MOD (Media On Demand)

[quote=“Kahna”]Can anyone confirm that UFC 144 is being shown on the Star Movies HD channel available on MOD? Ads on Fox channels say it will be on Fox Movies Premium, and investigation into the availability of Fox Movies Premium shows that it is actually Star Movies HD everywhere else in Asia, just not in Taiwan and the Philippines where it is still Star Movies HD.

The 3-day EPG at the Dish HD site indicates that the event WILL be shown on Star Movies HD, but, you know, never hurts to check these things.[/quote]

Ah, very interesting, thanks for the info! I thought that because the channel didn’t change to Fox Movies here that it wouldn’t be carried. I assume the EPG won’t be incorrect because when UFC’s contract with ASN was up, the UFC events were not carried nor listed on dishHD. I looked at the actual EPG for DishHD on my TV and it’s listed on there too.

[quote=“mups”][quote=“Kahna”]Can anyone confirm that UFC 144 is being shown on the Star Movies HD channel available on MOD? Ads on Fox channels say it will be on Fox Movies Premium, and investigation into the availability of Fox Movies Premium shows that it is actually Star Movies HD everywhere else in Asia, just not in Taiwan and the Philippines where it is still Star Movies HD.

The 3-day EPG at the Dish HD site indicates that the event WILL be shown on Star Movies HD, but, you know, never hurts to check these things.[/quote]

Ah, very interesting, thanks for the info! I thought that because the channel didn’t change to Fox Movies here that it wouldn’t be carried. I assume the EPG won’t be incorrect because when UFC’s contract with ASN was up, the UFC events were not carried nor listed on dishHD. I looked at the actual EPG for DishHD on my TV and it’s listed on there too.[/quote]

You guys seem to be able to spend a lot of time on the internet and never be able to actually find the actual channel schedule using google. It’s hardly difficult.

facebook.com/note.php?note_ … 9775577023

Googling ‘Star Movies HD schedule’ and ‘Star Movies HD taiwan/asia schedule’ brings up no obvious schedule, especially not the one you linked to. That’s about all the time I care to devote to that ‘easy’ task…thanks for the link though!

Mups this pretty much sums up how lazy people are. If it doesn’t come up in their first google search they give up.

Its also been on your5 Dish HD EPG for nearly 2 weeks already.

I have a website full of these links but clients are too fucking lazy even to look at those cause it “takes too much time” then complain they missed an important event.

They have time to devote to watching TV but not enough time to devote to find a schedule. :loco:

Ah, well I don’t really care enough about the UFC thing to search it out, typically I don’t plan ahead on what to watch on TV. If I want to watch something specific there are better and more time efficient ways to do so.

Just to let everyone know, UFC 144 was just rebroadcasted on Channel V.

I’ve been keeping up with this whole UFC licensing saga. My cable provider is KBro and I used to watch all the UFC events live on ASN. But of course they stopped airing the events a few months ago.

Ever since then, I’ve had to watch all the events online.

I saw the commercials for UFC 144 on the Fox channel which said that it would air on the Fox Movies Premium channel. For some reason, KBro doesn’t even carry the Fox Movies Premium channel.

I came to this thread and read the good news about Star Movies HD. But of course, KBro doesn’t carry the Star Movies HD channel either.

Interestingly, while watching the Discovery Channel(or Nat.Geo, forgot which one), I saw a commercial for UFC 144. It stated that UFC 144 would be shown on Channel Z at 12am today.

I just finished watching it. It was a 2 hour broadcast, complete with Chinese commentary. Joe Rogan’s commentary was edited out and replaced with two Chinese announcers. The broadcast had very short commercial breaks, by very short I mean like 3 second commercials.

Even though it’s a full 2 days after the event, it’s still better than nothing. I hope they continue to air the UFC events on Channel V.

I hate MOD. Got the We channel (102) and I’m crying for the 3rd time watching the same stupid wedding program for the 3rd time. Sniff sniff

Does MOD carry the O channel? Now that her daily show has ended, I can’t satisfy me Oprah cravings with .torrents and thus am going through withdrawal.

How I wish she’d come build an Oprah school for indigenous girls here in Taiwan. She, Sissy Chen and Annette Lu. Formidable force, indeed.

Like every good media company, cable or otherwise … CHT swapped MOD channels, BBC is now on 30, 37, 77 and ITV 78, instead of the easy 90, 91, 92, 93 … :doh: didn’t check the other channels …

Thanks for the heads up BP, but why the hell would they do something so stupid?

No don’t answer I’ve been here long enough to know the reason. :wall:

In Europe we would actually organize according to channel name (BBC1, BBC2, … France 1, France 2 …) … here they do according to the content … idiots.

exactly. Well at least it’s consistent idiocy.

Can anyone help me read what this says?

This is all my MOD box seems to do anymore.

My first guess was that I had accidentally pushed the button that someone earlier in the thread mentioned would upgrade the unit’s firmware, and that this message said something like “Please wait while we update your MOD box system software”.

But it seemed to be taking too long. That red “progress bar” would take a few minutes to fill up, and then when it did, it would start over. I let the process go on for about an hour last night, and then decided to turn the box off, unplug the power cord, plug it back in, double-check the internet connection to the back of the box, and restart.

The exact same thing happened after restarting. And no matter what buttons I push on the remote or the MOD box, this screen is all I get. After restarting the box last night I let it run while I slept (about 8 hours) and it’s still doing this as of this morning. At this point I’m back to thinking that the box is just broken and I should call to see about getting a new one, but I thought I’d first check to see if anyone else had this problem and found a solution (or at least if someone might be able to tell me what this message says).

Anyone know?

The MOD hardware (or the software in it?) is really a piece of crap. You get that ridiculously long loading stuff when you switch it on and off at the back…quite often I also get sound errors where the audio has a warped, slowed down effect…if I reset from the back I wait through the loading, then it will still be the same, or have no audio at all. I’ll turn it off and try the next day and it’ll be fine but happens too often. Then you get the random yes/no screen in chinese when you load up at times…have no idea what those are. I’m pretty sure there are a couple mice inside the box running things.

Basically, it’s a message telling you that the box is resetting itself, and a progress indicator. For the problems you are having, just call the number on the box’s sticker and they will send someone out to fix or replace the box.

Yeah, that’s about what I figured. Thanks.

New channels … France24 E (228) and F(229) … Luxe TV(226) but they are optional, not free, although France24 E seems free of charge.

Any idea of the content? Like one of them showing the Tour de France?

Any idea of the content? Like one of them showing the Tour de France?[/quote]

France 24 is a 24h news channel in F(rench) and E(nglish) … Luxe TV is a lifestyle/travel
channel?

Wow, Chung-Hwa is really trying to push their MOD on me. They call my home phone, my cell phone, send me stuff in the mail, over and over. I’ve told them I have a high-end cable package from my cable provider and that getting MOD would really only duplicate what channels are already out there. Still, they try.