2023 WanAn air raid drill (IMPORTANT!)

Someone actually got fined for not sheltering yesterday. I wonder what his motives were.

He was sitting around in an outdoor parking lot, so it’s not like he was in a hurry to go anywhere.

1 Like

The irony being that the police weren’t sheltered either.

Ahhh victimless crimes…

If the cops actually drove around like this during an actual air strike, they’d all be dead.

I guess they’re practicing what not to do.

This is their job during an attack, they need to keep the streets clear so emergency services can get to any bombed building and military can move around to shoot down as much as they can.

1 Like

personally, I’d love to find a park where I could hide and just enjoy a smoke n a beer in the pure silence of the air raid drill. I won’t, because I don’t want to get taken up the rear by a fine, but still. I’ll probably enjoy it on my balcony instead :smiley: 30 min of peace sounds heavenly~

Just to be clear, as long as we stay inside our apts, there’s nothing else really to do or? Or are we supposed to wait on F1 of the building and wait for the people to come by and take us off to shelterland?

1 Like

I enjoyed it from my rooftop yesterday. Then it got too hot after five minutes.

Staying in your apartment is fine. I think the shelters are meant for people who happen to be walking around outside when the sirens go off.

1 Like

Cool hoped so because most of the ‘shelters’ just happen to be basements. Not sure that earthquake proofing is the same as bomb proofing. More importantly at the moment, I’m not sure they’re air conditioned :smiley:

1 Like

If anyone wondered why no sirens were heard in Taichung today:

2 Likes

I could see a guy sheltering under a tree from my window the whole time.

1 Like

From my window I saw a guy sitting on the curb across the street, eating a box lunch. He was technically sheltered because there was an awning over him.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Air Raid Alert - Missile Flyover - Not a Drill