2020 USA Presidential Elections Latest

First she needs to write:“The Art of Calling Everyone a Racist”, then she’ll be on the right track.

More like the anti-Obama, the Democrat Trump 2.0 for 2020. If Joe’ll pop the question, that is. :grin:

Who would Joe rather sniff? This is the key question.

1 Like

Iran’s shift, which has not been announced or explained publicly, appears to be tactical, analysts said, noting that the country still vehemently opposes the Trump administration’s demand that it renegotiate its nuclear agreement with the West and that it has not backed off its goal of ousting the United States military from the Middle East. Publicly, both countries remain engaged in verbal warfare.

But the recent signs of de-escalation have been significant:

■ After months of hit-and-run attacks on American forces in Iraq that pushed the United States and Iran to the brink of war in January, Iran has called off its proxy militias and the attacks have largely ceased.

■ When Iraq’s Parliament chose an American-backed prime minister this month, Iran, which has been instrumental in choosing previous Iraqi governments, ultimately acceded to the choice and helped put him in office.

■ In April, Iran reached out to the United States to open negotiations for a prisoner swap, offering to release a United States Navy veteran held by Iran in exchange for an Iranian-American doctor detained by the Americans.

■ Attacks on merchant ships and tankers in the Persian Gulf that threatened one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes for much of last year have been ratcheted down, although not entirely ended.

Diplomats, Iraqi and Iranian officials and analysts cite a combination of reasons for the change, including a fear of war with the United States. They also note that Iran is overextended — fighting a coronavirus epidemic, a tanking economy and public unrest at home — and needs to retrench.

The Trump administration credits its “maximum pressure campaign” against Iran, including sanctions and military threats, for forcing the country to rethink its strategy.

“Pressure works,” Brian Hook, the State Department’s special representative for Iran policy, said Tuesday. “For over three years we have contained and countered Iran through deterrence and diplomacy. The regime is also broke because of our sanctions. Iran’s leaders today face a choice: either negotiate with President Trump or manage economic collapse.”

The attacks in the Persian Gulf dropped off, the Americans point out, after Mr. Trump ordered the Navy to sink any Iranian vessels harassing American ships. On Tuesday, the Navy warned boats not to come within 100 meters of an American naval vessel in international waters.

At the same time, despite the all-or-nothing statements, the United States has engaged with Iran indirectly.

And speaking of Trump’s foreign err diplomacy efforts…how about mothballing an antiquated freebie flyover deal with Russia?

Another gift to Russia! Trump’s on a roll!

President Donald Trump launched a Twitter tirade against Fox News on Thursday — the second one this week — accusing the network of “doing nothing to help Republicans” and himself get reelected in November.

Those not helping Trump are just “the MSM”

1 Like

Not welcome in Michigan, a swing state.

Maybe we could take that wall money and fix this instead

What? Philadelphia?! C’mon, man. We ALL know Democrats would never, ever stuff the ballot box. :grin:

1 Like

Hey, stop trying to unmask the DNC’s main strategy for this November!

2 posts were split to a new topic: From 2020 USA Presidential Election

Looks like President Falwell is getting vexed

Sounds like Sessions has some tea to spill.

2 Likes

Sessions is trailing his opponent by 20 points, stick a fork in Sessions.

Interesting. I was riding the bus in Austin in April, and the North-South express busses (801 & 803) stopped at several places where two or three (I suspect new) city employees in neon yellow hazard vests would clean every hand-hold on the bus pretty thoroughly.

The floors of Metro busses were pretty clean, too, although that may have been due to low ridership.

Biggest issue I ran into with Austin Metro busses was the usual mental-health cases. Passive-aggressive requests for cash, etc. I had several memorable encounters that way, but I really can’t complain about Austin’s efforts to make their busses as clean as possible. Was very impressed, frankly.

Yeah, if he can manage to keep his mouth shut and let Trump do the talking he’s probably got it in the bag. Knowing Uncle Joe, that’s asking a lot.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/05/22/biden_ad_when_coronavirus_came_trump_froze_like_a_deer_in_the_headlights.html

Meh.

1 Like

“Panicked and failed to act” -> he wanted to setup and early block to flights from china and was labeled a racist for doing so. I prefer Biden when he goes on livestreams, far more entertaining.

2 Likes

801/803 are premium (at least until 2016) buses that gets more attention because they are the flagship bus. It had fewer stops and if you lived along that route and happened to be going somewhere along that route it can be faster than cars. But what sucked was the fact that other buses ran once every 30 minutes (only few obscure buses run that little in Taiwan) and the non MetroRapid buses are disgusting sometimes, particularly if someone just spilled their 2 liter big gulp. Supposedly in 2018 they improved this, not sure how.

But good luck sleeping in 801 if you’re going a ways because N/S Lamar hadn’t been resurfaced for 10 years so riding the bus felt like riding a horse cart on dirt roads. Even though the bus has very good suspension, they can only do so much if the road is in bad condition.

Seems like dems are finally learning how to run political ads (maybe from watching Lincoln Project stuff?). For a long time their messaging was way too convoluted and unfocused. But ads like this are inescapable and impossible to counter, in my opinion.

A lot of people seem to think the Trump base of 35% or whatever is not movable, maybe 25-30% of it isn’t, I think there’s still room to whittle at if you pound with these kinds of ads.