2014 Costco Thread

As per title

Plus the schedule for Lunar New Year, for those sadomasochists among you:

BTW, can someone suggest, aside from Costco’s chicken and the ribs, anything already prepared that is freezable and can be thawed during the coming holidays? Yes, there are restaurants open, but around my place I cannot see myself getting stuffed with Thai and teppanyaki only. It is 6 days only, but what else can make a satisfying meal?

vvvsn.shop.rakuten.tw/02010800/

Nice, but I am allergic to seafood. :frowning:

Any word on when the new location will open? Guandu, wasn’t it?

So I went Saturday Costco, surprisingly empty for coming Chinese New Year and suddenly thought, I didn’t buy for long time anymore the deep frozen Lasagna.
But in none of the deep freezers was it available.
When did Costco stop selling this?

Just had a peak outside at the Costcos in Nankan, Taoyuan.

Rooftop car park looks full but there is no lines to get into the carpark, in fact the area in front of Costcos looks pretty peaceful.

Not the carnage I was hoping to witness.

Mind you, maybe it’s the calm before the storm.

Big sale of Japanese diapers at Costco Neihu and Taoyuan, for those of you who have kids. Until sold out. Seems they are very popular.

Anyone else buy the Kirkland brand Organic Soymilk (boxed) from Costco? They have two varieties, a blue boxed Vanilla flavor and a purple boxed Regular. I just went and bought a box of Vanilla today, and only until after I got home did I realize ALL of the “Organic” words on the box had been crossed out with a permanent marker. Even the individual packaging on the inside had every single “Organic” marked through. What’s going on? Is it not officially “Organic” suddenly?! Are they afraid of lawsuits?
Strange…

[quote=“MiiT”]ALL of the “Organic” words on the box had been crossed out with a permanent marker. Even the individual packaging on the inside had every single “Organic” marked through. What’s going on? Is it not officially “Organic” suddenly?! Are they afraid of lawsuits?
Strange…[/quote]
I’ve noticed this with crushed tomatoes, Muir Glen brand, bought from Jason’s. Same thing: “organic” is crossed out in four different places across the label. That’s been the case for a year or two. I’ve assumed that’s because standards for “organic” differ in Taiwan and the United States, but maybe there’s another reason.

[quote=“MiiT”]Anyone else buy the Kirkland brand Organic Soymilk (boxed) from Costco? They have two varieties, a blue boxed Vanilla flavor and a purple boxed Regular. I just went and bought a box of Vanilla today, and only until after I got home did I realize ALL of the “Organic” words on the box had been crossed out with a permanent marker. Even the individual packaging on the inside had every single “Organic” marked through. What’s going on? Is it not officially “Organic” suddenly?! Are they afraid of lawsuits?
Strange…[/quote]

Well it just goes to show a label means nothing without understanding the details.

[quote=“lostinasia”][quote=“MiiT”]ALL of the “Organic” words on the box had been crossed out with a permanent marker. Even the individual packaging on the inside had every single “Organic” marked through. What’s going on? Is it not officially “Organic” suddenly?! Are they afraid of lawsuits?
Strange…[/quote]
I’ve noticed this with crushed tomatoes, Muir Glen brand, bought from Jason’s. Same thing: “organic” is crossed out in four different places across the label. That’s been the case for a year or two. I’ve assumed that’s because standards for “organic” differ in Taiwan and the United States, but maybe there’s another reason.[/quote]

Guys and gals, big favor: if anyone sees one of those organic clothes baby hamper sets, I’d be much obliged if you’d let me know which Costco still has them. Sold out in Neihu. :frowning: Urgently need one more -gonna be a triple auntie. Muchas gracias.

Looks like this:

I saw on Friday that the Zhonghe Costco is now selling peperoni pizza in the food court. I didn’t get a chance to try it, but it looks okay. I believe the combo pizza was replaced with this peperoni pizza.

Nice.

Has anyone seen the Kirkland Brand Natural Peanut Butter recently? If so, which store?

It disappeared from Neihu after a very brief reappearance a couple months back.

I’ve been told it’s gone for good. So sad.

They’ve previously told me they had none of a certain product on order, or no plans to reorder, only to later bring items back. What you can do is write a suggestion slip (or many) asking for an item, and perhaps they’ll reconsider. :idunno:

The pepperoni pizza is decent. I like the cheese pizza a little better, but you have to make sure they cook it properly.