ISIS opens American branch

They did? I don’t recall seeing any images of Obama’s severed head. Feel free to post if you have any. [quote=“JB_IN_TW, post:39, topic:160644”]
Recall Ted Nugent damn near openly calling for Obama to be killed, and not so vaguely hinting he may do it himself. No one made any effort to distance themselves from him or his comments.
[/quote]

The Nuge said some nasty stuff, but I don’t recall any actual death threats. He did get a visit from the SS though, so there’s that. And I do recall lots of distancing going on. But the Nuge is hardly a mainstream figure (well, maybe in his own mind) like Ms. Griffin.

Remind me, who was it that got some heat a few years ago for the targets on a facebook page or something? The Alaskan lady?

Anyway, I can’t find the photos now, but I say the US has nothing on Thailand. When you have busses driving around with whole rows of politicians’ severed heads on the sides, then you know you’re in trouble.

I would say he is equal in popularity. No. More people on the right love the Nuge than people on the left care about KG. His threats were not-so-veiled.

I have seen this floating around…I am too lazy to get each one.

Here is a link to Nuge’s comments…

Imagine the shitstorm if someone made similar threats towards the current chump in chief?

It is a matter of who does it first, I guess. Dirty tricks and nastiness are part and parcel in politics. It “boys will be boys” if the first person gets caught. If the opposition does the same thing, then people fall over themselves to decry the action. The GOP is more guilty of this than the right.

1 Like

I’d say the difference is that Griffin is a mainstream figure, a host on CNN, a major (cringe) news network, and the Nuge a has-been rocker whose career is long dead and buried. But they may have a similar motive in putting out controversial words and images…the addiction to attention and fame isn’t easily cured.

The images are disturbing, but this is all fringe stuff. If you want to talk about equivalency, show me a mainstream media figure engaging in this kind of thing.

No need to imagine, people are on TV talking about coups and assassinations every day. What made the Griffin incident different is that there’s been an actual backlash. I’m guessing it’s the graphic nature of the image.

Politics is indeed a dirty business. On this we agree.

I think you meant “left,” although I suppose a case could be made for your sentence as it stands.:slight_smile:

I think most people would agree that the images of Obama shown in this thread are as bad as the Kathy Griffin episode. I wouldn’t waste time protesting against these types as I don’t think I can change their minds. I’ll vote with my dollars.

personally I don’t like it because it plays into the trump’s narrative of how he’s such a victim and being treated unfairly. And it’s really not even funny. It’s really not that hard to clown on trump. Also, I just don’t believe how they’re trying to say his 11 year old son was traumatized. He’s either really stupid or sheltered if thats the case. Don’t act like his son isn’t playing grand theft auto like I was at 11 shooting up gangs and cops and picking up hookers on his playstation.

1 Like

Well, it’s not really a narrative is it?

So he takes no responsibility in creating that situation? Was his son traumatized and had to be explained why his dad grabs women by the pussy?

1 Like

I don’t know what the stats are, or even if there are stats, but it looks as if both men have been subjected to these kinds of displays. It also seems that there are different reactions to the displays.

THE IMAGES ON THE PAGES LINKED BELOW ARE ARGUABLY NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK.

Obama effigy hanging with throat cut (first Obama picture in the set of pictures posted earlier in the thread, going left to right; the effigy was found in front of a home in Redondo Beach, CA):

http://toplistings.dailybreeze.com/ci_10856975

According to the article, one of McCain’s campaign workers asked the lady of the house to remove the effigy, and the Secret Service paid her a visit.

An effigy of Obama hanging from an overpass in Missouri caused a bomb squad to be called out and the highway to be shut down:

“Neighbors concerned after veteran hangs effigy of Trump from tree in front yard”:

http://wiat.com/2017/01/30/neighbors-concerned-after-man-hangs-effigy-of-trump-from-tree-in-front-yard/

“Complaint made over Obama effigy in Dale County” (the third Obama effigy in the post made earlier in the thread):

http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/crime_court/complaint-made-over-obama-effigy-in-dale-county/article_62bd10b0-29e9-11e2-85b3-001a4bcf6878.html

[quote]“We’ve responded to people putting up signs against various things, but we’ve never had anything political,” [Sheriff] Olson said. “People have a right to express their feelings, there’s a freedom of speech.”

Clayton Slay, the resident agent in charge for southeast Alabama for the U.S. Secret Service, confirmed the U.S. Secret Service had been notified about the effigy by several organizations. He called it “currently under investigation,” based on the comments on the effigy.[/quote]

“Central Florida Pastor Burns Obama, Clinton Effigies In Response To Gay Rights Support” (the burning effigy in the post made earlier in the thread):

http://southfloridagaynews.com/Local/central-florida-pastor-burns-obama-clinton-effigies-in-response-to-gay-rights-support.html

“Donald Trump effigy burned by protesters”

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/10/donald-trump-effigy-burning-los-angeles-bts.cnn

“Disturbing Image of Obama Hanging From Noose on Facebook” (the Hope parody in the post made earlier in the thread):

http://criticalmassprogress.com/2012/08/27/disturbing-image-of-obama-hanging-from-noose-on-facebook/

“Kentucky man hangs Donald Trump doll by noose, creates controversy”

Kentucky man hangs Donald Trump doll by noose, creates controversy

“Wisconsin man defends Obama ‘hang in’ noose sign” (the “Hang in There” sign in the post made earlier in the thread):

http://www.wisconsingazette.com/news/wisconsin-man-defends-obama-hang-in-noose-sign/article_f97da83b-c6b1-59c0-bfb4-1474782d0949.html

“Trump Halloween display draws criticism and praise”:

http://www.khou.com/news/trump-halloween-display-draws-criticism-and-praise/343357356

The fact that Trump received his highest level of favorable coverage after he bombed Syria says a lot about the mainstream media and the interests that control it.

I’d say the level of negativity is more evidence of globalist-owned bias then it is a natural reaction to the Trump campaign.

And by globalist I mean (((globalist))).

Let me clear it up for everybody. She crossed the line because she was slow to realize the line had shifted. That’s what this is all about.

Here’s an article by someone who only half gets it:

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/what-line-did-kathy-griffin-cross-exactly/

The left are throwing her under the bus for something no worse than what the rest of them have been doing for an awful long time now. They’re all double standards, but here’s a sort of fairness: they also shift the goalposts against those foolish enough to try to agree with them.

Fanatics eat their own. They devolve into factions that turn on each other. They do this whenever they’re losing - or whenever they’ve totally won. It’s their nature. They need enemies to feel good about themselves. Oppositional-defiant disorder.

But in this case, the line is what moved. And that’s what interests me. Kathy Griffin and the line passed each other heading in opposite directions. What she did would have been perfectly fine a month or two ago.

Why did the line move? And when? It’s been all over the place the past year or so. It’s in flux. It’s in play. Because it’s about Trump=Hitler, and as the fortunes of that narrative wane and ebb, so shifts the line.

The Trumphitler narrative is currently in a waning phase, I think.

Perhaps the institutional left senses this. They’re feeling insecure lately, and thus image conscious. They sense they’ve gone too far and now want to rein it in to protect themselves. Poor Kathy didn’t get the memo. She thought she was stepping up to the front line of the fight, but she chose the wrong moment. The front line was falling back just then, and she was left standing alone where all the others had been a moment previous.

And if she’s feeling betrayed, she had good reason. She chose her comrades poorly.

3 Likes

That is what I get for typing in a hurry.

This is a nice debate. I have not had one since I have been here.

I will give Mr Thin-skin props on one thing, his supporters will circle the wagons quite quickly. Even Obama did not enjoy that. But then, Obama took things in stride, and made jokes of it. Even Bush did that. This guy has a mini tantrum ever time someone says his hair looks funny.

OK, on topic. At the end of the day, I support her right to do this. I can see through the hem and haw and see the point they were trying to make. I think it would have been funnier if there was no blood and the head talked, or if there were wires coming from it and a Bannon, or Putin, look-alike were in the back with a controller. But, as it is, I think she understands that FoS is a 2 way street in the US (for now) and this will all blow over soon enough.

Maybe her biggest transgression was that it was vituperative without actually being funny?

There is that, too. I am not and never was a fan of hers to begin with. She seems to be a coat-tailer. At any rate this, like the remnants of her career and the rest of president orange’s term will soon be at an end. Be it 18 months, or 3 years, it will all end.

A useful tactic when surrounded by enraged savages in savage territory. But ultimately you have to go on the offensive.

Which they’re also damn good at - when the moment is right.

The British Empire didn’t do circles. They had the square. And mostly, it worked quite well.

Of course, they had the distinct advantage of being literate.
And well mannered.
And not being, erm…American.

Just saying.

Comon!

You got your little mishap, that’s about it.

Trump: Second amendment and do something about Hillary. Remember?

This guy below where Trump did not have any tweet for 3 days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK-qUYDCypQ

Trump=Hitler? Who said that? Trump tries to be like Hitler or to be a Hitler, however, as it turns out, he is even too stupid for that.

What have I learned from the Pumpkin Ketchup act?

First of all: I now know her name. Griffin or so!

Second: If I ever made the mistake of having a one night stand with her, and I was stupid enough to stay till breakfast, I’d say something similar to what she said in her apology video.

It worked for the British, until the empire collapsed, like a bad soufflé.

The culture of death is so pervasive in America that it’s easy to point fingers. Kathy Griffin’s mistake was celebrating that death culture rather than confining herself to pointing fingers.