Sex Offender Heaven

Taiwan is a heaven for convicted sex offenders. This guy is a repeat, convicted child molester who fled the US and lives openly TEACHING ENGLISH in Taiwan. What a messed up place.

Sex offender fails to appear for trial

Bellevue police are looking for a fugitive sex offender who failed to appear for trial. The fugitive is Wesley Lu, 26, who may have fled to Taiwan, said Officer Greg Grannis, Bellevue police spokesman. Lu is charged in King County Superior Court with possession of sexual depictions of a minor. A warrant with a $1.5 million bail has been issued for his arrest. Lu has a previous conviction for child molestation and is supposed to register his address with the King County sheriff. He earlier had registered at a Bellevue address but is no longer living there and his location is unknown, Grannis said Thursday. Lu was convicted of three counts of child molestation in 2004. Further information about Lu is available on the Bellevue police Web site at www.bellevuepolice.net.
Seattle Times Eastside bureau

www.ci.bellevue.wa.us/pdf/Police/Lu_Not ā€¦ _Draft.pdf

esldewey.com.tw/teacherdetail.php?n_id=3025

Did you find that last link yourself? If so, I assume youā€™ve already given it to the police? I have sent them an email on the off chance you didnā€™t just to make sure they know.

In the UK you have to go on the sex offenders register even if the offense was committed abroad. I donā€™t know if Taiwan knows about him. Itā€™s only a sex offended heaven if they knowing let him teach children, now the US police can tell the Taiwan police.

When I was working in the UK we had an application from someone whose name rang a bell (James Fraser Darling) - I googled him and realized I knew his name from living in Asia and seeing him on the front of the Straits Times, as he was sentenced to imprisonment for molesting a minor.

I phoned the Cheltenham police, to which they responded:
ā€˜Paedophile, eh? Ooh, Iā€™m afraid we donā€™t have a department for that.ā€™
After further pushing, he eventually put his superior on the line:
ā€˜So, he was arrested in Thailand?ā€™
ā€˜Yes.ā€™
ā€˜And heā€™s served his time.ā€™
ā€˜Yes.ā€™
ā€˜Not our problem, then.ā€™

We eventually gave up and instead informed the association of language schools, who promptly put out an alert.

So it seems Taiwan isnā€™t the only safe haven.

Googled that double barrelled named chap.

[quote]Scots paedophile freed from prison to work in China as teacher
Aug 24 2008 By Marion Scott

A PAEDOPHILE jailed for abusing boys in Thailand is back at work - teaching 10-year-old children in China.

James Fraser Darling - who preyed on boys as young as eight - gives one-to-one lessons to the children of wealthy families.

And the authorities in Britain are powerless to stop the twisted Scot from getting close to children abroad.

His freedom to roam the world unchecked exposes a failure to track known UK paedophiles overseas.

Darling, 56, who moved from Forres in Moray to Morningside, Edinburgh, before he went to the Far East, is working in a private language school in Zhuhai in south China.

We discovered the pervert - the son of an Oxford don - posing as a respectable teacher in the same week as pop paedophile Gary Glitter jetted back into Britain. [/quote]

HG

Iā€™m guessing that was a while ago? There were hundreds of policemen waiting for Gary Glitter (who was refused entry at every other country he tried to get in to so had nowhere else to go) at the airport. And I know for fact we donā€™t have double standards.

He applied for work with the Inlingua chain in 2003.

[quote=ā€œHuang Guang Chenā€]Googled that double barrelled named chap.

[quote]Scots paedophile freed from prison to work in China as teacher
Aug 24 2008 By Marion Scott

A PAEDOPHILE jailed for abusing boys in Thailand is back at work - teaching 10-year-old children in China.

James Fraser Darling - who preyed on boys as young as eight - gives one-to-one lessons to the children of wealthy families.

And the authorities in Britain are powerless to stop the twisted Scot from getting close to children abroad.

His freedom to roam the world unchecked exposes a failure to track known UK paedophiles overseas.

Darling, 56, who moved from Forres in Moray to Morningside, Edinburgh, before he went to the Far East, is working in a private language school in Zhuhai in south China.

We discovered the pervert - the son of an Oxford don - posing as a respectable teacher in the same week as pop paedophile Gary Glitter jetted back into Britain. [/quote]

HG[/quote]
Eh? Itā€™s not double-barreled.
Note my bolded words, they can keep an eye on them while in the country. Just like the guy in the OP. But what can they do if they go abroad? They are looking at stopping them leaving the country after the Gary Glitter case.

Solly, saw toff, and assumed - to makle an ass of u and me - that it was double-barreled.

HG

The EFL industry must take some blame for hiring anyone with a pulse in order to make money.

ā€˜Speak English? Great! Weā€™ll PAY you to stay in a room unsupervised with someone elseā€™s kids.ā€™

First case Iā€™ve heard of here. I wouldnā€™t call it a heaven or a haven from one case. Not to mention the guy is Chinese or Taiwanese and could be a citizen here.

It is. There is no background check as long as you arenā€™t applying for a JFRV, APRC, or citizenship which is the vast majority of English teachers here. Schools, teachers are being trusted more and more with young children without anyone supervising aside from a monthly visit for evaluation (and I imagine in the smaller towns itā€™s less than that). And even if they arenā€™t doing it in the classroom, they can still get access to kids in private by either taking on one-to-one students in their own homes or make contact with students outside the classroom.

The buxiban/ English teaching scheme is way to wide open and essentially welcomes any warm body with a passport from an English-speaking country regardless of teaching potential, English competence, or criminal background. :unamused:

Itā€™s harder to get a work permit in Thailand nowadays, so Iā€™ve been told.

Well, apparently our resident pedophile frequents Forumosa, because heā€™s deleted his esldewey profile that is linked in the original post. But this one is even more to the point (see link below) - Heā€™s looking for more english-speaking tennis students. That means YOUR KIDS Forumosans. People should be aware ā€¦ if not upset that Taiwan authorities allow a fugitive sex offender to put more kids at risk so brazenly.

tealit.com/ad_categories.php ā€¦ anguage=en

Great stuff, BFM!

HG

This guy needs to get arrested like, today.

Yep. In some cases, that can be a good thing.
Me personally, Iā€™d prefer to go up to Datung district with some friends, find him, and do a Donald Sutherland thing like at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Good to see some proactive action here from Forumosans :bravo: :bravo: This sack of shit shouldnā€™t be making 550 or 600NT+ an hour by utilizing TEALIT or other boards. IF he can evade the law here without the government coming down on him, at least he should really have to work at even more low paying jobs.

He is more likely to notice that word is out, so more likely to change his name and go deeper underground. He could even go to another country and authorities lose track of him.

From what I understand, Taiwan doesnā€™t have an extradition treaty with the US, so local authorities are unwilling to pursue him.

Perhaps a best case scenario would be that local media pick up the story, scare a bunch of Taiwanese parents, and goad officials into doing the responsible thing.

Fat chance. At best this is probably just a healthy reminder to parents ā€¦

Slightly OT here, but on the subject of extadition whatever happened to that Taiwanese hooker who abducted her own kid from the US and fled to Taiwan? I recall her US husband coming to try and take the kid backā€¦ Can anyone shed light on this please.

It was this thread I believeā€¦she is still in Taiwan as far as I know.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48846&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=hooker+New+York&start=100