Renewing JFRV ARC

Thanks, scomargo. I will be heading to the office tomorrow with plane ticket in hand.

Now that the cards are plastic and have the date of expiry printed on them, with no space for adding another date, do they issue a new card when you renew, and how long is the wait for the card? Do they really have the facilities to spit out a new plastic card in 15 minutes? :eh:

Now that the cards are plastic and have the date of expiry printed on them, with no space for adding another date, do they issue a new card when you renew, and how long is the wait for the card? Do they really have the facilities to spit out a new plastic card in 15 minutes? :eh:[/quote]

When I renewed last year it only took 15 minutes on the office but they sent me the card by registered mail about a week later.

Now that the cards are plastic and have the date of expiry printed on them, with no space for adding another date, do they issue a new card when you renew, and how long is the wait for the card? Do they really have the facilities to spit out a new plastic card in 15 minutes? :eh:[/quote]

When I renewed last year it only took 15 minutes on the office but they sent me the card by registered mail about a week later.[/quote]
But you need to provide them with the stamped self-addressed registered envelope, so get that at a post office before you go.

Much obliged! :bow:

Well it took me about an hour and a half at the office (Banqiao), and over a week to send it.

They’ll give you an envelope and stamp, and charge you for it.

You need a photo.

2 weeks to send you the card

It took me over an hour at the Taibei office on Guangzhou Rd. today. They told me it would be 14 working days, not calendar days, and with two Sundays and 10/10 off, that translates to 17 calendar days for me this time, and that’s if I pick it up myself. Presumably it would be longer to mail it. Grrr. Plus they wouldn’t renew the JFRV for longer than the remaining 2 years of validity on my passport, so remember to check that before you go. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyone changed their address on their JFRV? I assume I have to take my household registration but do i still need photos?

You do. They have to issue you with a new card, so they need the photos.

Photos aside, I think that there is a logic problem here.

It is not your household registration, it is your spouse’s household registration.

GOSH! I mean to say! GOLLY! GEE! Hartzell, you are SOOOOO RIGHT! But man! Did you EVER set that silly guy RIGHT straight! :laughing:

I did this a few years back, almost two months before expiring … didn’t need a plane ticket, just my word … :slight_smile:

No, I didn’t change it because I applied for APRC … PARC? What ever! Anyways, what I did is change my wife’s/our household registration to the new address before I went to the NIA … without my wife’s ID card … :discodance:

Hi All,

Has anyone done a JFRC type ARC renewal lately? Last I recall the following were needed:

1. Household registration print from district admin centre
  2. Wife’s original ID
  3. Current ARC
  4. Passport
  5. 2 current passport size photos
  6. Self addressed envelope (registered mail)
  7. $3,000 for 3 years (maximum is 3 years limited to passport expiry)

Thanks

I was down there today. They didn’t ask for my wife’s ID, but they did ask for my rental contract (original and copy), since my address has changed. In the past I’ve used a bill with my name on it, but that wasn’t good enough today.

I’ve never been asked for my wife’s ID either. Proof of address is only needed if it is different from the household registration, right?

That’s the impression I got, yeah.

I had the “pleasure” needing to go to extend my ARC on JFRV status.
Not only did the Immigration office moved from Banqiao to Yong-he, but the place they are is difficult to find, unsafe to walk (no sidewalks - you’ll find out) and worst come to worst… Seems they got instructions to speak mandarin Only - or no one is capable of speaking English.

So, we received the 1/2 A4 invitation / reminder to “extend” my ARC card.
NO info on it what-so-ever of things to prepare. Knowing how inefficient governmental institutions wok here, I took my passport with me.
Once taken car of the lady (in quick spoken Chinese) explained me I needed to show:

1. ARC
  2. Own Passport / landing visa
  3. ID of my wife
  4. Family / household registrations
  5. New set of photographs (cause I grew my beard 0.5 CM…?)
  6. As I changed job - an authenticated employment contract.

I swear, I went through the roof. Not only did they not put any “prerequisites” on the invitation, but when my wife called them, they did confirm that for an extension, the ARC itself was enough. Bullocks.
After explaining that my boss would not grant me even 3 hours Holiday to reschedule, they were ‘OK’ with a call to my wife as NOT needing to provide all the paperwork.
Seriously, I’d love to write to the over-coupling institution to vent my anger as to advice what other countries are capable of - to inform applicants correctly.

So, if you need to go to renew / “extend” your ARC, take any piece of paper with you that you got in your possession as to avoid winding yourself up.

I learned years ago to prepare photos, arc and passport for almost anything , the household reg is key to check if you are married still. There is no requirement for employment contract details, that has nothing to do with JFRV.