2.0 software update for Iphone 2g/ipod touch CRACKED

amazind, glad to know I’m not the only one, installer is included in 2.0.1, i’m waiting for iphone4.tw to get the caller id fix, they only had a regional fix, but I didn’t notice anything, you can put their source iphone4.tw/unlock2/

2.x is quite enjoyable, ease of apps download, and ‘remote’ is my favorite, such a blast to remotely control my itunes from anywhere in my home.

Is there anyplace in Taipei where I can take my 2G and have them update to 2.0?

Currently on 1.1.4.

I still have my 2G iPhone and am looking for someplace in Taipei that can upgrade it to 2.0??? Anyone know?

I’m excited I just found this thread. I don’t know what dodgy version was installed on my I-phone when they hacked it in Taiwan but it has been hanging and generally causing problems since I got it. Anyway its in the shop and will be coming back fixed with new software apparently. Has anyone got the caller ID working? Its very frustrating. Also have they added a way of forwarding text messages yet?

Edgar Allen did you get your phone fixed?

I am still trying to find someplace to upgrade my 2G phone to 2.0 software. Does anyone know?

My usual place in Guanghua that did all the upgrades before hasn’t figured it out yet.

I believe there is a caller ID patch out there, but I haven’t bothered with it. When I get a call or text that displays as a number, just add the number to the contact file you already have for that person. You only have to do it once, and from then on the ID will work.

In addition to (or instead of) SMS forwarding, a simple copy/paste feature would be awesome.

I really love my iPhone. I wouldn’t be without it now. In NZ the 3G phones have dropped in price and the plans are now quite competitive (from about 900nt a month) but I am thinking about waiting to see what the next release is.

Is the 2.0 firmware supporting Bluetooth yet ? :smiling_imp: Mwaaaa-haa-ha-ha ha :imp:

Yes, the 2.0 firmware supports Bluetooth… just not anything but dam* apple approved bluetooth devices…

Same as 3G.

Sometimes, Apple just sucks.

I call it dictatorial Marketing.
You swallow what we give you at the price we decide…

Where o’ where can I get my old 2G iPhone upgraded to 2.0 software??? Because I am going to sell it after that.

I took the plunge a few days ago and got a 16GB iPhone 3G. It’s from New Zealand so it didn’t need jailbreaking or a SIM card modification/sticker, apparently, just plugged it in. Upgraded to 2.1 the other day with no problems. 3G, GPS, apps all work. Taiwan even has an iTunes Store now. I’m very happy with it.

Now I just have to sell my English-version HTC TyTNII with its 6Gb micro SD on Taiwanted once I get a picture of it. The 32gb iPod Touch the iPhone also replaces was snapped up by a friend immediately.

2.1 is out, which has many improvements over 2.0 and in general. Just wait a while.

2.1 is out, which has many improvements over 2.0 and in general. Just wait a while.[/quote]

Wait awhile for what?
To upgrade his software, or sell his phone?
I’m still on version 1.4.
I don’t want to lose all the apps I have on it.

[quote]Wait awhile for what?
To upgrade his software, or sell his phone?[/quote]
He wants to upgrade before selling, in which case he needs to wait for both if he goes to 2.1 and can hack it easily.

Just thinking that upgrading to 2.0 at this time will not increase value since it’s unstable and 2.1 is out already, but no point trying to sell a locked phone.

I have just used this tutorial (sleepers.net/news/ : “How to upgrade in itunes”) to upgrade my 2G from 2.0.2 to 2.1 incl. jailbreak and unlock. However, this tutorial works for any firmware-version, uses iTunes and is very straight forward, easy and has all necessary links.

tango42 - Unless you have already firmware 2.0.X and use Cydia, I am afraid there is no way to keep the old apps. If you have Cydia and 2.0.x then refer to the tutorial above.

Edgar Allen - For those looking for the caller ID fix, use Installer and add the repository iphone4.tw/unlock2/ . Than install the ID fix. (THANKS to “three”, he has already posted this in THIS thread).

Thanks.

Actually, I want to upgrade my 2G from 1.4 to 2.0 or better so my friend can use it and I want to help them add applications that they want.

I already have my 3G as delivered with 2.0 and will upgrade it accordingly.

All bought in US and hacked at Guanghua.

tango 42 - interesting. Did you watch the people unlock the phone? How did they do it: physically modify the SIM or did they actually hack the software?

Do you have Cydia or Installer now on your 3G?

2G first through SIM addition, then software when it became stable. Took them 1 hour and I watched them plug it in to computer, then I left and returned.

3G SIM addition thus far until software becomes more stable and mature, then might do the software, or just get the latest SIM addition. With the SIM, can undate iTunes no problem, but not the phone software from 2.0.

Have installer on 2G, not on 3G. No cydia on ether one.

Hello everyone, I am new at the whole ipod thing. I am planning on getting an ipod shuffle. I want to put music I already ripped to my computer on my ipod. Do I have to go buy music from itunes? Is there not a way to transfer songs from my computer to the ipod? How do I get songs on my ipod? Please help me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

lcd computer monitors

Aiii… if that is true than this is very bad news .

So far I always managed to stay away from their site because they didn’t take Taiwan issued credit cards.