2023 WanAn air raid drill (IMPORTANT!)

It started! Everyone turn of power, gas and water! Run down to the basement! :scream: :partying_face:

1 Like

Sirens sure are louder this year.

(Exercise - Wan’an Exercise Air Defense Alert] North
Regional air defense warning drill, vehicles please slow down
Stop, and the people follow the guidance to evacuate to the nearest shelter.
Location reference URL: https:/ ladr.npa
.gov.tw/map [WanAn Exercise|Air
raid alert drill. air raid alert drill
(MND): 02-27355979 Air Defense Evacuation Contact
National Police Agency (NPA): 02-29349940.

2 Likes

It’s going to be a traffic mess later on. Not fun to be a Panda or Uber delivery guy now, or having ordered food, it’ll be cold or molten/melted if on ice.

1 Like

Quick, run and beat the queue at Din Tai Feng!

3 Likes

Don’t forget, lights off … oh, wait it’s day, no one in Taiwan turns on the lights in the middle of the day! :thinking:

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: AI Image Generators (Craiyon, DALL E, Midjourney, Stable Diffusion)

Traffic all halted outside my Taipei apartment. There’s a cop stationed at the intersection stopping cars. He, thankfully, found a spot of shade to stand in. No foot traffic. I don’t see anybody heading off to shelters. I think most people knew to stay inside.

Nice and quiet out there. Should have these things more often.

UberEats and FoodPanda are currently suspended. Seems reasonable. But I’m really hungry now. :confused:

Peaceful, feels like Will Smith in I Am Legend (this is a joke)

Not working so I decided to watch it this time and it’s so boring. Not sure why I expected anything interesting to happen. Just military police driving around. Would have been better to just enjoy the peace and quiet.

Darn Chinese!

1 Like

Cop just gave the all clear and the siren blew. Traffic moving again.

Did anyone actually go to an evacuation shelter?

I looked up my nearest one, and it’s an elementary school. No thanks, I’d rather get bombed.

1 Like

I was wondering if there really was any such thing and was toying with the idea of mooching about on the street to see if I’d be taken to one. Then I thought, nah.

I’m glad I didn’t bother.

1 Like

Could we get these weekly please? The peace and quiet is heavenly.
Although you can still hear house noises (water tanks and those noisy stuff on the roofs of houses) workmen and birds, eliminating the sound of traffic alone makes all the difference in the world.

I support a switch to all electric vehicles for this reason alone.

3 Likes

They could extend the duration let’s say from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM

2 Likes

Is that closer to you than the pedestrian tunnel under the mountain?

Yes, but tunnel isn’t being used as a shelter.

Well, if the bombs start falling whichever is closer, right?

I say this everytime a drill happens. No need to practice staying off the streets during peaceful periods. Once there is a real threat people will be down in basements before you know it.

They should instead educate people about how to behave properly on the road and on construction sites.