2015 Costco Thread

I’m so disappointed every time i go to Costco. I rarely go . When I go I find I buy less and less. Their veggie prices [most locally grown] are too high. I rather buy organic veggies at RT Mart[Nei -hu] at a more reasonable price. Most American products that I loved are gone. The bread is sold when it’s about to expire. Now I buy at a local bakery.No one complains??? We pay so much for the membership fee with how many benefits??? Their chicken is from America----Well so is RT Mart’s, as well as I Mai"s and Care Four’s. In fact, if you buy in quantity the other stores will give you a big discount[talk to the staff] I’m a vegetarian but must buy chicken for the street animals. Cheese, sour cream,spices, soda water, brillo,–the list goes on–are difficult to find.People walk around the store as if it’s a day out----content with whatever is there??? I wanted to buy a stainless steel rice maker----the price at Costco was higher than the local discount marts . How many times have I complained-----How many times have I begged them To order large bottles of seltzer. If you really need a specific idem -you must ride around from Costco to Costco. I give up!!!

sour cream at neihu costco. 70 units or so.

Thank you for the news. I am running out my last gallon as we speak.

Just what is this forum’s obsession with sour cream anyway? What the heck do you do with gallons of that stuff?

cheap sour cream is hard to find. you can find it at Jason’s and city super, but it’s expensive. You can buy double the quantity at Costco for the same price as Jason’s.

But for what do you use it?
The only thing coming to my mind are baked potatoes

[quote=“tom1807”]But for what do you use it?
The only thing coming to my mind are baked potatoes[/quote]

tacos, nachos, Tex-Mex/Mexican food (fajitas/enchiladas), pie or cake topping, in pies or cakes as an ingredient

and the satanic rituals.

Rub it on your …

[quote=“tom1807”]But for what do you use it?
The only thing coming to my mind are baked potatoes[/quote]

Comfort food, slapped on bread - no tortillas here. In cooking, baking. Anything. See these guys are getting creative, but basically just:

If the other two salamis in the Daniele 3-packs are like the first one I opened, they’re really good.

Has anyone seen almond milk anymore in Costco?

Did a few weeks ago in Zhonghe.

Thanks.

Those free samples at Costco are feeding piranhas. Some line up, but when the samples are laid out, it’s a rush! Some guy in his 50’s pushed me from behind to grab a cracker, I shoved him back into a shopping cart. He looked at me like I did something wrong.

Has anyone seen the Kirkland craft beers recently? I’ve been to two different Costcos over the past couple of weeks and neither have them in stock. My Costco membership is up next month, if they’re really gone I don’t think I’ll bother to renew.

I thought I saw them at Neihu, but if not, just ask at the front counter if they have more on order. Should be, with beer season approaching.

I spoke to one of the managers on Sunday and she said they would have beer on April 8, so tomorrow. She also told me to call first.

Been on the lookout for that Kirkland micro beer also, it is delicious, I used to buy it three boxes at a time! It was actually being produced by Gordon Beirsch in California and sold under Costco’s house label of Kirkland. For the price and for being Taiwan it was amazing stuff! Haven’t seen it since early February (both in Jhonghe store or Taoyuan).

Was at the Taoyuan store on Wednesday the 8th, only thing new was “Le Ble d’Or” beer, sold as two pints in a pretty cool looking bag/holder deal. It was 369 and 399 depending on the variety (honey, lager, and the other two elude me). Tried the free sample (which goes against anything I believe in while shopping there) but it was late at night and was curious. It tastes just like the stuff they sell at the Le Ble d’Or restaurant that I have visited a few times at the Mega City Mall in Banciao. Its good beer, but it isn’t anywhere near as good at the variety case they had been selling.

The guy I talked to said it was a seasonal item and wouldn’t see it again until possibly next winter season. I sure hope that is not the case, if anyone sees it please post the location on here! I’m willing to drive anywhere on the island to buy more of it!

Damn. If the legendary Guandu Costco ever opens, my main reason to get membership was going to be that beer. As you say - it’s solid beer anyway, and for Taiwan, it’s bloody fantastic.

Do remember that with newer places like Beer and Cheese Social House and The Bottle Shop, and the stuff that Eddy’s Cantina now has on draft, it’s significantly easier to get North American-style microbrew stuff than it used to be. However, none of those offer quite the same kind of satisfaction as walking through one’s front door with the box o’ Kirkland/GB beer.