141 foreign professionals naturalized as Taiwan citizens in three years

I’d love to engage you in a spirited discussion, however I need you to translate your comments into English.

1 Like

Found @ironlady posting.

And more details…

And don’t forget about how back in the day that the police would detain every single person from a nightclub and transport them down to the station and force them to give a urine sample to check for illegal drug use! No rights to due process here!

people need higher than average reading comprehension to communicate with me in English.

6 Likes

The problem is, a lot of these fights, especially as one person cost money, time, effort, things a lot of people don’t have. I got lucky to win my battles like the APT battle on guarantors.

The Ubike one was easy as it seemed to unite everyone without having a centralised leadership.

Perhaps we can found an NGO for ourselves? I have the resources start some of the work. This would put a lot of organisation into our efforts.

2 Likes

Somebody has setup a group ‘Becoming Taiwanese’ above.

FB page (& group): 讓我當台灣人、歸化台灣 Becoming Taiwanese

Indeed.

2 Likes

If it is on Facebook plenty of people will be excluded. Facebook won’t let you see content without having an account.

1 Like

There’s a non-FB website @Dr_Milker linked above.

1 Like

Is this a facebook group posting pictures and getting likes and comments or an actual NGO with offices and staff?

It seems they have some relation with forward taiwan, or do they just introduced FWT’s attempt?

You may directly ask it them and may do something together.

I agree an NGO may be the best way forward.

3 Likes

Seems like a lot of people don’t like the double standard that Taiwanese can have dual citizenship, especially from America. Why don’t we all just petition the US government to stop giving it to them to make it fair? We can try to get 10,000 signatures? That way no more complaints.

Because taking things down doesn’t help anyone. It goes against our principles of equality. Receiving the Taiwanese with hostility doesn’t make for a good example. Also, I’d rather have both countries OPEN over closed.

3 Likes

I believe the above was sarcasm, probably?

If it is, it went over my head.

Wasn’t sarcasm, though I see how it may have been perceived that way

1 Like

I stand corrected.

Joined “Becoming Taiwanese”. We are a family, four persons, I wonder how many people can be involved. The number matters probably.

I guess, but in the sense it would be “fair” and “equal”

Sure, reciprocity is fair indeed. But I would much rather both be open than both be closed. Plus, the US is only one of many, we may not hear from the others as frequently due to language and social circle bias, but I know plenty.