30 minutes of pain

I went for a “massage” yesterday with hopes of a relaxing experience. (no not the dirty kind) WOW, that’s not a massage man. He takes me into his “office” first to reassure me of his quaifications, so he reaches down and grabs a plastic bag from under the sofa (smoke in hand and the second in as many minutes)and proceeds to pull out some old books while saying “chiropractor plus”. I guess this is what he calls his treatments as I heard it several more times. At this point I’m trying not to laugh at the guy. Tried to explain that I dislocated my shoulder before and thought that he was going to dislocate it again and he said “chiropractor plus”. What’s up with the driving the elbow into the back technique :help: , all pain and no gain, I’m sure of it. So I’m clenching my fists, the table :astonished: , swearing and reminding him to chill out, he continues with this shit. He even tried to bend my arm the other way across his knee :loco:. Wanted to give him a kick in the balls. The finale, a barrage of punches and bitch slaps to my back and neck.

I always laugh when these guys say “Wow! Your muscles are so tense!” Well, yes indeed, I tend to tense up when someone is causing me severe pain!!

If you want a relaxing massage, go to Thailand!

In TongHua night market there are two massage stores… actually the same store but two buildings. They have great relaxing deep tissue massages. Cheapest is 500 for upper body.
I love this place.

in taichung,across the lane from “smooth” (5-7, Lane 50, JingCheng Road)

there is a nice place to get massages from very professional thai masseuse.

2hours for 1500NT

[quote=“SuchAFob”]In TongHua night market there are two massage stores… actually the same store but two buildings. They have great relaxing deep tissue massages. Cheapest is 500 for upper body.
I love this place.[/quote]

500nt for how long?

Real deep tissue massage by trained people who understand where the muscles are and how to treat them?

The kind of massage where you float out instead of walking out?.

Masseurs who don’t just pinch bone and skin together to cause pain seem too hard to find down south.

I got pretty obsessed with the massage rituals here since a few months. No week goes by without spening a few 100’s for relaxation (even if it hurts first, you feel relaxed afterwards)
Tried at least 10 different places for body and feet massage and must say that quality is pretty similar to the thai 'sport" massage in most of the places.
Though, the blind people massages are more accurate. They are trained to “feel” while totaly concentrated which muscles need special attention.
What scares me still and did not tried is the back massage when they use that plastic piece to circulate your blood. Saw a girl yesterday who experienced it and for sure she will be unable to sleep on her back for a week now. Must be blue yellow all over. Looked like she was tortured. Spooky…
but, for all massages, no pain… no gain. otherwise go to a SPA you sissys… hehe

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“SuchAFob”]In TongHua night market there are two massage stores… actually the same store but two buildings. They have great relaxing deep tissue massages. Cheapest is 500 for upper body.
I love this place.[/quote]

500nt for how long?

Real deep tissue massage by trained people who understand where the muscles are and how to treat them?

The kind of massage where you float out instead of walking out?.

Masseurs who don’t just pinch bone and skin together to cause pain seem too hard to find down south.[/quote]
30 , minutes I think. I don’t know what they are trained in, I didn’t ask. I floated out, yes.

I’m surprised to learn that some of you have enjoyed massage in Taiwan. I’ve had three or four massages at various places and all were as the OP described. The last time I went in for a bad back and the guy drove his elbow in so hard that I stifled my grimaces and was glad my face was buried in the hole in the massage table, because I didn’t want him to get the satisfaction of knowing he was causing me pain. Strange way to act during a massage, but I thought that’s how they always worked here: a power trip between a masochistic masseuse and sadistic client. I didn’t know one could get a real massage here and I’ve been disinclined to look further for one.

I go to a great massage place on Yanji St. It costs about 800 per hour and is just like what I’d get regularly back home when I lived with the girl who has this massage business in Sydney. naturaltherapypages.com.au/therapist/1995

How would you best sell/market the ‘go get a good massage’ concept to a guy who hasn’t really been that interested in the idea to this point, but would be willing to give it a go?

I might be that guy.

[quote=“dablindfrog”]in taichung,across the lane from “smooth” (5-7, Lane 50, JingCheng Road)

there is a nice place to get massages from very professional Thai masseuse.

2hours for 1500NT[/quote]

I’ll second that (if I’m thinking of the same place). I took my mum and her friend there… mum hated it but her friend and I loved it. It was a bit painful half-way through but I felt great for a month afterwards. The guys explained exactly what they were doing and why, which makes a nice change from dubiously vague mutterings about chi flow and deep muscle bullshitology.

[quote=“llary”][quote=“dablindfrog”]in taichung,across the lane from “smooth” (5-7, Lane 50, JingCheng Road)

I’ll second that (if I’m thinking of the same place). I took my mum and her friend there… mum hated it but her friend and I loved it. It was a bit painful half-way through but I felt great for a month afterwards. The guys explained exactly what they were doing and why, which makes a nice change from dubiously vague mutterings about chi flow and deep muscle bullshitology.[/quote]

as far as i’m aware,there’s only thai women working there,but i could be wrong.

there is another place near SOGO,opposit the far east tone shop on the 1st floor,and it’s pretty painfull too,but feels wonderfull for many days after…

(i’ve been meaning to make a post to ask if it’s supposed to be THAT painfull,but it really feel like floating afterwards :slight_smile:

[quote=“dablindfrog”][quote=“llary”][quote=“dablindfrog”]in taichung,across the lane from “smooth” (5-7, Lane 50, JingCheng Road)

I’ll second that (if I’m thinking of the same place). I took my mum and her friend there… mum hated it but her friend and I loved it. It was a bit painful half-way through but I felt great for a month afterwards. The guys explained exactly what they were doing and why, which makes a nice change from dubiously vague mutterings about chi flow and deep muscle bullshitology.[/quote]

as far as i’m aware,there’s only Thai women working there,but i could be wrong.

there is another place near SOGO,opposit the far east tone shop on the 1st floor,and it’s pretty painfull too,but feels wonderfull for many days after…

(i’ve been meaning to make a post to ask if it’s supposed to be THAT painfull,but it really feel like floating afterwards :slight_smile:[/quote]

Okay, I was thinking of the SOGO one… d’oh.

There are a dozen or so massage places on Fuxing S. Rd. between Zhongxiao and Bade, and another on Bade to the west of Fuxing. Several of these places have blind masseurs. In fact, there are four right next to each other on the southeast corner of Civic Blvd and Fuxing.

I live in this area! But I haven’t tried any, with the exception of the one place on Bade where I got a foot massage. Now that was pretty good!

Nothing beats the western massage with oil, soft music,relaxing fragrances and the appropriate amount of pressure. Thai massage is ok and I’ve tried the one in Taichung by smooth, but this style is less rubbing and more manipulation. This girl had me twisted up like a pretzel.

yah,definately,but at least she makes sure you’re not making gargoyls face from her inflicted pain

[quote=“Chris”]There are a dozen or so massage places on Fuxing S. Rd. between Zhongxiao and Bade, and another on Bade to the west of Fuxing. Several of these places have blind masseurs. In fact, there are four right next to each other on the southeast corner of Civic Blvd and Fuxing.

I live in this area! But I haven’t tried any, with the exception of the one place on Bade where I got a foot massage. Now that was pretty good![/quote]

My wife was interested in these places so she sent me to “test” the service. OUCH! Pain and more pain. And when it was not painful, it was tickling.

I didn’t enjoy the experience. But, who knows… I only went once and maybe other masseurs there do it differently.

Do not forget that a Thai massage is only appreciated when it hurts indeed. The Spa massage with oil, soft music migh tbi your dada,but then , let your GF take care of you at home… as a foreplay.
I got frequently to these places to decontract my muscles, and again, no pain, no gain.

neither forget the magic word if it hurts too much " I djen djen’ as a red face or crouching AOUW does not give the masseur any meaning hehe…

Is the Thai massage near smooth this one:

Thaimia Royal Thai Massage at 10, SanMin Rd, Sec 3? Been looking for a good massage place in Taichung, so wanted to try this one out.

Otherwise, can anyone give me the address of one in Chinese (makes it easier for my girlfriend to find it)?