MOD (Media On Demand)

Try disconnecting your MOD box power it off, unplug your modem power it off for a bit then reboot them.

This will often help when you have streaming issues.

Itā€™s possible to up and downgrade your package from your sofa ā€¦ without picking up a phone

BBC infoā€¦ I found out that the BBC is not part of any package. They are ā€œal la carteā€ channels. You can just add them at will from the ā€œsetupā€ page They are a little steep though. The price is 50NT a month each. You can drop it too at will. But you already have to finish out the month.

I would sign up right now for BBC entertainment in order to watch Doctor Who and a couple other shows. Unfortunately they are on when I must work. Is there an inexpensive recording option for MOD yet?

We get the BBC channels as part of our (top-end) package. Didnā€™t have to select them from a menu, or pay extra.

BBC channels were just there one day for us. No selection or special ordering needed, and looking at the last bill, no extra payment either.

BBC channels are included in the top level package at no extra charge. According to the earlier post, it seems as if they can also be selected at an added cost by people who do not have the top level package.

BBC channels are included in the top level package at no extra charge. According to the earlier post, it seems as if they can also be selected at an added cost by people who do not have the top level package.[/quote]

BBC Channels? I thought I had the top of the line package. I guess I have the family package. Could you please link to your package and tell me the monthly fee. Getting information here is a headache.

Iā€™ve got Nick, FX, BBC News Kidsco and a few National Geographic Channels, and and many other Channels. I donā€™t have FOX News, the other BBC channels and Fox

The monthly fee for the top level package is 359.

We only pay $99 and get the BBC channels.

Through your MOD provider CHT, you can get fiber internet (FAST), pick a package and the premium MOD package is only 99nt up and beyond that internet package.

I opted with 50M/12M for 999nt, and then with MOD for another 99nt, not a bad deal in my opinion.

Only reason I mention is at the time I got MOD they only offered ADSL and I was waiting for my ā€˜cable internetā€™ to run out (pre-paid for a year), but fiber is fast so I made the change once my other internet was over. Not sure what I will do with that much bandwidth but at least it is there!

PVR Options of MOD -
Iā€™ve hit a brick wall when it comes to upgrading to a better MOD package. There are six or more new shows that Iā€™d like to watch on those premium channels but I have to do this terrible inconvenient thing called work.

I have my Disney on Demand and really like it, but the other shows are just on regular broadcast channels like BBC Entertainment and their Education channel.

Is there a PVR feature in the worksā€¦ The remote looks like it could accomodate a record feature one day. Maybe we should lobby for one. They are loosing a few hundred dollars a month from me.

In the meantime, I canā€™t believe you guys can schedule your life around TV. What options do you use to record your shows. I was looking at a recorder by Aver Media. Since I only would need to record programs from one channel in a day, I guess the best thing to do is just leave the MOD on set to the channel and set a timer for the recording. What do you guys doā€¦

[quote=ā€œTaiwan_Studentā€]PVR Options of MOD -
Iā€™ve hit a brick wall when it comes to upgrading to a better MOD package. There are six or more new shows that Iā€™d like to watch on those premium channels but I have to do this terrible inconvenient thing called work.

I have my Disney on Demand and really like it, but the other shows are just on regular broadcast channels like BBC Entertainment and their Education channel.

Is there a PVR feature in the worksā€¦ The remote looks like it could accomodate a record feature one day. Maybe we should lobby for one. They are loosing a few hundred dollars a month from me.

In the meantime, I canā€™t believe you guys can schedule your life around TV. What options do you use to record your shows. I was looking at a recorder by Aver Media. Since I only would need to record programs from one channel in a day, I guess the best thing to do is just leave the MOD on set to the channel and set a timer for the recording. What do you guys doā€¦[/quote]

Simple, I dont watch TV so I have no need to do anything at all.

[quote=ā€œSatellite TVā€][quote=ā€œTaiwan_Studentā€]PVR Options of MOD -

Is there a PVR feature in the worksā€¦ The remote looks like it could accomodate a record feature one day. Maybe we should lobby for one. They are losing a few hundred dollars a month from me.

In the meantime, I canā€™t believe you guys can schedule your life around TV. What options do you use to record your shows. I was looking at a recorder by Aver Media. Since I only would need to record programs from one channel in a day, I guess the best thing to do is just leave the MOD on set to the channel and set a timer for the recording. What do you guys doā€¦[/quote]

Simple, I donā€™t watch TV so I have no need to do anything at all.[/quote]

Wow, you are Satalite TV. You sell a product that you donā€™t useā€¦

1. I admire youā€¦ :bow: In my early days as a mail order sales person at Micro/Mac Warehouse, I could never understand how these single moms, drop outs and others never touched a computer yet, would rake in the sales solely from the info in the sales database. I got moved up or out to tech support.

Do you tell you customers you donā€™t watch the stuff?

1. My question was meant for people who fork over 300 to around 400 a month for some decent packages. This is busy Taiwan. I canā€™t believe anyone can schedule their life around TV. I really am unable to watch the shows that are on in their current time slots. If there is a PVR (Personal Video Recorder), I would even upgrade. But now, Iā€™m not really watching anything except my on demand channels.

Your best option: illegal download torrents ā€¦ :roflmao:

Sad

This thing said it is designed for MOD but I canā€™t find out much about it. If it can be programmed and act as a tuner that would be the ticket.
http://buy.yahoo.com.tw/gdsale/gdsale.asp?gdid=1542658

[quote=ā€œTaiwan_Studentā€]PVR Options of MOD -

Is there a PVR feature in the worksā€¦ The remote looks like it could accomodate a record feature one day. Maybe we should lobby for one. They are losing a few hundred dollars a month from me.

I have this:
amazon.com/Panasonic-DMR-EH5 ā€¦ B000F4CVE4

Do you tell you customers you donā€™t watch the stuff? [/quote]

Yup all the time when they ask me about schedules for shows or events I just tell them to use the EPG or look at the website where the program schedules are.

Itā€™s not like people can not buy a PVR then schedule it to record for you. Watch out the MOD box switching itself off though. Recording a black screen is fun. :smiley:

Do you tell you customers you donā€™t watch the stuff? [/quote]

Yup all the time when they ask me about schedules for shows or events I just tell them to use the EPG or look at the website where the program schedules are.

Itā€™s not like people can not buy a PVR then schedule it to record for you. Watch out the MOD box switching itself off though. Recording a black screen is fun. :smiley:[/quote]

Oh that feature. I know it well. Thatā€™s known the ā€œwait until he buys a PVR to kick in featureā€. The kids have left the ā€œbankity blank blankā€ box turned on all day and when we get back the thing is toasty hot. As soon as I fork out the dough for the PVR, it will start turning off to save power. Itā€™s just waiting with that eye of its. The one that flashes to every remote command you use in the room.

Iā€™m thinking of buying the that free to air box for my wife to watch her stories, ditching MOD and maybe getting an IP in the states that lets me watch my occasional shows, specifically Doctor Who, BBC book dramatization the Disney Channel, Nick and the odd educational show. SO this last week I watched the box for two hours and that was just for background noise. I could not watch the shows Iā€™d like to have.

Sat TV. Do you offer an ala carte internet TV package? A little BBC Entertainment, A little Nickelodeon?

I am not a broadcaster so I donā€™t offer anything, I can only offer the content that the broadcasters have. Most of my clients want content not available on MOD. Also most of my clients (85%) are not in Taiwan.

MOD has the BBC channels and its cheap to get, its just you cannot just have only the BBC channels as it is not economically feasible to a broadcaster like MOD to have clients only pay for a few select channels. They would end up losing money. Also MOD is the best package in Taiwan if you do not need sports. But many of our clients are in fact expats want those packages to be viewable around the world. They also have good sports packs and the combination of the 2 broadcasters plus other content we have makes for a great combination as each package carries content the other doesnā€™t. So a Taiwanese person in Europe / USA can have MOD or local Taiwan Cable TV and witch it there. Or a Thai expat can watch what they need anywhere in the world. Our farthest client is an Aussie living in southern Argentina who needs English TV and for sure he wants AFL, Rugby, and Cricket.

Expats living in other countries they also appreciate they can watch their live content on 3g or wireless Ipads, Iphone Blackberry Android Macā€™s and Windows systems so itā€™s a totally different way of getting content. I have Foxtel from Australia here as well as the SKY UK and SKY Kabel Germany. Basically if you want to you can pretty much get any content you want, if you are preapred to pay for it.

Can anyone confirm that UFC 144 is being shown on the Star Movies HD channel available on MOD? Ads on Fox channels say it will be on Fox Movies Premium, and investigation into the availability of Fox Movies Premium shows that it is actually Star Movies HD everywhere else in Asia, just not in Taiwan and the Philippines where it is still Star Movies HD.

The 3-day EPG at the Dish HD site indicates that the event WILL be shown on Star Movies HD, but, you know, never hurts to check these things.