The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

Tia’s refusal to divulge the information seems to indicate the contrary.

Anyways, I know where it is, so neener.:banana:

That would seem to narrow down the possibilities quite a bit. It’s true, we cows like that cool highland weather.

It’s time to make Sopa de Gato :yum:

of course no cat inside my sopa de gato

Try lobster

1 Like

ok, will change to creamy chicken sopas will add some elbow macaroni.

BTW, I was looking for a picture to explain what sopa de gato is -no cats are harmed in the making of it, most of the time- but mostly I got the ones from South of Spain and Chiapas, Mexico.

Here in Taiwan, cold weather is huoguo weather, no problem getting that. Back in the ol country it is oxtail soup, rib soup with everything and the kitchen sink, bean soup, garbanzo and pork skin soup, chicken and noodles soup… Gotta get myself an electric pressure cooker to try to make some here.

Oh and waffles and pancakes and hot oatmeal for breakfast. With lots of fruit and cream and coffee.

Any other cold weather food suggestions?

I always prepare this and easy just tossed them to water and let it boil.

Chicken or pork broth add some carrots and radish or some green vegs (add salt and pepper to taste)

I will make creamy chicken sofas tonight (could use campbells mushroom).

Same here thinking to buy pressure cooker :sweat_smile:

this made me lol, “when alive was a rabbit”

1 Like

Just to make you guys jealous, now that the fires are just about out we can breathe again. And our temps range from lows of 14c to highs of 32c. Means nitetime heater goes on (in our house to 24c) and in daytime AC goes on to (in our house) 25c. This way we save power and its comfortable 24/7.

Heater to 24c means saving power. Its a bit chilly below 24c but no need to heat up beyond 24c.
AC to no lower then 25c also means power because we don’t really need to be using power to head below 25c.

The human body (for many) seems to prefer a range of 20 to 25c. In our family we like to closer to 25c. Cat (who has a higher body temp of 38 to 39c) would probably prefer in the 20 to 22c range though.

Sunny everyday. Clear skies. But then I work like 6 days a week so I don’t get to enjoy it as much as I would like.

Does Kuchit AKA Whooper look for warm places to hide from the cold? What is his favorite spot?

My Icon has hogged the wifi router.

He is an American Cat and hairy so hes not that afraid of the cold in general. I look at his ears, red ears means he is HOT. And he gets sent out to the porch. White ears means he is Cold and he will snuggle up.
He sleeps where ever he pleases, on the couch, on a few of his fav spots , all made up just for him. In his baby carriage (yes he has one), or on the bed. When we are out and we leave the AC too cold (we dont do that now to save power) he will jump in the bed and be like a human and have his head on the pillow and his body under the cover.

Since we keep the house at 24 to 25c nowadays, i do think its a bit hot for him, rather then cold. Right now he is at my feet with RED Ears. SO i may have to put him on the porch again. We live on second floor so porch does not mean he can go out in the wild. Just the Porch.

Maybe we should consider moving the heater down a notch to 24c at night and the daytime to 26 to keep him from over heating.

I miss living in the U.S., where climate control is a fundamental human right. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tell me about it. Summertime in Taiwan at our Wanli concrete bunker was basically sweat pouring down 24/7. And each occupant walked around with his own fan. Or AC goes on (but somehow AC doesnt feel as good as a nice big fan). And in winter… Lordy Lordy. 4 heaters on in the bunker and its cold as literally ICE. Sleeping under a thick blanket and I can see my breath in my room! And I have to wear a night cap to keep the head (only part of body not under cover) from freezing.

That is why i prefer the summer, rather then the winter in Wanli.

Lordy Lordy. Not to mention the 24/7 rain, RAIN.Rain,RRRRRRRRRRain. For bloody MONTHS on end.

Worst weather in the world probably. Maybe not worst worst, but close.

4 Likes

I was looking at the Facebook of that Canadian fellow who bakes cinnamon rolls, and he was showing the central heating system installed in his home -I guess Jiufen. Man, imagine that. Oh, such bliss! Xindian gets pretty chilly and humid, such a thing would be wonderful, and no, I can’t have a gas heater, I can only foresee burned whiskers and a few emergency visits to the vet with that.

I was looking into a window unit by Hitachi that has both hot and cold air. I thought only split units had it. It was not cheap but I am glad to have that possibility in my space challenged apartment.

The weather has changed now. Less rain, less cold, unbearable hellish heat in summer though.

I was under the impression that winter had been officially abolished in Taiwan. Haven’t seen one in a few years. And summer now seems to last about eight months…

amazing weather right now. hope it lasts. fuck the rain!!!