Solution for the mold :|

So what is the general consensus on open vs. closed windows as we head into the winter. Because I was fed up with dust, I closed the windows for what ended up being the entirety of the winter once in a taofang, and about half the furniture started smelling moldy. The building was in the process of being sold and turned into a hotel and all of the furniture was replaced after the transformation (otherwise I would have felt real guilty about the moldy furniture as the management in that building was great). Anyways, I’ve moved to an insanely damp part of New Taipei City (over the course of ten years here I’ve not yet experienced this level of indoor dampness) and after reading this thread I’m confused about when to open/close the windows. Previous to the above mentioned mold issue, in the winter, I normally would open the windows when I left for work in the morning and close them when I got home at night. I now live in a bigger apartment, not a taofang. Any thoughts on managing this situation would be greatly appreciated as I’m panicking a little heading into the winter. (Of course I will be buying a dehumidifier soon.).