One of the tackiest threads to ever appear on Forumosa

[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/fu-cheng-strip-club-formerly-the-paradise-club/26704/1 has to be one of the tackiest threads to ever appear on Forumosa.

Clearly the OP has joined a business venture that provides “extra” services, in addition to the usual jiudian “let’s see how high we can run up your tab, dear client” crap. How much do you want to bet that you can also hire the girls out of the club? It sounds like a whorehouse - bottom line. And here’s the OP, soliciting business for his whorehouse on Forumosa, with all sorts of “PM me I can (wink wink) fill you in on the real deal” kind of teases.

Sorry, dude - this is beyond bad taste - it’s friggin sleazy.

Sandy, I got a kick out of how long it took you to get the OP to admit that his club wasn’t what he said it was in the first posting. There is no such thing as a proper strip club in Taipei, becasue, as you say, Sandy, they are illegal - plain and simple. Jiu-diens with scantily clad rent-a-chicks/hostesses have been around for… forever, really. There was a time when they were ubiquitus. The OP can invent some fictitious story about his establishment being some kind of “classy” strip club, put a flimsy veneer of propriety on it, but clearly it’s just the same old shite.

When did it become okay for posters to SPAM the forum with solictations for their businesses? Paritcularly those relating to prostiution services?

[quote=“mwalimu”]This has to be one of the tackiest threads to ever appear on Forumosa. Clearly the OP has joined a business venture that provides “extra” services, and the usual jiu-dien “let’s see how high we can run up your tab, dear client” crap. How much do you want to bet that you can also hire the girls out of the club. It sounds like a whorehouse - bottom line. And here’s the OP soliciting business on Forumosa, with all sorts of “PM me I can (wink wink) fill you in on the real deal” kind of teases.
Sorry, dude - this is beyond bad taste - it’s friggin sleazy.
Sandy, I got a kick out of how long it took you to get the OP to admit that his club wasn’t what he said it was in the first posting. There is not such thing as a proper strip club in Taipei, becasue, as you say, Sandy, it’s illegal - plain and simple. Jiu-diens with scantily clad rent-a-chicks/hostesses have been around for… forever, really. Invent some fictitious story about it being some kind of “classy” strip club, but it’s just the same old shite.
When did it become okay for posters to SPAM the forum with sollictations for their businesses? Paritcularly those relating to prostiution services?[/quote]
…“It’ll make your weinie drop off!”

As far as I’m concerned, it’s selling prostitutes, however you attempt to skirt the issue or dress it up. Personally, I don’t like it being featured on a purportedly family friendly website, but it’s not my call.

[quote=“Nonsequitur”]Oh, did I mention the stripping part and perhaps some other nocturnal activities afterwards?[/quote]Either he’s referring to fishing, or he’s advertising prostitutes on Forumosa.

No, not selling, surely . . . more like renting them out!

HG

I’ve been fishing at night.
Can he really hook me up? I’ve got a pole. My wife said something abouts having fishnet something or others
I’m sure she will let me go.

Ok, perhaps I should make things clearer.

We do not sell prostitutes nor do we support prostitution. Are there Jiudien that do that? Yes, there are and if that’s what a customer who contacts me is looking for, I point them to the clubs over at the combat zone (aka. Linsen N. Rd.).

The title of the thread is very clear. If anyone is against strip clubs, then avoid it like the plague. There have been posts in the Relationships forum that were more explicit. As the OP has said himself, this kind of business has been around for ages. It’s part of the local culture and it’s not going to go away anytime soon. What he doesn’t know is that there are countless of variations on the Jiudien theme.

I am not holding a knife to people’s throats to get them to go to my club. They go there of their own free will. Do they have a good time? Yes. Does it involve taking a girl to bed? No. Do people take girls out from the club? Yes. To do what? Well, if all you can think of when “nocturnal activities” is mentioned is a night of hot sex, then please stay away from the club.

All I am offering is a way for foreigners to experience what a Taiwan jiudien is like without getting ripped off. Everyone who has been to my club has been pleasantly surprised. “Wow! This is definitely different from those jiudien on Linsen N. Rd.!” is the most often heard comment.

So please, before you start bashing away, go to the establishment and see for yourself. Would you give a restaurant a bad review before even eating there yourself? Would you give any business establishment a bad review before having been their customer? Objectivity goes both ways…

Edit: Since when is replying/posting on the thread that I started considered SPAM?

[quote=“energy”]I’ve been fishing at night.
Can he really hook me up? I’ve got a pole. My wife said something abouts having fishnet something or others
I’m sure she will let me go.[/quote]You need some tackle too apparently, I wouldn’t know :idunno:

[quote]So please, before you start bashing away, go to the establishment and see for yourself. Would you give a restaurant a bad review before even eating there yourself? Would you give any business establishment a bad review before having been their customer? Objectivity goes both ways…[/quote]And have my weiny drop off ? I’m not taking that chance.

Oh well, I’ll stay away then. Because I can’t imagine any OTHER reason to hire an 18-year-old stranger that’s just spent the evening shaking her titties in my face.

Oh well, I’ll stay away then. Because I can’t imagine any OTHER reason to hire an 18-year-old stranger that’s just spent the evening shaking her titties in my face.[/quote]

Obvioulsy you’ve never played backgammon.

Oh well, I’ll stay away then. Because I can’t imagine any OTHER reason to hire an 18-year-old stranger that’s just spent the evening shaking her titties in my face.[/quote]

Obvioulsy you’ve never played backgammon.[/quote]

And are not artistically inclined. What about good wholesome activities such as:nsfw: this?[/url] :nsfw:

If you don’t like the thread, don’t bloody well read it!!! :unamused:

I get annoyed when I read this kind of post. I for one, disagree, that Forumosa is really a family-oriented website. I think it is a website that is generally geared toward adults. Most threads involve adult-oriented issues.

Furthermore, each poster probably has a different definition of “tacky.” While I wouldn’t visit the business that is being advertised, I believe the businessman has the right to post here – just as other businesses do.

For me the posts regarding “Welcome Wagons” come across as tacky. Yet, I don’t ask that it be taken down. I usually shut the doors on Welcome Wagons in my home country – these suburban tupperware ladies with their fake smiles bore the shit out of me. I am suspicious of people being too helpful or friendly from the very beginning. Personally, life is about struggle and if a newbie is too stupid and can’t find his/her own way, TEALIT is probably the answer for them.

In other words, this site is different things to different people. Let the thread remain and don’t enforce your interpretations on other people.

Who’s talking about doing anything with the thread? How is anyone “enforcing interpretations?” If I was “enforcing my interpretation,” you wouldn’t be reading about it or posting here because it would be in the flame forum.

And the bit about a family-oriented site might be wrong on my part – I can’t be bothered looking, but I seem to recall something to that effect being on the site somewhere.

“Don’t bloody read it?” Why not? I’m the mod of both the restaurant forum and this feedback one. I’m supposed to read the threads. I don’t have to agree with them and I have every damn right to state my opinion. I DON"T have the right to simply get rid of ones I don’t happen to like. Which I haven’t.

I was under the impression Chewy was referring to mwalimu rather than yourself there Sandy…

You are correct with your assumption there Tetsuo

I bet you’d feel good about your cynical chewy self if you helped a new user settle in.

They had fukkerware and were ready to party, you just misheard them and got the wrong impression.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]If you don’t like the thread, don’t bloody well read it!!! :unamused:

I get annoyed when I read this kind of post.[/quote]So don’t read them.

:laughing: HAHAHAHAHA :laughing: exactly :loco:

:marge: Does that mean I can’t interest you in this lovely three-piece Tupperware Pickle Keeper?
With its posi-lock seal, and convenient patented pickle puller mechanism, nothing makes pulling your pickle more delightful! :dance:

:laughing: HAHAHAHAHA :laughing: exactly :loco:[/quote]

Ah, but I enjoy being annoyed. In fact, I thrive in conflict situations. And being annoyed doesn’t necessarily mean I do not like the thread. You get annoyed with a family member, but you still listen to him or her, right? My post stated if the OP does not like a post, he or she does not have to read it.

IMHO, the OP worded his message and dislike of sleaze and stripper joints rather strongly, alluding that the place was even a “den for hookers.”

I merely stated my slight annoyance with the puritanical post.