Say hello to my little friend

This little fellow is making quite a rumble in my house. He is huge, like hand size, but the cats pay no attention to him. But he tends to jump around and appear at the darnest places… unexpectedly. Not funny.

Adorable. I bet that guy combined with the cats means no cockroaches for you.

Where can I get one :slight_smile:?

Dunno about roaches, but mosquitos there are none. :slight_smile:

As to the cats, no way, Their Lordships do not chase roaches. Their royal paws are too clean to dirty themselves -please read above dripping with sarcasm. My cats do not hunt, period. Their bowls are never empty, and it takes too much effort to leave their cozy bed.

The trees and walls around my place are full of them. One fell on my arm the other day, they heard me screaming in Timbuktu.

Given the title, hadn’t the OP been a woman, I would have never clicked on this thread.

Cool gecko though! :slight_smile:

I’m surprised the cats leave it alone. We managed to rescue a gecko that got mauled (50/50 whether he made it or not, but he did scuttle off) and had to clean up some remains once. Might be best to put the little guy outside if you see the cats starting to show interest. Maybe yours are just super-lazy.

I am far more worried that the geeko will be “smoked” by Bobby, my Maltese. He chases butterflies in the park.

The cats? Doubtful. It takes a pigeon to attract their interet. Anything smaller is beneath them Majesties.

I always thought these wall geckos are adorable. I once saw two giant ones fight each other. The most of have seen their kind move. In the end they grabbed each other with their fore-limb, and realized now there’s no way to stay on the wall. They make a pretty big noice (i guess that’s how they scream) as they fell to the floor.

Yep, noisy, that they are. You may not see them, but you can surely hear them.

Told you about the time one smuggled itself into my office?

Mukashi, do not read the following:

So, the gecko has spawned… in the bathroom. hence, every time I enter this sanctuary of privacy -hah! sarcasm, as anyone who has pets knows well that is not true- I am greeted by a flurry of tiny geckos scurrying about for cover.

I started with Peeping Tom Cats
Followed by Bath Guard Dogs
Now I have Jurassic Park!

So many horror stories!!!

I heard one last night, damn they survived the typhoon. Didn’t get a “sighting” for over a week tho.

Day Hello to my big Friend ! Warms the heart :slight_smile:

[quote=“mukashi”]So many horror stories!!!

I heard one last night, damn they survived the typhoon. Didn’t get a “sighting” for over a week tho.[/quote]
Just box them up and mail them to me. Sheesh. I will take all your unwanted geckos (except tokays).

[quote=“Impaler”][quote=“mukashi”]So many horror stories!!!

I heard one last night, damn they survived the typhoon. Didn’t get a “sighting” for over a week tho.[/quote]
Just box them up and mail them to me. Sheesh. I will take all your unwanted geckos (except tokays).[/quote]

Uhm, there’s so many at the first floor of my building… can give you and address if you want, but boxing it by myself is getting a little too close.

Funny story… as a kid, tokay geckos where popular pets in my country, and my parents promised to get me one. I was very excited, but after a few months they backed out of the promise. I was very upset and disappointed then, and NOW I blame them for my geckophobia. I am sure if I had one as a kid I would join your gecko-fans circle~

I am sorry to report poor gecko was found this morning floating in Toto’s water dish. All efforts to revive were fruitless. RIP.

don’t know about Gecko’s life span, but that’s a darn long time for the gecko to have lived in your place. It probably did too good a job cleaning up all the pests.

They don’t live too long when there are cats around, sadly.

It may or may not have been the gecko or probably one of its descendants. he leaned too far in the bowl and that was his demise. Friggin weather.

Poor thing. You’ll have to set out a little gecko-sized water bowl in future :slight_smile: