2023 WanAn air raid drill (IMPORTANT!)

Source

18 Likes

FT: Taiwan plans massive safety drill to practise for possible China attack

Police and civil defence officials will lead everyone who is on the streets at the time of the drill into bomb shelters, the defence ministry said on Tuesday.

24-27 July 2023

Thanks for the heads-up.

1 Like

A drill in Mayor Chiang’s honor?

1 Like

Seems there will be extended extra half hour of emergency drills in certain counties/cities.

Of note Taipei City 's Neihu, New Taipei 's Tamsui

1 Like

Plan in advance when out and about on those days.

2 Likes
  • July 24: Greater Taipei, Taoyuan, and Hsinchu cities; Yilan and Hsinchu counties
  • July 25: Tainan, Kaohsiung, and Pingtung counties
  • July 26: Hualien, Taitung, Penghu, Kinmen, and Lienchiang counties
  • July 27: Taichung and Chiayi cities; Miaoli, Changhua, Nantou, Yunlin, and Chiayi counties

The annual Wan An air-raid drills will occur in these locations 13:30-14:00 on these dates.

2 Likes

Back late from lunch?

“Sorry boss, air raid drill”.

2 Likes

To all the people who were left locked outside last year like the cat in those Flintstones cartoons: please don’t repeat performance this year too.

Don’t even try ordering UBER/Panda.

I live in one of those areas. This is the notice posted in my building, but I still don’t understand what’s going to happen during that extra 30 minutes.

1 Like

Looks like the usual fire drills etc. and also practicing utilization of air raid shelters, which is part of the drill this year.

1 Like

Please turn off the lights, pull the curtains and follow the designated leader/lizhang/police/volunteer to the basement and stay there for the duration of the exercise.

There will also be s first aid drill.

Text here ( machine translate):

12 Years Military-civilian Joint Air Defense of Taoyuan City
13:30
Wan’an 46 exercise
14:30
/twenty four
13:30 Alert issued

two
(2) After the exercise alarm is issued, all vehicles and vehicles will be kept secret
guide, enter the nearest air defense shelter
14:00
Alert lifted
(1) During the exercise, all public and private air defense refuge facilities should be immediately opened to the public.
Agree to accept the constitution, police and civil defense personnel
According to the terrain and features, it can be effectively covered.
parking, people
Evacuation
(3) All public and private factories and companies in the exercise area operate as usual, and other companies
Businesses, venues, schools, factories and other personnel activity places (including
If you live at home), you should close the doors and windows, turn off the indoor power supply and audio, and control people
personnel in and out.
Each city
District drill
(4) Trains of high-speed rail, Taiwan Railway, and MRT, vehicles on national highways, and domestic airports
, Machines and ships berthing at the port will continue to drive, take off and land, berth and leave, but disembark (
Aircraft, ship) passengers, pick up relatives and friends, and vehicles with off-road vehicles, should accept the Constitution,
The police and civil defense personnel guided the implementation of evacuation.
14:00
14:30
(5) During the exercise, if there is a real air attack situation, stop the exercise immediately, and release it according to the regulations
alarm.
(6) Other necessary control matters.
-) Disaster rescue drill
2) Wartime disaster relief
Ji station opening drill
national defense
Rehearsal in Taoyuan District
Ready to go
Taiwan society
333-1587,

1 Like

Really? How about the refrigerator and freezer? No audio?

There will be a tickling competition in the nearest basement. Attendance mandatory. Clothing optional.

3 Likes

In Ximenting, pick preferred side of street in advance (if u know, u know).

1 Like

Haha I think you’ll be fine to leave them on, just don’t go outside

I’m concerned my hearing aids will attract heat seeking missiles.

Make sure to disable your pacemaker to avoid communication disruptions

Touche!