2016 Costco Thread

What? :s :ponder:

Not often is it like that.

Hsinchu costco is great if you go and leave M-F before 5:30p, Sat-Sun from 10am-11am. All other times are shtshows.

What? :s :ponder:[/quote]

Me no Native speaker.

The wheels have/had a ā€œstopā€, like a vise at the bottom, so you wonā€™t be able to carry them away so easily.

What? :s :ponder:[/quote]

Me no Native speaker.

The wheels have/had a ā€œstopā€, like a vise at the bottom, so you wonā€™t be able to carry them away so easily.[/quote]

I imagine (but could be wrong) that you have misunderstood the nature of the ā€˜stopā€™ at the bottom of the carts. To the best of my knowledge, the ā€˜stopā€™ functions to lock the wheels when they are on an escalator such as you find at big box stores. It does nothing to prevent you from rolling the cart from here to Timbuktu. The $10 NT fee to unlock carts at some locations such as Mayfull is supposedly incentive to return the cart to the queue.

Wonā€™t preventā€¦ but makes it very noisy and clumbersome. It is no easy rolling down the hillā€¦

And I have seen PX Mart carts -which also have the fee- hauled way, way far from store locations. Must take a picture. Really hillarious.

picture probably not necessary, because it happens in the US too.
would is most necessary is if anyone has seen greek yogurt anymore?!?!

[quote=ā€œBoredfastā€]picture probably not necessary, because it happens in the US too.
would is most necessary is if anyone has seen greek yogurt anymore?!?![/quote]

makegreekyogurt.com/

I was at the Neihu Costco today, and they had tons of Greek yogurt.

Thanks~! Sadly Iā€™m not gonna go all the way to neihu but good to know they are still bringing it inā€¦

[quote=ā€œtom1807ā€]And Now for Something Completely Different
The Turkey Sandwich is back under a new name: Chicken(!) Sandwich.
Still same deal and taste for 99NTD with drink[/quote]

Indeed, can confirm that the chicken sandwich shares a resemblence with the now defunct turkey sandwich. It is, however, of a much rubbery texture and in general less satisfactory taste, IMHO.

Now, allow me a rant. Dunno if it belongs here or in the traffic thread or if it deserves a separate entrey. here it goes:

To the hijos de ya sabes quien who were, I presume, ā€œtestingā€ their model remote control car by DRIVING it in the first floor of the indoor PARKING lot in Neihu at NOON: you have confirmed my prejudice against Hummer drivers being selfish &^%$#@

I mean, the least that could happen is that your precious new toy is to be run over, resulting I guess in your throwing a toddler temper tandrum and possible lawsuit, not to mention that someone may get into an accident trying to avoid it if they happen to see the thing. I am not going to argue if you are too old for such a thing as remote control car, that is a comon practice here, and that is none of my business/not the point but I am seriously concerned when someone who obviously has been entrusted by someone else with such an amount of cash as to buy the small toy and bigger toy has the level of maturity and reasoning -as demostrated by your selfishness in DOUBLE parking above mentioned Hummer AND palā€™s car in a tight corner and playing with your toy in a crowded place- of a very spoiled 2 year old or less. With due apologies to 2 year olds.

Summary: exit from Costco parking was blocked by two cars double parked and their drivers playing with a remote control car in the indors parking lot.

The pulled pork sammy is pretty good considering the cost and relative ease of me ordering it, since hsinchu has nothing of the sort.
Bulgogi bake is also a hit with me, since they also have it in the US Costco in southern california.
Had the turkey sandwich onceā€¦ I never enjoyed it. I should give it a go next time around!

BTW greek yogurt is back :smiley: im a happy camper.

So a group of idiots were driving remote control cars in the parking lot?? You should have crushed those cars, just pretend youā€™re in Mario Kart and you hit the lightning item box.

Problem then would be those idiots playing victim/suing our asses. They must have plenty of resources to drive a Hummer so carelessly. The stupidity is really dissapointing for the hopes in the future generationsā€¦

What? No JIF or Skippy? I used to pick up a double container every few months. Where are they?
Iā€™m thinking of taking a chance on the Natural Kirkland peanut butter. Itā€™s supposedly healthier.
Iā€™m not sure how long that can stay once opened or if my kids will like it? We donā€™t consume that much? Also having to mix the oil looks like a chore. I think my kids may make it topple over while mixing causing a mess.
Any thoughts?

Natural peanut butter has to be refrigerated. If you mix it up the first time and stick it in the fridge, the oil wonā€™t separate. It last forever. I have a jar in my fridge thatā€™s been there at least a year, still fine.

So Tamsui Costo has come up with a solution to the traffic problem: they will charge parking fee. If you buy over 500 ntd, then you have 2 hours free parking. If not, you pay 100 ntd per hour.

Please note nearby parking lots -so many- charge 50 ntd an hour and 350 a day average.

Good business for all.

About time, wish they would introduce it at all Costcoā€™s. At the minimum it means that it should only be members who park. The charge is pretty much nonsensical for members as you can just buy something at random and then return it after claiming your free parkingā€¦

Iā€™ve been enjoying the pictures people are posting here about conditions at the newly opened Costco: facebook.com/groups/366934660044326/

I donā€™t plan on visiting that place for at least a month! Let the insanity die down.