2 Months Break Possible according to Labor Affairs?

Hi friends ,
I need one help!!

my husband & I both are working as an engineer in a taiwan based MNC company, I am working for 3 yrs, first I came here with dependent visa, after one year I got job and now I am in working visa. (valid up to 2013)Now my son is going to elementary school ,so for this transition, like new school, changing house, I plan to take 2 months break, in my office they have no problem, but they said they should ask labour affairs ,
now my question is is it possible to take 2 months break ?
anybody have this experience ,
please advice,

I can’t seem to find anything against this, but I think it would be wise to obtain written approval from your employer.