2015 Costco Thread

Has anyone noticed a weber grill at Costco recently? I’m after this kind amazon.com/Weber-14401001-Or … eber+grill

18-22 inches. It doesn’t need to be this exact model, I’m just after the black egg shape.

[quote=“aphasiac”]No more sour cream? Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding.

reddit.com/r/taiwan/comments … our_cream/[/quote]

Buy sour cream from local bakery shops. It’s far far better quality, from Germany. 300nt for 1L very thick sour cream tastes wayyyyyyyy better.

Brand, pls?

[quote=“triceratopses”][quote=“aphasiac”]No more sour cream? Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding.

reddit.com/r/taiwan/comments … our_cream/[/quote]

Buy sour cream from local bakery shops. It’s far far better quality, from Germany. 300nt for 1L very thick sour cream tastes wayyyyyyyy better.[/quote]
which bakery?

went to the costco in taoyuan yesterday and asked about sour cream. The lady said they should have it in the middle of May.

Costco Tainan selling Mt. Gay Black Barrel rum. Decent light rum that nobody could dislike, and this stuff is a new released higher end blend, a step-up from their regular Eclipse.

Think it was about TWD750 for a 700ml bottle. Worth looking out for.

sour cream is back

saw organic southwestern black bean soup at neihu Costco. looks like they got a full crate in.

RANT: Getting beyond frustrated with Costco.

Their Chicken Stock has been out of stock for months, and today they told me it is now a “deleted” item.
Same with the Frozen Blueberries, haven’t seen any for nearly 6 months (only raspberries) and I was told this is now also a “deleted” item.

I was already pissed off when they stopped selling the Canadian Maple bacon and replaced it with that local shit, and it is just getting worse.

Uh oh. That was the #2 or #3 reason (after beer and cheese, I guess) I was looking forward to Costco’s Guandu arrival.

On the vaguely plus side, at least now frozen blueberries are fairly easy to find in the organic stores. At a price. But for a while there Costco was the only place to get frozen blueberries.

I just came back from Costco xizhi, and whilst there asked again (yesterday i called), and was told the chicken stock is not deleted, and is expected July 12, apparently the frozen blueberries are also on their way, no date.

Both times i used the product code to enquire.

[quote=“John”]RANT: Getting beyond frustrated with Costco.

Their Chicken Stock has been out of stock for months, and today they told me it is now a “deleted” item.
Same with the Frozen Blueberries, haven’t seen any for nearly 6 months (only raspberries) and I was told this is now also a “deleted” item.

I was already pissed off when they stopped selling the Canadian Maple bacon and replaced it with that local shit, and it is just getting worse.[/quote]

Zhonghe Costco had lots of frozen blueberries a week or so ago.

Guys and gals:

great offer on blue cheese: only 65 NTD for 681 grams. The catch? Expires on the 15th. However, it is so delicious I think it will expire a lot sooner.

Same with sour cream: not even a 100 NTD for each tub.

Saw almond butter.

Rocket is sure there’s a reason why you guys don’t just buy fresh blueberries from the market, Rocket just doesn’t know what that might be?

Didn’t know they.could be bought fresh at the market. Where? All year round?

I haven’t seen them at the market (very large) that I go to. Frozen blueberries are almost as good as ice cream.

Available only sporadically and at a few locations, expensive, you need to finish them off quickly unless you freeze them (so why not buy frozen?), and most importantly, last time I bought a package, half of them were slimy mush balls rather than blueberry goodness.

Fresh from the farm and driven home, fresh blueberries are delicious. Shipped from Chile, not so delicious.

Frozen blueberries at neihu costco yesterday

I will upload a pic and details for real sour cream. You will fucking love me for it. You buy it from local wholesale bakery shops… this is where all the various local bakers get their ingredients to make cakes n stuff each day

Anyone seen the Kirkland variety box of beer anywhere?

Speaking of beer, what are the options of alcohol available at Costco? I’m looking for the largest box of 12oz glass bottles of beer available. (Corona/Taiwan Beer)