for a reasonable price.

Iā€™d definitely recommend him!

+1 for Eddie as well!

He is fluent in English and has worked almost 20 years in Malaysia, London, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand. Mix & Match (his salon) provides complementary tea, and gives nice long shampoo/massages. Eddie has a very good sense of style (especially for foreigners)ā€¦ he really knows how to do hair! Over 70% of his clients are from abroad, so that has to mean something :wink:

Oh, by the way, he has a new web site: www.eddietham.com. It provides more information about himself, his salon hours, pricing, location, and a gallery of some of his past clients.

I highly recommend him!

How much does Diane charge for a haircut?

Another vote for Eddie Tham!

I recently got a haircut from him and he seemed very skilled at figuring out which cuts work best for my hair type and facial shape. Heā€™ll definitely offer recommendations if you want them and heā€™s quite pleasant to chat with. He speaks 5 languages and is completely fluent in English. You can even detect a bit of a British accent because of all the time he spent training and working in London.

I would definitely go back!

Does anyone recommend a hair stylist to cut short, naturally curly hair. I donā€™t care about the language issue as much as I want someone who knows what they are doing. I am hoping someone has had a good experience with a stylist and I can try them out.
I have been to Eddie, Diane and George Paiā€™s in Tienmu and wonā€™t go back to any of them. I was hoping there was some new talent in the hair market. I usually get my hair cut on trips abroad, but I am getting desperate.
thanks a lot!

hi, this is pretty much a plug, we just opened a salon in the xinyi district, mrt city hall station exit 4 on zhongxiao e. rd. the stylistā€™s name is dra. she used to work in la for 10 years. you can find more info on www.drashairlab.comā€¦. we have a special right now, Male Cut/Style $750, Female Cut/Style $950, and Color Gloss for $1500.

looking forward to servicing some of the forumosans =) cheers!

Thanks rozzypu! I will be making an appointment!! :slight_smile:

sure thing! you can email drashairlab@hotmail.com, call us/sms 0931 989 383, make an appt thru the website, or send me a pm, which ever method of communication you prefer :slight_smile:

Not sure of the tipping etiquette here in Taiwan, but is a tip necessary when going for a haircut?

No

Better late than never!!!

I just wanted to post that I did make an appointment at Draā€™s Hai Lab as I said I would about a month ago! Thanks so much to Sandra and Roz for the great hair cut! I have had tons of compliments and have sent 2 friends there for cuts as well. One of my friends even said that this was the best cut she has ever seen on me.

I will be back for more cuts and will keep recommending Draā€™s Hair Lab to others. Finally, I have found a place for a decent haircut!!
:laughing:

I also wish to vote for Eddie, and I miss him, Iā€™ve been back in the UK and Australia for months now and canā€™t get a satisfactory haircut.

Eddie made a point of listening to my concerns and remembered me so I always got a wonderful cut.

It seems weird to me that I can get a brilliant cut in Taipei, but where I speak the lingo, it comes out rubbish!

hi taisan,
thanks! we loved having you here!
roz