2015 Costco Thread

I’ve seen Taiwanese takes plates full of chopped onions meant for hot dogs, lots of napkins, spoons, forks but i saw something different last time I was in Costco. This old Taiwanese woman brought a bottle in and filled it up with ketchup near the food court. She just stood there for three or so minutes pumping the ketchup into her bottle.

I see people doing that all the time. Pisses me right off. I just want to smack them upside the head and shake them.

Yeah, a zip lock bags and they fill it up with ketchup, onions, mustard and even relish. Another guy took a plastic shopping bag and filled it up with ice. I thought he maybe wanted to keep his groceries cool, but nope. Just walked out. Cheap mofo.

I must admit I took about 30 paper plates from Costco. I used them to make animal face masks for a kids class. I think I would do it again. It was pretty exciting because you can’t really do this in a western country.

just wait until you end up on the Apple Daily while they ignore the hordes of Taiwanese that do the same thing.

This explains the lack of toilet paper everywhere in most places… even in modern office buildings.

Popped my head into the Yonghe Costco yesterday, still no beer, I think it’s gone :frowning:

I just got back from the Nankan location and picked up a case along with some ciabatta rolls.

Nankan…as in Taoyuan? AWESOME!!! You mean a case of the 'kirkland signature variety box" right…?

Let me know, because I’m going to head that way it that’s the case!

That’s the one tcarnagan

I saw the Kirkland craft beers in the Sijhih store last night.

Picked up six cases of the variety beer tonight. Should hold me for about a week… Gosh this is some good beer, really missed it the last few months. The lady asked if I had I resturaunt or something, bit of a shocked look when I said it was just for me.

They didn’t have them in Nangang when I was there, and I was up for 2 cases. You’d think for such a big selling item, they’d up the import amount and ditch the piles of Heineken & Bar.

Just back from Costco Neihu. I saw there were two small and rapidly fading piles of your beloved beer. Here:

Problem is, this big pile was in the aisle across from the organic rice. :eh: A few more were set in the Whisky aisle. :loco:

Zhonghe also has the craft beer. I didn’t see a really huge stack of it, but it’s there with the beer. The number of cases is probably as much as what Icon’s picture above shows.

Someone was asking about yellow American lemons. They have some at Neihu Costco. also California milk is back in stock.

No more sour cream? Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding.

reddit.com/r/taiwan/comments … our_cream/

This better be BS. I’m emailing them right now.

[quote=“aphasiac”]No more sour cream? Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding.

reddit.com/r/taiwan/comments … our_cream/[/quote]

That’s it. I am leaving this island.

I did not want to mention it but here it goes: last time I was in Costco, they had the sour cream at 47 NTD. I guessed expiration date must be the same week. Lo and behold, the date was… April 2015. Just like that. Being an addict I just took it. So far, so good.

The way things are going I am going to pretend that I am still a poor student on a scholarship and forego milk products and cable.

They didn’t have mayo when I went today in Taichung. It’s just getting not worth it to go.