Where to buy arugula, baby spinach & other salad makings

In the US, grocerey stores have a whole aisle of great salad greens. Here it’s just iceberg or romaine…and a bunch of Chinese greens.

Costco briefly carried boxes of prewashed baby spinach, but I haven’t seen it there in ages.

I tried City Super today and they had good sandwich meats and cheeses, but only the same lettuce as Wellcome.

Any idea who might sell more diverse western salad greens in Taipei?

Thanks.

Jason’s might. But you’ve pretty much exhausted the usual suspects. Carrefour, sometimes will have it. Hit or miss, more or less. If your adventurous, you could grow your own. Hydroponic would be the best MO for that.

Costco is definitely the best value. I have been missing the spinach, too. I like the kale from Nice Green but it’s pricy at $250 per small pack. Gotta have it for my morning juice. I usually go to the one at B1 of Sogo Zhongxiao Fuxing station near Din Tai Fung.
www.nice-green.com.tw

Are those the pack sizes in the pics? Those are lettuce, but I mean for the kale?

I used to see a couple of places that sold fresh greens, but they all seem to be gone now.

They are more rectangular for the kale.

JB_IN_TW
August 29 |

Are those the pack sizes in the pics? Those are lettuce, but I mean for the kale?

I used to see a couple of places that sold fresh greens, but they all seem to be gone now.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Aikaili
August 29 |

Costco is definitely the best value. I have been missing the spinach, too. I like the kale from Nice Green but it’s pricy at $250 per small pack. Gotta have it for my morning juice. I usually go to the one at B1 of Sogo Zhongxiao Fuxing station near Din Tai Fung. www.nice-green.com.tw
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

What I meant was…is it 250 for a head or 250 for a few leaves?

250 for a head. it’s hydroponically grown and can use it right away. i juice vegetables and kale is a nice addition. I’ve got kale, pineapple and cucumber today. good stuff.

Im just gonna make stampot with it. Thanks for the info. They deliver, right?

Man, if you can’t find the means for a kickass salad at the Day Market (incl, FWIW, Romaine, which you used to have to go to Mitsukoshi in TienMu to get, if you were lucky), you need help…

Stuff sells out at Costco…FAST.

Costco is a place that is the lone provider of certain foods like Greek Yogurt. So, if you’re the only establishment on the entire island that provides that kind of food, it’s bound to be sold out quickly.

Best bet is to go back when it’s not packed and ask staff if they can check when the next shipment comes in. Good luck!

I always just pick up stuff. I bet they do. Everyone seems to deliver in taiwan.

1 Like

I had to look up stampot. Looks good.

why is baby spinach not a thing here? its the best. i used it for everything back home.

1 Like

Because Taiwanese people don’t eat it raw.

ETA: Like they don’t eat mushrooms, broccoli, bell peppers, all that stuff raw

They will eat fish raw, but veg? No. Drives my wife nuts.

Some, but not much.
Like lettuce, carrots, onions, some cabbage

you can cook it too!

Uh, yeah, I know, :roll_eyes: but that’s why they only have mature spinach here.

What are you, German??

well they need to sort it out. the lettuce here is pretty shoddy too.

I’ll have a word with them.

I get perfectly nice Romaines from the day market and niiice butter lettuce at me RT Mart.