The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

It looks like we have some sun on the way starting Wednesday. And very possibly some nice weather next weekend? I really, really hope that doesn’t change.

1 Like

Too late, I fly south tomorrow night. Way south, as in the longest possible direct flight south out of Taipei.

Banqiao?

Chungli

My current Chinese teacher says winter time is rainy season.

My last Chinese teacher said summer time is rain and typhoon season.

They both say spring and summer both last a couple weeks each, and spring is frequently raining.

Based all all those comments, one would assume that it’s always rainy season in Taipei.

Based on living in Taipei for a few years, I tend to agree that one needs to nearly always be prepared for rain in Taipei.

GO OUTSIDE NOW! Great.

Why is it always sunny during office hours? Inconvenient to say the least.

3 Likes

I’m sure it will start raining roughly around (precisely at) 16:59.

3 Likes

You get off work at five? Lucky bastard…

He’s…that guy.

Because we start at 8:00.

You’re…that guy.

Thanks for lying to make me feel better. 'Preciate it!

I do 8:30 to 5:30 (even though I don’t need to swipe or anything), just because I felt really, really bu hao i se when I left at 5 that one time…just because I didn’t want to be that guy.

We used to be 8:00-5:30 Monday to Thursday, 8:00-5:00 on Fridays. To help us beat traffic on Fridays… :roll:

When Taiwan started to enforce a 40-hour work week, our boss was “convinced” to let us off everyday at 5:00.

If we clock in 1 minute late, lao ban niang will take an hour of pay from our paycheck. If we forget to clock in, she takes 100 NT.

We have a choice of 8, 8:30, or 9 start. That sucks about your pay being deducted. So glad I don’t need to deal with that. But I’m an older guy so don’t mind me and my situation.

I’m not nearly as young as most people guess upon first meeting me, but we’ll leave that stone unturned. :sushing_face:

I have the same problem but i also look old :wink:

Weather looks amazing until the new year.

However, I feel like it’s too early to tell…