2016 Costco Thread

Anyone with experience with going to Costco during the CNYs? I’m pretty sure today and tomorrow will be extra crazy, but what about the days after new years? Same amount of foot traffic or a bit less?

Same question here.

As the price of sour cream has gone up so drastically, could you all keep an eye out and post if you see the low, close-to-expiration-date prices that sometimes pop up? I’d be grateful, thanks.

Has it gone up higher again? Or is it still at $339 as last reported?

Has it gone up higher again? Or is it still at $339 as last reported?[/quote]

I believe it’s still $339, but apparently they’re currently out of stock, at least at the branch my friend shops at.

I believe it’s still $339, but apparently they’re currently out of stock, at least at the branch my friend shops at.[/quote]

Just check Neihu Costco yesterday, it’s in stock at $339.

I believe it’s still $339, but apparently they’re currently out of stock, at least at the branch my friend shops at.[/quote]

Just check Neihu Costco yesterday, it’s in stock at $339.[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll tell my friend, in case she wants to drive there for it. She has a restaurant and gets really frustrated when they don’t have it in stock.

Also Shijhih had it last night in stock, but didn’t pay attention to the price

anyone know when Beitou Costco will open?

I saw people in the 細說淡水 FB group saying it’s now supposed to be in April.

Yes, April 9, says the Apple Daily, but Costco are more careful and say it’s not 100% certain.
appledaily.com.tw/realtimene … B%E5%B9%95

And Now for Something Completely Different
The Turkey Sandwich is back under a new name: Chicken(!) Sandwich.
Still same deal and taste for 99NTD with drink

[quote=“tom1807”]And Now for Something Completely Different
The Turkey Sandwich is back under a new name: Chicken(!) Sandwich.
Still same deal and taste for 99NTD with drink[/quote]

Meanings same pesto sauce/cheese combo? That sounds suspicious. :saywhat:

Did Costco not pay enough to some government official?

DOT: Parking Queue No Longer Tolerated for Roads Surrounding Neihu Costco

english.gov.taipei/ct.asp?xItem= … &mp=100002

To tackle traffic congestion issue for roads in the vicinity of Costco Neihu Store, the Department of Transportation (DOT) invited related agencies and representatives from businesses to work on possible solutions on March 7.

Based on principles established by the Road Traffic Safety Meetings in recent years regarding traffic maintenance plans, businesses and department stores are no longer allowed to let car queues waiting for empty space take up lanes on surrounding roadways when the respective store parking lots are full.

It is now mandatory for businesses owners to hire traffic management personnel to inform drivers about the new directive and/or guide vehicles to other parking lots. The Police Department will also forcefully remove queued vehicles to ensure the rights of other road users.

Starting March 12, DOT will remove the traffic cones lining the outer lanes on Jiuzong Road and Minquan E. Road. Traffic police will crack down on vehicles queuing up for parking spaces inside the parking lot of Costco, and violators will be prosecuted.

Signs warning drivers not to wait in line for parking inside Costco will be posted at carpark entrances of malls and big-box retailers in the vicinity. Drivers are reminded not to queue up on public roads and encouraged to look for parking spaces at other parking lots in the area.

[quote=“nonredneck”]Did Costco not pay enough to some government official?

DOT: Parking Queue No Longer Tolerated for Roads Surrounding Neihu Costco

english.gov.taipei/ct.asp?xItem= … &mp=100002

To tackle traffic congestion issue for roads in the vicinity of Costco Neihu Store, the Department of Transportation (DOT) invited related agencies and representatives from businesses to work on possible solutions on March 7.

Based on principles established by the Road Traffic Safety Meetings in recent years regarding traffic maintenance plans, businesses and department stores are no longer allowed to let car queues waiting for empty space take up lanes on surrounding roadways when the respective store parking lots are full.

It is now mandatory for businesses owners to hire traffic management personnel to inform drivers about the new directive and/or guide vehicles to other parking lots. The Police Department will also forcefully remove queued vehicles to ensure the rights of other road users.

Starting March 12, DOT will remove the traffic cones lining the outer lanes on Jiuzong Road and Minquan E. Road. Traffic police will crack down on vehicles queuing up for parking spaces inside the parking lot of Costco, and violators will be prosecuted.

Signs warning drivers not to wait in line for parking inside Costco will be posted at carpark entrances of malls and big-box retailers in the vicinity. Drivers are reminded not to queue up on public roads and encouraged to look for parking spaces at other parking lots in the area.[/quote]

That’s funny. Of course the civil planners allowed them to build a costco in this location with no supporting infrastructure. So it’s like trying to remedy a problem that they already know would happen after the fact. Typical taiwan.

Also, no more greek yogurt at Hsinchu costco. Instead replaced with 18 different varities of yogurt drink instead. Because that’s what this madafacking island loves.

Well, that’s gonna be fun to watch. :popcorn:

They should really do something about the parking/waiting for passengers in the far right lane after you pass the vehicle entrance. There’s a queue of taxi and passengers just parked there waiting and sometimes it’s double park.

Has anyone parked at the Leeco outlet next door and walked over?

To be honest, I still can’t believe that all of the parking spots at Costco are filled with customers. People are leaving their cars there, or taking them daily, or nay other “clever” pull. The ratio of cars versus people inside, unless it is a weekend/holiday, does not match.

As to the so called “solution” of just removing people in line, oh boy, “fun” it will be. Even “better” is the suggestion of people parking outside of Costco, which will result in more accidents as people drag their shopping carts across the roads and parking lots and leave them elsewhere, wherever. I see that all the time with Carrefour carts in Xindian, which, BTW, have this nasty stop in the bottom that supposedly makes it very dificult to perform such a feat. Oh boy.

Yup. It’s easy to walk over from the RTMart or Leeco and vice versa. But usually I just go at times (e.g. at opening time on weekdays) when it’s not so crowded, or I just avoid Neihu and go to the Xizhi branch, which is not at all crowded on weekdays. Avoid Xizhi after 4pm-ish, though, as traffic in the area starts getting ugly after around 4:30. :2cents:

BTW Xizhi had Spanish manchego this week.

Yep, I either go to Xizhi or if forced to Neihu will park opposite Decathlon. I really don’t understand why Costco don’t either restrict parking to members only or use some sort of paid/buy something free parking to get rid of the parking vultures. I was in Hsinchu Costco last week and it was almost a pleasant experience!