What are you listening to? (Part 3)

Son Volt's new American Central Dust.

I'm listening to the latest offering from Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. Great stuff.

The Clash thread made me throw on the US version of their debut.

Nelly Furtado!
Yee~ha!

I didn't grow up in the Depression. But Merle Haggard's "Hungry Eyes" is just about kiling me.

Temped

Yeah! The MC5! Herroooiinnnn!
Listening to Echo and the Bunnymen's "Heaven Up Here". Seminal.

The Butthole Surfers - Pepper....play this damned song at my funeral as you carry me down the alley in a pine box. Although - I prefer cedar - juss saying.

Dammit! I Love that fucking song!

Tonight I had the pleasure of listening to Gifthorse and IrishStu jammin' on their ukelele-thingamajiggies. It was nice. :thumbsup:

A friend recently put me on to Aphasia. They are from Taiwan and not bad IMO:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pgo6y2juWZk

youtube.com/watch?v=jCIsXGVY ... re=related

Killing Joke - Killing Joke
The Stooges - The Stooges
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Baseball Furies - Throw them to the Lions

Mark Knopfler's latest, Get Lucky. Heard it three times through now. If you liked Brothers in Arms, you'll probably like this.

I think I'll probably always listen to anything this guy records. I may not like it, but I'll give him my ear.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tom Russell's Blood and Candle Smoke. Recorded with the border band Calexico backing. "Crosses of San Carlos" is the song that seems to stay in my head.

Excellent.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lykke Li "I'm Good, I'm Gone" and "Dance Dance Dance"

youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f

Awesome Swedish female vocalist

Genres Pop, Indie rock, electronic, alternative, electropop

Verdi's Requiem. I'm enjoying the jazz-opera bit about 20 mins in - that was just ... new at the time, afaik. Yummy-lush.

Yes - Gates Of Delirium from the live Yesshows double CD. An amazing live performance that is so close to the studio version I can hardly believe it. That's Yes for you though...

Thank you GRC22.

Ian Curtis we miss you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdZLiORITBg

I'm listening to Glenn Weiser playing Celtic tunes fingerstyle. I would not have believed you if you told me a guitar could sound like bagpipes, but there it is.