Let's talk about Trump

Add the delegate system to the list of things Trump doesn’t understand but boisterously talks about anyway?

nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el … us-n553801

Trump will make a good President once he cuts the silly statements.

The world has been waiting 69 years for him to stop making idiotic comments. With a track record like that one wonders if they aren’t just idiotic comments. Perhaps the man is simply an idiot? :whistle:

I’ve faced the stare many times before, Trump or no Trump. I really worry about my cousins.

I would like to see Trump win the election.
I got interested when he said to the pathetic Bush his brother was a liar.
It was a welcome change.
I and many others don’t see him as a Republican. I don’t agree with all his rhetoric, but he claims to be against NAFTA, TTP, TTIP, CFR, NATO, brain dead GOP, Clintons and so on.

Would I trust him? No.

If he has the nomination taken away from him by the GOP politburo, I hope he goes it alone. ‘Fat Dracula’ Cruz would be dead man walking in an election.

Cruz is out.

I made it through page 18 and decided to skip the rest and jump to this page. It was becoming too complicated like LOTR.

Could someone from Merica tell me what’s really going on in a nutshell? Thanks.

sfgate.com/politics/article/ … 391505.php

That means he gets the GOP nomination as I predicted. Hilary is the only one that will beat him.

ps. *taking another gaze into my cheap shihlin night market crystal ball and another cloud is forming. It is saying that , although Hilary would be a more “experienced” President, its not a Shoe-IN that Trump will lose"

In fact it is now becoming a stronger possibility that Trump will be our next President. Lord help us and save us from any situations in the world that needs critical thinking !

We the nation of the Khardasians are now going to be given the “leader” we deserve. Not the one we “should” have.

pps . I think Cruz picking Fiorina as his running mate was a fatal error like McCain picking Palin.

:roflmao: Right about now the democrats will be scratching their heads. Trump is up 2 points in the latest polls against Clinton, which doesnt mean much except to put them even, but Trump hasn’t even started on her yet. People don’t end up in the Trump camp by mistake and it seems social media like Reddit has flipped from Bernie to Trump in the last couple of weeks.

Trump currently looses to Clinton most badly in the younger age groups, if 4Chan and Reddit go all out against Clinton there’s no path for her to the presidency. They create the memes that flood the blogs, facebook and Twitter posts. The ammunition that Bernie refused to tap into against Clinton is MASSIVE and Bernie not getting out of the race beating her in elections just undermines her even more.

The thing is he doesn’t even need to go ballistic on Hillary, I think he understands social media very well and turns things upside down to his advantage. When he came into the race everyone was critical of his temperament, yesterday Ted Cruz imploded and it was Trump issuing a statement that read this demonstrates Cruz didn’t have the right temperament. The mood of the Trump supporters is upbeat, positive, all inclusive (for Americans), whats the mood in the Clinton camp? Vote for me because I’m a woman? Desperation? A grab for power to satisfy her wealthy backers? Clinton is about to be hammered.

If you’re a betting man, odds on Trump are in the 2/1 range, opportunity knocks :slight_smile:

Trump has crossed too many boundaries in getting the nomination. It’s going to be tough enough for a Republican to win from now on without being so utterly polarizing. I wouldn’t try to cash in, but that’s me!

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]If you’re a betting man, odds on Trump are in the 2/1 range, opportunity knocks :slight_smile:

Trump has crossed too many boundaries in getting the nomination. It’s going to be tough enough for a Republican to win from now on without being so utterly polarizing. I wouldn’t try to cash in, but that’s me![/quote]

I should have done that a bit earlier. But youre right the odds are still favoring Clinton, you only get 33 cents for a dollar on Clinton and Trump is going to be in for a tough time with regards MSM. Normally I would go with the betting odds, but this has been an unusual year.

Meanwhile exasperation is clearly showing in the Clinton camp.

Haven’t been paying attention, but if you thought early Trump could win the nomination you could have got a huge price I’m sure. Nate Silver admits being fooled here:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/why … -on-trump/

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Haven’t been paying attention, but if you thought early Trump could win the nomination you could have got a huge price I’m sure. Nate Silver admits being fooled here:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/why … -on-trump/[/quote]

I wouldn’t say I thought he would win from day 1, but did see signs of support from places like www.theconservativetreehouse.com that were supporting him from the start, they are very good at digging into the details and wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t get a lot of material from there.

I do see momentum too, more anchors at Fox are for Trump, Drudgereport is on his side, reddit.com/r/the_donald is 10 times as busy now as it was two weeks ago. Clinton it seems is going with the Trump is a racist, sexist bigot who knows nothing. Same line of attack as his last 16 competitors and didn’t work too well for them and IMO misses the mood and temperament of his supporters completely.

But with talk like that she may encourage some on the far left to turn up to Trumps rallies to hurl obscenities or throw things or assault his supporters, which will only increase Trump support further.

The news media in the U.S. have abandoned all pretense of journalistic objectivity in dealing with Trump and are now barking away like guard dogs of the ruling class.

I’m not even American, but if I had to make a judgement based on what I’ve been reading, I say don’t like that guy and I hope he loses…the election, the fake tan, the hair and basically everything.

I don’t like this guy. But one respected person who (forget the article) said some weeks ago that based on the results as we go along, he predicted Trump will be the next Prez. I think I posted a link sometime earlier, not sure.

Still a ways to go for Trump

nytimes.com/2016/05/06/us/po … f=cta&_r=0

I am not a Trump supporter as his economic/trade policy is well to the left of Hillary’s. But the liberal eastern establishment media has thoroughly underestimated him at every turn. I would even go as far as saying they don’t really understand him.

Trump’s real victory in the GOP race has been the triumph over the religious right. You get over his bluster, he’s really a closet Rockefeller Republican. He’s pro-gay, somewhat statist in health care and appeals to people from all walks of life (as Rockefeller did ironically) versus the beltway Clintons and the special interests.

He’s authoritarian and nasty in his campaigning. :popcorn: He will tear Hillary a new one! :laughing: No surprise here—his mentor in the 1970s? The legendary, tough as nails, enemy of Robert Kennedy, right hand man of Joe McCarthy in the 1950s–Roy Cohn. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Cohn

I think Trump should make peace with another wing of the Repubs that never had time for the religious right–the neocons. He should appoint John Bolton as his VP. :2cents:

A fair chunk of his appeal comes from his opposition to the Bush/neocon vision of projecting American power through wars. Appointing someone like Bolton will not help.

This guy is the worst nightmare of geeks in the Skeptics’ Movement:

Here’s one such geek, Greg Laden of ScienceBlogs:

The Republican Party [strike]is on the verge of nominating[/strike] has made an antivaccine loon named Donald Trump its presumptive nominee