Where to buy arugula, baby spinach & other salad makings

In what locale can you get butter lettuce at RT Mart?

Here in the big city
Probably not out there in Bumfuck County.

Hey, we have an RT Mart here. However, the most exotic food item they sell is a Granny Smith Apple. They even started selling Folgers in those red plastic containers that tinkerers love!

And down here we prefer the more polite term “hobo coitus”

Holy cow!
Butter lettuce can’t be more than 2 or 3 years away.

Yeah! We can now get 2 tbls of smoked paprika for NT$65!!!

Nothing ‘baby’ is a thing here, everything is huge or green, just look at the carrots.

baby corn

Baby carrots are just regular carrots with imperfections shaved off.

Vegetables in Taiwan used to be a disaster, and still is in a way. It’s all green, leafy with here and there a little spot of orange, yellow or red. ‘STOP’

I don’t mean that, it’s all huge, not even young carrots with the greens still attached.

What does that even mean??
Aren’t “green” and “leafy” pretty much the definition of vegetables???

I can get lots of imported veggies like different salad greens, spinach, kale, Brussels sprouts but at a price.

No, you have at present in Europe and the US all kinds of other veggies at reasonable prices. Here it’s mostly green and leafy. You want other veggies, pay up.

Go to a wet market, it’s a sea of green.

Yeah, that’s where we get 90% of our vegetables. I still don’t see what kind of vegetables you’re after that aren’t leafy and green?

Bell peppers, zucchini, different color tomatoes, different color potatoes, purple/yellow/green broccoli, different colored carrots, yellow garden beans, pearl onions, to many to list all.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.

There is a lot you can get in Taiwan, not mainstream and not regular, but at a price and you need to know where.

There is a DIY tomato farm in Guanxi. They are a touch pricey, but you get to pick it yourself. And you have to go to Guanxi.

Thats the kicker.

A single zuke can cost over NT$100. Toms are pricey now, too. Same with peppers. And they grow them here! If they imported them, I can see the high price. But local?

You can always grow your own, I guess. If you have the extra space for containers and/or a small hydro system.

Right now, almost everything is pricey. Some supermarkets just don’t have it because they know it’s not getting sold.