2015 Costco Thread

[color=#0000FF]Mod’s note: this is a continuation of this thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop … 0#p1663793
[/color]

Don’t get me started on all the foods that I love that they eliminated over the course of time – and this year especially. Maybe they got in a new food purchasing manager who doesn’t understand what is important to us. Like, who in the world could think that processed Laughing Cow cheese is really cheese? Shelves loaded with that, though, while Havarti is no longer to be seen; likewise the Provolone. Grrrrrr.

There was Provolone at Costco Zhonghe. But yes, I was shocked at the dismal cheese display in Neihu. I mean, I went there especially to get sour cream and provolone. I came out with only cream cheese. No beans. No tomato soup. Must pace my rations or won’t have any for Chinese New year.

Can anyone confirm if any sour cream in Taoyuan?

Xizhi has a tiny amount of sour cream as of 6pm today. But no chicken stock, no croutons.

Carrefour and RT have some really nice imported croutons,

Carrefour and RT have some really nice imported croutons,[/quote]

Ah, thanks!

I’d love to see the bags of frozen trout fillets back. I’ve been missing them for a long time now. Getting tired of tilapia and salmon.

Taoyuan spot had frozen trout. tons of sour cream, havarti, guacamole tortilla chips, and apple pies which are so bomb

Do you folks in the north still get the salmon burger patties?

Anyone seen the Soy Milk that they used to sell in big boxes? I used to get it at the one in YongHe. Haven’t seen it in months…

Has anyone seen the McCormack Italian dressing?

Open during Chinese New Year:
Friday the 13th (February) until February 17: Open until 10:30pm
February 18: open from 9:00am until 6:00pm
From February 19: Normal Business, 10:00am until 9:30pm

I had Costco in Taichung recook a cheese pizza and serve it to me. Pretty disgusting. :raspberry: :fume: :thumbsdown:

Croutons and sour cream in Zhonghe, less than 15 tubs. Provolone almost out, 3 packs cream cheese only. :cry:

I have been on a quest to find chips and queso cheese dip. Seriously finding things in Taiwan is like being on the Amazing Race. I started at Sogo in Zhongli in the basement and only walked out with Herr’s cheese doodles. Then I hit Carrefour in Neili and walked out with some Old El Paso queso cheese dip but now I am without my chips. I am guessing they have them at Costco but I don’t know for sure.

BTW is the Costco microwave popcorn any good? The brand I got at Carrefour is terrible

Define chips. Costco has corn chips, quite salty IMO.

“BTW is the Costco microwave popcorn any good? The brand I got at Carrefour is terrible”
Dunno, but consider getting a hot air popper; the microwave ones have heart-clogging trans fats. Add a little XV olive oil and salt, and you have a delicious but healthy snack.

[quote=“just_chris”]I have been on a quest to find chips and queso cheese dip. Seriously finding things in Taiwan is like being on the Amazing Race. I started at Sogo in Zhongli in the basement and only walked out with Herr’s cheese doodles. Then I hit Carrefour in Neili and walked out with some Old El Paso queso cheese dip but now I am without my chips. I am guessing they have them at Costco but I don’t know for sure.

BTW is the Costco microwave popcorn any good? The brand I got at Carrefour is terrible[/quote]

Costco should have tortilla chips.

[quote=“nonredneck”][quote=“just_chris”]I have been on a quest to find chips and queso cheese dip. Seriously finding things in Taiwan is like being on the Amazing Race. I started at Sogo in Zhongli in the basement and only walked out with Herr’s cheese doodles. Then I hit Carrefour in Neili and walked out with some Old El Paso queso cheese dip but now I am without my chips. I am guessing they have them at Costco but I don’t know for sure.

BTW is the Costco microwave popcorn any good? The brand I got at Carrefour is terrible[/quote]

Costco should have tortilla chips.[/quote]

Not in Zhonghe this time, but there were alternatives. Not as big/tasty/cheap, but will do for the CNY holidays.

Costco Neihu didn’t have any tostido chips. So bummed. I was going to stock up for the Superbowl last week, but had to settle for lays. sad,

Tostido are easy to find in the bigger Wellcome. Or the restaurant type chips are available at Florida bakery.

CNY schedule