11 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue

I feel like the people like proud boys are the result of left leaning ideology like feminism pushing people too far.

this

How does one become an anti-Semite from feminism?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s all down to #metoo, but it def contributes.

I think @Mick has it about right above. The rise in white supremacy groups would seem to be one logical outcome of identity politics where identity wedges used by Democrats are sex, race, and ethnicity. Race and ethnicity wedges always, without fail, pit whites against everybody else.

You can only drive so many wedges into a heterogenous population like the US’s before a logical result is a backlash by some whites.

4 Likes

Well said.

A Trump fan sends fake bombs and it’s Trump’s fault.

An anti trumper shots some jews and it’s Trump’s fault.

?__?

Also, lol @ Gab being an alt right friendly platform. They simply let people share whatever they want, just like other social media platforms that allow free exchange of ideas. But considering that in current year anyone to the right of Stalin is far right, then it’s not even worth discussing it.

5 Likes

Uh, thanks for sharing your feelings. They don’t seem grounded in reality, but such are the nature of feelings.

The existence of feminism doesn’t somehow force anyone down a path to white supremacy. They choose to walk down that path themselves.

1 Like

Besides all that, the Proud Boys do some very odd things. Wasn’t a dildo involved at some point? Definitely too NSFW to link here.

I said some of them are the results of left leaning ideologies. feminism push, proud boys push back. Globalist=nationalist. One extreme results in a equal push back of the other side.

I don’t disagree, but you’re not being entirely accurate.

The #metoo movement has abandoned due process. It pursues outcomes outside the legal system; it’s a form of vigilantism.

No matter how much you want to discount it, such vigilantism frightens some Americans and may very well drive them into the arms of a fringe movement.

You’ve pointed out the flowering of boutique white supremacist groups above. I wonder how many Americans who “belong” to such groups but eschew the KKK are where they are due to woke over vigilantism.

Obviously I have no facts here. I’m just postulating that #metoo may have wider effects than intended.

I never said feminism results in anti semitism

#metoo is primarily a response to how widespread sexual harassment and abuse is, and how ineffective legal recourse is in the face of that.

Everyone here seems to have a big problem with the movement. But vigilantism? I haven’t seen any #metoo batman style vengeance. I see a lot of women (some men, too) coming forward about the various forms of sexual abuse they’ve incurred, speaking their truth, supporting each other.

1 Like

Are you joking? The whole movement is basically saying screw due process and rule of law. Let’s destroy by character defamation without any evidence.

And have you not paid attention to it recently? It’s been collapsing on itself lol.

Whole careers are abruptly ended thanks to #metoo. Men who’ve resisted or denied #metoo accusations have been shunned. In entertainment industries it seems to be career-limiting not to assume some guilt (or more than some).

None of that happens as a result of any judgment in a court of law. Vigilantism doesn’t require a rope and a tree branch, or even Batman.

1 Like

It’s abundantly clear to me that none of you have been on the receiving end of abusive behavior, or that you are unable to empathize with someone who has.

Shame…

2 Likes

Need more armed guards.

You don’t know anything about anyone. Shame on you for saying such a thing

1 Like

I’m not trying to deny that some men are guilty of abusive behavior, not at all. I’m also not saying that #metoo is responsible for most of what seems to be an increase in the number of white supremacist groups in the USA.

I am trying to point out, however, that the toxic civic and political environment in the US today can’t be laid solely at Trump’s feet.

And I’ll point out that illegal, murderous, and misguided vigilante acts are directly related to this topic, mass murder in a Pittsburgh synagogue.

I agree it’s not “solely” at Trump’s feet. Heck, some of that toxicity was already present during the Obama era. But can you concede at least some of it can be laid at his feet? He certainly shows no interest in containing it. It almost seems like he thrives on it.

Careers have been abruptly ended on both sides, and sexually engaging with people who you hold superior power over, is a very tricky thing and should be avoided.

With this said, the #metoo movement has taking it too far and is being high jacked for all kinds of changes.
Hitting on a coworker? Yes you can, eventually, It’s a no, no, no.
Smiling at the cashier? Sexual harassment? In Germany they changed the law, that if a woman just feels being harassed, she can sue. But this works both ways! Too bad I am not 25 anymore. What a cashcow!
Anyhow, besides funerals, where can I still hit on a woman?