Worlds Smallest Turbocharger?

They need to market it slowly to increase earning. How else they can get bigger and bigger.

Yes, though the rather modest power outputs they are seeing makes one wonder if the complexity is worth it.

If you could spool the turbo directly with a motor, you’d obviate the need for the separate mechanical drive and second compressor.[/quote]

OK, I guess thats a hybrid. And Redwagons suggestion is a hybrid. And I guess this 20 year old March (from Wikipedia, so it must be true, and I have to confess I would rather like one) is a hybrid.

“In 1988, Nissan launched a limited 10,000 unit run of its homologated Nissan 1989 March Superturbo (EK10GFR/GAR). Both this and the 1988 March R (EK10FR) featured the same highly advanced sequential compound charged (supercharger plus turbocharger) engine in an all-aluminium straight-4 930 cc 8-valve 4 cylinder Nissan MA MA09ERT unit that produced 110 PS JIS (81 kW/108 hp) at 6400 rpm. … The March Superturbo still holds the crown for the fastest production March in Nissan’s history, with factory performance figures of 7.7 seconds to go from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) and 15.5 seconds to run a quarter mile. It has a top speed of 180 km/h (112 mph).”

So IF SBL meant any of those I owe an apology.

Bet he didn’t, though.