Why would you do this?

we can fix that:
Major Western Country

Hello,

I really think D-nice made a very good point on this.

Also probably the main thing to focus on in all of that is “equal treatment”

Example 1
Country A allows to give double nationality to people from Country B , Country B allows to give double nationality to people from Country A in return = FAIR

Country A allows to give double nationality to people from Country B , Country B doesn’t allow to give double nationality to people from Country A in return = UNFAIR

Example 2
You are talking about Chinese history and Chinese culture and see your Taiwanese acquaintance go almost berserk because you overlooked him, you know he is TAIWANESE.
You know, you just wanted to ask about culture and history not nationality and current and political situation but here we are, you happen to see the topic is extremely sensitive here.
You MEANT NO HARM but what you said made the person you are talking to feel very uncomfortable.
What do you do as a sensible person ? You pay attention, and show you care or at least be careful on how to deal with this situation the next time.
Am I right ?

A Taiwanese is contently using term WAIGUOREN and LAOWAI. He MEANS NO HARM, but the foreigner person doesn’t feel comfortable about it. What usually happens ? USUALLY, complete indifference about what the laowai has just said or you get one of the list below kind of answer
“Laowai think too much, Laowai is snowflake, laowai doesn’t understand Taiwanese culture”

Who’s is belittling who ?

And don’t start me with the EXTREME irony on how they react when I dare to say, silly me, that I don’t have any 英文名字 !!! (See first part of exemple 2)

And sorry too be extremely blunt but you forgot to mention whether the popcorn is sweet or salty ? It is important !

1 Like

Hey, didn’t you go against thousands of years of culture and tradition and call the cops on chinese new year fireworks?

Or did you do that because you know there’s a better way

1 Like

That is a very racist thing to say. This type of bigotry is from a bygone era. My god man Taiwan is NOT the 3rd world dump you portray it as. There are close to a million non ethnic Taiwanese trying to make it a permanent home.

At the very least you should not be preaching this bigotry, you who has to call the police on their most sacred of festivals

Honestly dude. What is your problem? You keep calling people racist and bigots and accusing people of things without knowing them. Seek therapy, for your own sake. You responded to Sui… and then 30 minutes later came back with more… lol

You say you are having fun? There’s gotta be a better way. Play a video game, go to the beach, get laid, whatever floats your boat. But claiming moral superiority left and right… You sure are cool.

3 Likes

Chill dude. You’re getting way too excited. Stick to the debate. If it’s too hot for you then just watch from the sidelines

It doesn’t have to be so… umm… hot. … ?

But maybe that’s just your style. You do you!

Maybe the pressure got to you. Understandable

majority of non-ethnic-Chinese taiwanese are SE Asian, and they are called immigrant not foreigner, aren’t they?

Waiguoren usually implies non East or SE Asian.

I personally prefer to be called nimenzhexiebaipizhu but ill settle for waiguoren if thats all thats going on the day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hahaha :joy:

If east and SE Asian are not included, are there close to a million non ethnic Taiwanese trying to make it a permanent home?

I have no idea about the intensions of anyone other than myself, but I do have the impression that waiguoren is not applied to East Asians, and Im not sure if i ever heard it applied to SE Asians either. Unless my memory is malfunctioning, which is a possibility.

1 Like

They get the honorific, ‘wailao’.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why you think this is my opinion.

Gotta love the internet now days. . Everyone’s a Cathy Newman.

1 Like

Especially you lulus…I Jordan Peterson’ed yo ass and you don’t even realize it yet

You sure did.

righhhhht. So shooting rockets into peoples balconies and windows is just fine?
I called the police because they were teens taking innocent fireworks and making it a dangerous situation. Not to mention it was way past time for them to settle down.

Enough with your nonsense, its annoying.

As you say you are and forever will be a waiguoren and guest here and it is their country so stop calling the police on their sacred fireworks day. Just using your logic, don’t get upset

1 Like