The narratives about Trump thread

You do know there was a special program for Cenhtral American refugees? same as with the others.

As to those riding the Death Train to the US, well, yeah, that sucks. But with desperation and bullets behind you, a wall, a fence, same difference.

I’m confused. So yours is an argument for getting into the US any way possible?

I think she’s making an argument in favor of Trump’s wall.

Whether she knows it or not, that’s my question.

The Romans built Hadrian’s Wall to keep out the Pict barbarians. Likewise the Chinese built the Great Wall to keep out the Mongols and other hordes. What is so bad about building one to keep out drug mules?

1 Like

think of this: you start a fire in teh bush and then complain because rabbits are jumping over your property. A fence will not stop the rabbits from seeking refuge in your property if teh fire rages on. Turning out the fire will not also prevent the rabbits from coming in your land but also eliminate teh danger of your own home being consumed by it.

Did you just call all people North of the Hadrian’s wall “BARBARIANS” ???/?1/1!/

*triggering intesifies

DID YOU ALSO JUST ASSUME ALL ROMANS WERE RACIST??

*triggering reaches peak intensity

Ok, you seem to think the US started a fire in the bush and that justifies open borders. No border is possible, you seem to be saying, because ‘brown’ people only have one destination, the US??

So it’s retribution? ‘Brown’ people are due a human right to come into the US to work and to live because where they grew up is bad and it’s the fault of the USA?

Bananas, Chiquita.

Yes to both–do I need to go to a Time Out zone for re-education?

In Honduras. Not the US government. A private company did that.

This type of thinking is still extremely common. Here’s something more recent:

It will if you build it high enough.

It appears that going low enough may be the key, though.

No punishment, in current year the important thing is to show outrage at anything in order to gain the moral high ground. Thanks to your reply I’m now a shiny speckle of moral virtue. This status will last until tomorrow, when I’ll need to find some other triggering thing to show that I care.

Now you’re starting to become “woke.” Welcome to the club!

Some do stay and fight in spite of getting scorched. Perhaps as the fire goes down, if it ever, we won’t have to escape. then you will have time to tender your own garden. and we will too.

So it’s a threat, too. A kind of extortion, like.

How lovely.

I don’t think she really means it that way. And it’s kind of inevitable when a First World country and a Third World country share a border.

Well, if one cares to look with open eyes then one can see plainly at least one source of the narratives about Trump. His appeal on the topic of illegal immigration sure seems to be rational as hell.