USA and gun control

We need to keep backpacks out of schools.

Make homeschooling mandatory. Get rid of Department of Education. :grinning:

Crazy person uses said gun to kill. Yes, the bullet from the gun cause the deaths…MULTIPLE deaths. Remove “gun” from the situation and you are less likely to have multiple deaths. Period.

No they don’t. Prove it.
The killer will always have the element of surprise. The killer will always have the advantage. It does not matter who has a gun at school. Arm a few teachers you say? Ok, will those teachers be able to get to their gun, load their gun, abandon the kids they are with, find the killer and take the killer out before its all over without friendly casualties? I think not. This is not Hollywood, it is real life. Even cops dont have great aim when under pressure and stress.

Also, many if not a majority of these killers WANT TO DIE. They are on suicide killing sprees. Don’t you think it is possible having armed schools will make it what they want, going out in a glorified Hollywood style hail of bullets while taking out as many of their classmates as possible?

Think! Please, Think!

The Florida shooter WAS expelled. THREE TIMES!

The real problem is bullying, social media, access to 24-7 sensationalized news, violence in movies and games and lack of a good home life. Parenting is key. No amount of legislating can fix that. It is a moral unraveling of society that has been going on for decades.

Who is saying they are the root cause? Nobody is.
They are a result of the root cause which is as I said above.

SSRI medication being pumped into young kids who don’t deal with the world well, are wild kids, come from bad homes or are antisocial and you have a recipe for a mass shooting.

Why were there barely any mass shootings before prozac was introduced to the market?
Other big pharma companies all scurried to produce their own version of SSRI medication to have their own cash cow on the “depression antidote”

Here are some examples:

• “Columbine mass-killer Eric Harris was taking Luvox — like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor and many others, a modern and widely prescribed type of antidepressant drug called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs.” Along with fellow student Dylan Klebold, Harris shot 13 to death and wounded 24 in a headline-grabbing 1999 rampage. “Luvox manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceuticals concedes that during short-term controlled clinical trials, 4 percent of children and youth taking Luvox — that’s one in 25 — developed mania, a dangerous and violence-prone mental derangement characterized by extreme excitement and delusion.”

• Twenty-five-year-old Patrick Purdy murdered five children and wounded 30 in a schoolyard shooting rampage in Stockton, California, in 1989. He’d been taking “Amitriptyline, an antidepressant, as well as the antipsychotic drug Thorazine.”

• “Kip Kinkel, 15, murdered his parents in 1998 and the next day went to his school, Thurston High in Springfield, Oregon, and opened fire on his classmates, killing two and wounding 22 others. He had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.”

WND’s Leo Hohmann adds to the picture, having reported in 2015 (all quotations are his):

• “Aaron Ray Ybarra, 26, of Mountlake Terrace, Washington, allegedly opened fire with a shotgun at Seattle Pacific University in June 2014, killing one student and wounding two others.” Ybarra “said he’d been prescribed with Prozac and Risperdal to help him with his problems.”

• “Jose Reyes, the Nevada seventh-grader who went on a shooting rampage at his school in October 2013 was taking a prescription antidepressant [Prozac] at the time….”

• “Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis sprayed bullets at office workers and in a cafeteria on Sept. 16, 2013, killing 13 people including himself. Alexis had been prescribed [generic antidepressant] Trazodone by his Veterans Affairs doctor.”

• “In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann went on a shooting rampage in a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Ill., killing one child and wounding six. She had been taking the antidepressant Anafranil as well as Lithium, long used to treat mania.”

• “In Paducah, Kentucky, in late 1997, 14-year-old Michael Carneal, son of a prominent attorney, traveled to Heath High School and started shooting students in a prayer meeting taking place in the school’s lobby, killing three and leaving another paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.”

• “In 2005, 16-year-old Jeff Weise, living on Minnesota’s Red Lake Indian Reservation, shot and killed nine people and wounded five others before killing himself. Weise had been taking Prozac.”

• “47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, just a month after he began taking Prozac in 1989, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Kentucky, killing nine. Prozac-maker Eli Lilly later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.”

Now you also have a mass shooting culture in America. Good luck with that.

How will you remove guns from the equation?

Supposedly SSRI medication makes some people feel disassociated from their actions.

Some individuals…Not everybody. Needs to be a screening mechanism.

You mean like this millennial? :slight_smile:

They pass those things out like candy now.

I’m pro gun ownership, so I’m sure I’ll be attacked here. I’m also for stricter background checks, and for doing more with the background information check information, and for taking action when warned about a lunatic. Even if you were to pass a law tomorrow making guns illegal, it won’t matter. The criminals have the guns, too. Just look at the shootings here in Taiwan. The only way to make a school safe in these troubled times is to lock it down like an airport and have a multi-layer approach to security. I was saddened to hear about the officers who were too afraid to go into the school. You really have to make sure whoever is armed at a school is qualified to take action. We have to value our schools as much as we value security at airports. This man’s got it right: https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/02/21/father-of-shooting-victim-fix-school-security-sot.cnn

Slow down, man! Three Daily Rowlandisms™ in one day?! I can barely keep up!

Yeah. Sheriff’s deputies. Worthless government enforcers. F*** them and their corrupt boss.

Support law and order by s***ting on law enforcement officers! :rainbow:

Keep guns out of the government’s hands by giving guns to teachers (aka government employees)! :rainbow:

To solve the problem of Big Government™, we need Biggest Government™! :rainbow: :unicorn:

1 Like

Someone is unclear on the concept here.

I’ll shit on anyone who needs shitting on.

As for “law enforcement officers,” law enforcement is as law enforcement does. Or, in the case at hand, law enforcement isn’t as law enforcement doesn’t.

(But they sure do enforce the government. The law, not so much.)

Yeah ! More money for the private security firms.

I haven’t read the article, but I’m trying to picture what that would look like.

• X-ray all backpacks and lunchboxes. (Goodbye, fresh produce.)

• Confiscate all liquids in containers larger than 100 mL without compensation. (A great way to teach the meaning of “theft”!)

• A national “No Learn List” that applies to every John and Jane Smith in the country. (Cue Alice Cooper.)

• Strip searches. :eek:

Okay, homeschooling it is! :rainbow:

1 Like

I think the kids are worth the money.

I’ve never been strip searched anywhere including the airport, although that spinning x-ray machine comes close to it. I bet there is a lot more from airport security that can be applied to schools. Of course, not every part applies. Couldn’t a school be smart enough to make allowing for fruits/veges, drinks? My thoughts around this is that schools aren’t seen as sitting ducks for any nutcase to come in with a gun. Making guns illegal won’t remove the guns, and I really want to see our schools as a safe haven. I’ve raised two kids in the public schools in Florida and Texas and my heart breaks that people are so divided on politics that they don’t take actions that will work.

How sad the USA has become that they now need airport level security screening and armed teachers.
Pathetic.

The concept is easy and clear.
Shooter was expelled 3 times from 3 different schools.
Expelling did nothing but bounce him around school to school.
What is it you dont get?

I agree with you. It is sad. A very sad time for us.

1 Like

those bad kids and potential evil shooters should be in gated facilities, that is the only way to keep crazy people away from guns.

No Child Left Behind was originally a scheme to coddle retards to the detriment of the rest. Over the years, it morphed into something more sinister.

“Compassion” is insanity.

Never mind home schooling. Wouldn’t have done squat for this one. How do you home school an orphan anyway? Foster parents don’t have the motivation. And besides, it’s a waste of time trying to educate the mentally defective.

Kid shoulda been put in the booby hatch. Electroshock, lobotomy. It was good enough for Rosemary Kennedy. Cruel, you say? Compared to what?

The great thing about private security companies is they’re easier to fire, and they know it. Pay whomever gets the job done, and throw that sheriff in jail.

Whenever they talk about grabbing your guns for your own good, remember, just who “they” actually are. We have seen their face, and it ain’t pretty:

Time to grab THEIR guns.

For starters, the school system is unclear on the concept.