I Dumped a TW Woman after We Dated for 3 Weeks and She Cried

I could have sworn the title had the word ‘slept with’ in it earlier today.

Maybe I was just day dreaming :s

You know, if you dig a guy you dig him. Doesn’t matter if you met him 3 days ago or 3 years ago.
Nothing psycho about that. With most men I have been hard as nails but with my current I would have cried like a baby if he wouldn’t have given me a second date. You shouldn’t think someone is nuts for being human. Especially a chick.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]You know, if you dig a guy you dig him. Doesn’t matter if you met him 3 days ago or 3 years ago.
Nothing psycho about that. With most men I have been hard as nails but with my current I would have cried like a baby if he wouldn’t have given me a second date. You shouldn’t think someone is nuts for being human. Especially a chick.[/quote]

An eloquent statement for Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus theory if I ever saw one.

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”][quote=“SuchAFob”]You know, if you dig a guy you dig him. Doesn’t matter if you met him 3 days ago or 3 years ago.
Nothing psycho about that. With most men I have been hard as nails but with my current I would have cried like a baby if he wouldn’t have given me a second date. You shouldn’t think someone is nuts for being human. Especially a chick.[/quote]

An eloquent statement for Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus theory if I ever saw one.[/quote]
Nay. I feel the same way. And I come from Pluto. But I wouldn’t have cried – I’d have given forth a steely glare, girded my loins and strode forth to face the future in manly fashion.

I think the OP just got schooled to the state of emotional repression among females in Taiwan.

I’m wondering: Is it possible that he was this girl’s first “boyfriend”? And for sure, in her mind, you were her boyfriend, dude.

My wife had us married in her head after date two! :smiley:

I think the OP found out that he is not that into her after going out with her for three weeks. but seriously, I guess he gave her the wrong message.

my ex did the same thing to me…after living together for 5 months, he told me that he didn’t want a girl friend…even on the day I moved out, he said that he loved me. what the f#*&. How can you tell a person you love her while breaking up with her :loco:

breaking up emails…see sex and the city, season 6, episode 81 “The Post-it Always Sticks Twice”

I once dated someone for a week 10 years ago and I still wanna cry when I think about it!

but I also cried a lot when the alien got sucked out of the ship in Alien Resurrection…

I agree. Time can be irrelevant, and for me, 3 weeks of serious dating would quite possibly qualify as a relationship - but I might just be some old fashioned idiot.

It all about the ‘connection’. Real, or perceived by one or the other.

Just because she cried when you broke up it doesn’t neccessarily mean she’s clingy or crazy. You don’t know what else has happened in her life recently. Could be a ‘final straw’ after a bunch of other bad stuff?

Not trying to tell you what really happened cos I dont know what her story is, but ‘over-reactions’ are not always related to the situation that people are reacting to.

I wouldn’t even take it to be indicative of HER general behaviour, let alone the rest of Taiwanese womanhood…

Or, hey, maybe she’s just an emotionally retarded bunny-boiler? I know I am… :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you? Really? The original post sounded like attention-whoring to me. As does another post by this supposed newbee:

Sounds like both posts are for the sole purpose of generating a lot of controversy without adding anything substantive – and don’t we have a word for that?

I suspect a check of the address will turn up something.

Mooooooo?

Damn, you’re perceptive! That’s it! :slight_smile:

I agree. Sending an e-mail for breaking up means “I don’t want to feel guilty for seeing you get upset .”

To tell you the truth, I’ve done the same thing to my ex. He said that I was really childish to do such a thing. Indeed I was. However, we did meet and talked about it after that. Believe it or not, we’re good friends, now.

I love “sex and the city” as well. I remember in the episode, the guy stuck a post-it written something like “Sorry…I can’t…” and run away from heroin. That was more cruel than sending a breaking up e-mail.[/quote]

So people have feelings and cry, Taiwanese girls more than most. Isn’t that one of their many endearing qualities? As a softie myself, I find soft-hearted girls a million times more appealing than flint-hearted ones, no matter what kind of relationship I might want to get into with them.

And some cry more easily than others, especially if they’re prone to depression and you’ve just snuffed out a spark of light that they’d dared to hope might bring brightness flooding into their life. If we connect with anyone at all, we should do our utmost to augment their happiness and not just carelessly, thoughtlessly, casually dash it to shards. That’s especially so when it’s evident or ought to be evident that their emotional armour is thin and their eager, trusting, open heart may easily be pierced.

Anyway, James, I guess you’re still very young and poorly equipped to pick up on other people’s feelings, especially in this unfamiliar cultural milieu. Just learn the lesson, wise up on reading how local girls ticks, try harder not to mislead or hurt them, and do a better job of putting on the brakes if your friendship is heading toward a commitment you either don’t want or can’t handle.

1 Like

[quote=“Battery9”]I once dated someone for a week 10 years ago and I still wanna cry when I think about it!

but I also cried a lot when the alien got sucked out of the ship in Alien Resurrection…[/quote]

That made me sad too. I cried recently while watching a movie on a plane. it was a total teenager chick flick, but it was the part about the father-child relationship that made me cry. posting anonymously is great. haha.

[quote=“Jack Burton”][quote=“Battery9”]I once dated someone for a week 10 years ago and I still wanna cry when I think about it!

but I also cried a lot when the alien got sucked out of the ship in Alien Resurrection…[/quote]

That made me sad too. I cried recently while watching a movie on a plane. it was a total teenager chick flick, but it was the part about the father-child relationship that made me cry. posting anonymously is great. haha.[/quote]

Not really bud. I just met you! lol :smiley:

3 weeks isn’t even really a relationship. How much can you know about a person in 3 weeks? It’s not as if you are spending every waking second together and moving in. You’ve only had time to date a couple times. You don’t have memories of fun times, hard times and times when you were so grateful you had the other person by your side.
You’ve only had time for a couple of dates.
That’s hardly enough time for infatuation!

Nobody is going to be that heartbroken about a 3 week relationship, I don’t care how much she cries. She may cry, but it’s not the heartbreaking kind that you cry when you know she is your soul mate and she’s moving half way across the world after a year of intense rollercoaster romance.

Give me a break! And give this guy a break. :unamused:
(or a kitkat bar)

Do you? Really? The original post sounded like attention-whoring to me. As does another post by this supposed newbee:

Sounds like both posts are for the sole purpose of generating a lot of controversy without adding anything substantive – and don’t we have a word for that?

I suspect a check of the address will turn up something.[/quote]

Aww geez.

I must be be getting more naive in my old age. :doh:

James,

You just learned a very important lesson about Taiwan. Heck, it’s almost a right-of-passage. I guess most of us had to go through similar experiences in our green days. Now you know. One of the other respondents I think nailed it when he said that there are, very generally, two sorts of girls in the ROC; “good girls”, and the kind of girls you’ll meet out at pubs and bars - who are as casual about sex as you probably are.

In the case of the “good girls” - yeah, they do tend to form attachments rather quickly - know this, it’s much easier to get into relationships with them, then it is to get out gracefully. You are going to end up feeling like a total prick if you make a habit of treating these kind of girls as castaway companions. Taiwanese girls of this ilk are really sincere, sweet, genuine, and often quite naieve. I think its still not uncommon to meet a 24 year old virgin in Taiwan, or to meet a girl of the same age who has been dating the same guy since she was in High School.

Things are changing - a lot. Younger kids are much more casual.

The “open” kind of Taiwanese girl (though she comes in many sub species) can be fun, but also extremely dissapointing and even dangerous. Fun - I’m thinking of a girl I met at bar, had a one night stand that became a very enjoyable “f*ck buddy” relationship that lasted several months. Dissapointing - I’m thinking of a girl who I met, went back to her place, and after a druken late night of sex, she asked me what my name was again, and for my phone number, and proceeded to write it on the wall behind her bed, among at least a dozen other foreign guys names and numbers - including two or three that I knew. Dangerous - well, shit, everyone has psycho shao-jie stories galore, and a lot of them come from meeting some of the crazy sluts who troll the foreigner bars and clubs.

You say you want to keep things light and simple, that’s certainly understandable. But, do yourself a favor - give the “nice”/naieve girls a break, because emotionally they really aren’t hard wired for casual sex. And if you forray into the world of bar and club hook-ups, have fun, but also be a bit careful.

Did she at least give out stars?? :astonished:

That is so COLD btw…