Texas Roadhouse vs Gordon Beirsch

I vote Texas Roadhouse

i asked for my steak to be cooked rare at le blanc and it was perfect. My daughter and I like to get a lobster dinner and a steak dinner to share. I went to Morton’s for the company Christmas party last year and the steak was excellent. I can only imagine how much it costs for steak there.

1 Like

I split the Lobster and 10oz steak with my wife too. Went to Mortons once, I recall a similar steak being about 2500 NTD vs 1000NTD at LeBlanc.

1 Like

At Morton’s prices, Costco is a great deal. 4 prime giant ribeyes for about $2200. Basically season and sear, then dinner is served. Steak is so easy to cook at home. I prefer to dine out for things that I have no idea how to cook.

3 Likes

Right, but you’ll need to have a BBQ for that. Even in apartments with a balcony many security guards give a BUUUXXXXXINNNNGGGG to BBQing on the balcony.

That being said, a proper seasoned ribeye with red wine… yummy yumm.

As an aside, is there a domestic beef market?

1 Like

Best steak I’ve ever had was cooked on a grill-pan cast iron skillet on a gas range, no grill required. Actually, that’s the only steak I’ve ever really enjoyed.

1 Like

i agree. my hubby has gotten into trouble for his bbq ways. we moved to a rooftop in a walkup building WITHOUT “security”. If my neighbors say buxing. i’ll invite them in for bbq.

Well that is one advantage of a rooftop unit on a walk-up. Maybe I’ll consider that for my next move!

rooftops are hot in the summer and can have leaks. mine has a lot of windows so winter is not bad. I still like them. it’ll keep you from spending too much at costco too when you think about carrying it up the stairs.

1 Like

Last time I went I had boneless wings, beer and dat bread.

500NT bill and 4 baskets of bread later. I leave happy.

1 Like

Red lobster, I want those cheesy bread

1 Like

No Outback Steakhouse there?
Not too bad

The Outback on Nanjing E Road near Ikea closed down last year.

For a while it was “American Steakhouse”. It’s too bad that shuttered as well, I liked their happy hour specials!

There’s an Outback (which, much like your Texas Roadhouse, no Australian person has ever heard of) on Songren, sort of across from The Land of a Thousand Mitsukoshis. It’s overpriced and crap quality.
Speaking of which, there’s a Hooters there now, too.

I’m pretty sure that’s closed, and it now a ~famous~ La-men shop. Outback has totally pulled out of the market…

have you been there recently? according to google it’s closed permanently. i’m pretty sure outback backed out(hehe) of taiwan for good, their kaohsiung branch closed years ago and i haven’t seen any others in taichung or taipei. not that i’d miss it.
i wonder what’d be the next big western food chain to exit taiwan. my guess is tgif or burger king. bk already left everything southern from taoyuan, tgif also gave up a few branches down south

Outback steakhouse was vile.

1 Like

Sorry, I only see the sign when I drive by, I can’t say it’s still open.

Friday’s has been shutting down right left and center, true dat. They’re far from being the only game in town like they were originally

Prefer Dan Ryan’s. Hope they open again soon.