Who do I see if I'm balding?

I have a huge fear of balding and losing my hair. I look at my hair way to much and freak out if hair falls out. I know it’s normal to lose hair. I ask people and they say they can’t see signs of balding. Do I see a dermatologist to confirm? Usually I get over it, but they buzzed my hair pretty short in the army. It’s growing back but I see a lot of my scalp? I guess it’s normal because my hair is black and the contrast is more noticeable.

nothin wrong with the bald look son

1 Like

Lol. Unfortunately I look more like a Buddhist monk. Although I do look alright, kinda bad ass with buzzed hair. But I still prefer a full set of hair.

the monk look aint a bad look either.

I hear chicks dig those Buddhist monk dudes, so you’ve got nothing to worry about. Just make sure you keep that warrior monk look and don’t turn into a 彌勒佛.

2 Likes

Yeah you guys are right. I haven’t had to do anything with my hair since the army. I wake up and it’s good to go. Save me money on hair products and lots of shampoo. And time making it look good. Screw it. Plus I already have a gf. Don’t need to impress many ladies these days.

Also, if you’re worried about hair loss, I recommend brushing with a good-quality bristle brush to stimulate the scalp. You can’t really defeat genetics, but you can delay the inevitable to a certain extent.

I mean I don’t think I’m balding. But I’m not really sure. No history of MPB in my family and my hairline isn’t reseeding. I’m just wondering if it’s thinning? I can’t tell. But at the same time my sister is 5’1 my mom is 5’2 and my dad is 5’9. I’m just over 6’2. So maybe I’m a bit more hormonal?

Just remember, male pattern baldness is a sign of masculinity. :sunglasses:

I’m also the only in my family that can grow a beard. I feel like they haven’t told me I’m adopted

Or maybe there’s a Shaolin monk “uncle” in the family that mom hasn’t told you about yet?

Completely anecdotal but in my experience most doctors won’t really have a clue. You’ll get advice like “eat less meat, eat more vegetables.”

Stay away from anything DHT derivative and if things get really bad can try Finasteride.

Never lose hope…

If you’re thinning, try different types of shampoo. I remember a few years ago, there was a very popular brand from Korea that helped with thinning hair. I’ll see if I can remember and post it here.

Besides genetics, diet and stress seems to play a part. It’s a bit counter intuitive, one gets more stressed when they are balding.

Anyone else have people tell you that you’ll lose your hair if you don’t wear a hat or use an umbrella when it rains here?

If you do start to go bald for certain just go Bruce Willis mode man.

Genetics are different, with height there are a lot of factors that add to it not just looking at your mom and dads height, so you’re lucky if you value height.

There are treatments to delay baldness but it can be costly.

If you decide to roid you will go bald really quickly if you have the genetic disposition for balding. Seen loads of guys at 25/28 with 50% hair loss because they hopped on the roids, where they would of only hit that % of balding at 40/45 lol.

1 Like

Don’t be so vain. Accept you’re getting old and wear a cap or shave it like a man. Whatever you do, don’t comb it over lol.

1 Like

Just another reminder that beauty fades and death awaits us all. You are getting older and soon you will be proud of how bald you are. They will see your bald spot and know better than to mess with you. Worrying too much about it is just an anxiety disorder. This coming from someone that shaved their head for 5 years until they “grew into” their hair.

Thinning hair has to do with your nutrition -you need more protein, not less-, water quality -too heavy, full of chemicals and yuck- and the usual lack of sleep/hormones/combo -more taichi, less tango, OK?

Recommended products include coconut oil and horse oil.

Aside from that, a bald Asian guy is very sexy. :howyoudoin:

You could try acupuncture, but I imagine it’s quite painful.

Do you have a tall, bearded milk man? Look him up next time you’re at the home ranch and see if he’s balding now…