39 bodies found in a truck [UK]

I suppose that I made the mistake of reading social media comments from people who want to have him hung.

This guy probably received a stack of cash to pick up a truck, drive it to a location and then walk away. The people who can secure that many Chinese passports and get people from VN to the UK probably have enough connections to never see a courtroom.

Yeah, ā€œpatsyā€ springs to mind.

No, they are in debt for over 39k, as interest rates on the money rise. They do not have that money, they sign to pay it, allegedly with the earnings of the person sent, over many years. That means someone on the family will have to leave too to try to pay, the debt will then be over 70kā€¦

According to reports the traffickers are refunding the money.

This seems a major issue to me. The traffickers have an incentive to get people into the UK by whatever means. In this case they failed to get the people in with false passports, so they resorted to the back of a lorry method.

1 Like

Itā€™s worked very well in the EU.
Not everybody agrees obviously but most European citizens are actually for open borders within the EU and EMEA. Thatā€™s a lot of people for open borders. 28 countries.

They arenā€™t for open borders beyond that zone , neither am I, for fairly obvious reasons.

Having global open borders is a fantastic idea but due to tue massive global population and modern transportation itā€™s just not a feasible idea to implement .

In the future we will probably have full telepresence and in that way we will , in most regards , hopefully , have open borders.

If all ā€˜open bordersā€™ are going to be selective, why do you consider it obvious to be selective only with European countries?

Yeah well thereā€™s degrees to these things. .You throw open the African border and half of Africa and a quarter of middle East wants to move in.

Thatā€™s just likeā€¦My uh ā€¦personal opinion man.

All conflicts arise from division.

Mainlanders are migrating to Hk freely now but it hasnā€™t been openly announced.

Liberalism, freedoms, rights, democracy and the rule of law!

Less ugly corruption and more decent governance!

Have you thought ugly corruption stems from the people they govern?

division naturally arises from diversity. Uniformed world?

1 Like

I hope that truck driver doesnā€™t turn out to be innocent in all this or thatā€™s just too sad.

I donā€™t think they will charge him so quickly if they didnā€™t have a lot of info on his activities.

1 Like

I donā€™t think he can be totally innocent. If he got paid just to deliver the truck from point A to point B he had to know nothing good was going on.

3 Likes

The driver is in court today, and it looks like they have been under investigation for a year

deleted

Also deleted

1 Like

Itā€™s going to be our secret :shushing_face:

1 Like