Is an FBI background check needed to work at a kindergarden in Taiwan?

Woah, I think we need a clarification here.

Working at all for an employer (or for a “principal” or “undertaker” if it’s not technically employment but still labor in exchange for consideration) is illegal for foreigners. That is the starting point.

A work permit grants you as a foreigner the lofty privilege of working in a very specific way: for A employer, from B date to C date, at D address, peforming E type work.

If you become a permanent resident, marry a local, have a working holiday visa, or are subject to a similar condition (the list is not long), you are exempt from the requirement to obtain a work permit.

If your work permit application is being processed, you do not have permission to work.

If you are “just doing a demo”, but there are real students in the classroom, you are presumed to be working.

Now, the buxiban (I assume by “elementary school” you actually mean a buxiban with elementary school students) should know all this, but you can never rule out incompetence and naivete, so maybe they think everything’s okay because the agent said so. :roll:

1 Like

If you were a recruiter, would you knowingly recruit for a racist institution? Would that not make you complicit in the institution’s racism? :ponder:

Ms. King has been in the game for years and years (she even has a profile here at our site) and should be able to be selective about her clients. I don’t think she’s struggling to put food on the table. :violin:

Whether or not anyone is racist, there is a clear prima facie case, based on the content of posts by Itsmeee in this thread, that Ms. King is involved in the recruitment of illegal foreign workers. She is welcome to tell her side of the story, of course. :unicorn: :peace_symbol: :rainbow: :slight_smile:

2 Likes