Where do you/don't you watch the FIFA WorldCup'06

The attitude of both crew and management can make or break a place… what also plays is how one experiences things… but as a customer one would always expect to be treated well and have a good time (otherwise you are not likely to go back there…)

I normally watch the football in JB’s but they rarely get enough people in to make any kind of atmosphere and the angle of the TV and bar is a little bit awkard - but they have a lot of good beers there.

I don’t like the tavern because it’s usually full of people not watching the games and brushing their way past me every 30 seconds.

I like the brass monkey but it’s better for watching the rugby than the football.

I went to Saints and Sinners once, when they promised me they would have the game on i wanted. I got there and it wasn’t on and they never had planned to put it on but figured if i turned up i’d just stay and watch another game :loco: haven’t been back.

So, for me, it’ll be JB’s for the time being unless somewhere better pops up soon.

May I suggest BLISS for the Holland game tonight…?

Hup Holland Hup, Laat de Leeuw niet in z’n hempie staan…!
Aanvallluuuuuhhhh !!!

Do you guys reckon the pubs will be full for the semies and the Final at 3:00AM?
My option are Carnegie, BM and the Tavern. Just checking.

I’ve watched a lot of the games at the Brass Monkey and so far the atmosphere has been pretty good, lots of English people in on Thursday and it was full but not too full, though last Saturday was a bit too packed out so getting to the bar was a nightmare. Might go for the Czech game later. Roxy Jr are showing them all too but the visibility of the screen isn’t good with people walking past all the time and they only have cable so chinese commentary with the annoying adverts, and I was surprised to find that even Underworld on Shida Rd has hoisted up a screen where the bands used to play (and on a tangent the dj said they’re getting live music back at the end of the month).

For the England - Sweden game though I might give Carnegie’s a shot as the screen truly is massive and I’ve been told there’s a good English crowd there. Let’s just hope they play better…

OK, but I am specifically asking for the late game at 3:00am. Anyone has been there and was there a lot of people?

[quote=“igorveni”]Do you guys reckon the pubs will be full for the semies and the Final at 3:00AM?
My option are Carnegie, BM and the Tavern. Just checking.[/quote]

In my opinion people will watch the final in the place where they’re used to watch…your option seems correct; C, BM & T are probably the 3 most busy places…trust BLISS will be busy too but not packed…

I reckon Carnegie’s has by far the best screen and the atmosphere for the England games has been excellent even though they have been mediocre at best (well, crap really) so far. The choice language aimed at the main protagonists on the bloody huge screen added to the authenticity of a footie match atmosphere.

WayneBrooney
Aged 12
Scally pickpocket

[quote=“BroonAle”]I reckon Carnegie’s has by far the best screen and the atmosphere for the England games has been excellent even though they have been mediocre at best (well, crap really) so far. The choice language aimed at the main protagonists on the bloody huge screen added to the authenticity of a footie match atmosphere.

WayneBrooney
Aged 12
Scally pickpocket[/quote]

What? Don’t you think anyone listens to me? :loco:

:laughing:

Don’t answer that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless, Argentina is going to win the whole bloody thing. Why the hell are you talking about England?

:double loco:

:wink:

[quote=“elektronisk”] Why the hell are you talking about England?

[/quote]

I’d talk about Norway but they have only been in the news in relation to an International Whaling Commission vote to re-allow whaling.

:smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

BroonArhus

[quote=“BroonAle”][quote=“elektronisk”] Why the hell are you talking about England?

[/quote]

I’d talk about Norway but they have only been in the news in relation to an International Whaling Commission vote to re-allow whaling.

:smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue:

BroonArhus[/quote]

You’d better mind yourself. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

…annoying indeed…those adverts suck…but did you know that Channel 38 had to pay 150.000.000nt for the rights to broadcast…? They gotta get their money’s worth…

Long Live Satellite…!!!

Right!!! No need to talk… England did what they had to do, just like all the other countries that have gone through already: win 2 games and on to the next round…no bull shit; result counts… it will only just start after the first poules… the last 16…and then 8…

ARG looks strong but the Dutch Lion still want to make up for '78… remember '78??? What a story…

OK, that’s all good and nice but nobody answered my question. I might have to work on my english a little bit more.
Do you guys reckon that for the semies and the finale, which are broadcast at 3:00am in Taiwan, the main pubs C, BM and T will be full?
Or, do the owner anticipate a full house for these 3 games?
Thanks.

[quote=“igorveni”]OK, that’s all good and nice but nobody answered my question. I might have to work on my English a little bit more.
Do you guys reckon that for the semies and the finale, which are broadcast at 3:00am in Taiwan, the main pubs C, BM and T will be full?
Or, do the owner anticipate a full house for these 3 games?
Thanks.[/quote]

I don’t think the owners of C, BM and T are following this thread…
In my opinion they will be full… they should be, they’re full most of the time already now… and this is just the beginning… even though it’s very late; it’s still the finals…
Think most places that show the games will be full…certainly trust we will be full too (but not too full so that everyone can still see the game comfortably…)

New Info:

For the ‘double’ games the next few days we show the main game on 2 big screens and TV (via satellite) and the other game on one big screen (via cable)

i watched a few games at Duckbill Darts Bar & Restaurant. a fun little place which is not too packed nor too loud; plus you can play a few games of electronic darts (which is way more than fun than i thought) before, after or in-between watching the matches

How about the fans in Hsinchu? Where do you go for the games… and where is the place to go for the finals?

In Taipei the choice is obvious…

Go

to

The TAVERN! :slight_smile:

Just asking… I’m in Germany for business so I know where I’m gonna go! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
It’s all about timing those business trips… not that much business is getting done at the moment anyway. :sunglasses:

[quote=“stan”] … and where is the place to go for the finals?

In Taipei the choice is obvious…

Go

to

The TAVERN! :slight_smile:

Just asking… I’m in Germany for business so I know where I’m gonna go! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
It’s all about timing those business trips… not that much business is getting done at the moment anyway. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Nice planning of your bizzo trip… can you watch the games live in a the stadium…? (or at least the GER match(es)… or do you watch at home or in a bar with friends?
How much does a ticket go for? (I was in Germany for the '88 European finals and tickets were black market already about 500 Euro then…)

… why is the Tavern the obvious choice in TPE? I mean, busy is busy and when people have to watch from outside then I imagine it’s pretty packed inside so how do you get a drink and how can you enjoy the game in a crowd like that…?
Of course Tavern is sports bar #1 here and have many screens all over… but still…
Is it that crowd that attracts us hurd animals… ? …guess it is…

May the best team win and may everybody have great fun…where ever or how they watch…

(…wouldn’t it be a surprise if HOL won after all…?..)

I don’t watch it at Bliss that is for certain. All the seats are reserved an hour ahead of time, and then they leave the front TV running until the game starts, then turn it off. Thanks for warning us. Now that the rest of the place is stuffed to the gills. Its the world cup people. Get a clue. Fix the TV. Pathetic. (This happened during the Germany - Argentina game.) Who knows if they fixes it, or even care, I’m for certain not going back there.

Did you read the explanation in the other thread? If there’s no satellite feed, there’s no feed. How on earth can you plan for that? And how on earth can you “fix it”? Give the guy a break!