55 pax Orgy at Sea, 120 drug arrests in Kenting last weekend

I am surprised this hasn’t been posted here yet…

chinapost.com.tw/news/archiv … 106642.htm

[quote]The arrest of 22 young people at an orgy-at-sea Saturday raised the total number of people nabbed for drug use or selling to a record of 120 at the just concluded four-day Spring Scream musical festival in the area of Kenting National Park, Pingtung County, in southern Taiwan.

This year’s annual festival featuring pop music performance at 10 concerts drew tens of thousands of fans, mainly young people, was touted as the biggest ever since its launch by two Americans 13 years ago for musicians who needed a stage to show their talent and skills.

It also saw the largest number of participants arrested for using and peddling illicit drugs despite early warnings from law enforcement agents and the Pingtung County Government.

More than 600 police officers, aided by sniffer dogs and cutting-edge detecting equipment, were assigned to crack down on drug use and trading, said a senior police officer yesterday.

Not a single day went by without suspects being arrested for drug use, dealing, and possession during the four-day event, he said.

Those detained for investigation included 22 of 55 participants at a previously unheard of orgy staged on a boat at sea, according to the police.

Those attending the orgy, a gathering of unrestrained indulgence in alcohol, drug, and possibly sexual activities, included 28 women and 27 men aged under 30 from northern Taiwan.

They were mostly attracted by an advertisement on the organizers’ Web site. They collectively paid NT$59,000 to rent a boat that departed from Houpihu near Kenting at 4 p.m. last Friday and returned at 10 a.m. Saturday. Acting on a tip, police met the party-goers upon their return, at which time 22 of them tested positive for drugs.

The drugs confiscated at the four-day festival covered a wide variety of illegal products ranging from Ketamine, ecstasy pills, and Erinim pills to marijuana, police said.

Police conceded that many people using or possessing the drugs were able to get away because they met mostly at private houses rented from owners through earlier arrangements.

In order to stem the surge in drug abuse, the Ministry of Justice has kicked off this month a new anti-drug drive in cooperation with other government agencies like the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Education, and the Department of Health (DOH), the Council of Labor Affairs, and local city and county governments.

Chu Kun-mao, an official at the MOJ, noted that the Executive Yuan (Cabinet) has designated each of the three years from 2005 to 2008 as the “Anti-Drug Campaign Year” to demonstrate the government’s determination of waging a war against drug abuse.

Premier Su Tseng-chang also listed cracking down on illicit drugs a top priority among his overall anti-crime campaign.

The Cabinet allocated a fund of NT$57 million last year to assist local-level governments to set up drug hazards prevention and control centers around the island.

A thorough review of the operations of these centers will be carried out before the end of April in order to help them tackle problems they have encountered so as to lift the efficiency of their operations, Chu added.[/quote]

What are Erinim pills?

God, the youth of today have no style.

I’d really need to see the Orgy video(s) to accurately comment.

Orgy? Why wasn’t I invited?

Any foreigners busted? What a sweet slap in the face if it was all locals.

[quote=“Buttercup”]What are Erinim pills?

God, the youth of today have no style.[/quote]

erinim is a typo…

no idea what it means…

no canadians arrested, shows over, move along

surely some canadians were arrested? it would be a travesty of the natural order if there were none…

erinim is the trade name for nimetazepam, a long-acting benzodiazepine and a relative of valium. often chosen as a drug to ease the come-down from a long run on amphetamines (including ecstacy) it is also used as a drug of abuse in its own right. it is becoming a significant problem in SE asia including malaysia, singapore, and i guess taiwan.

though i have no experience with this particular benzo, if it is anything like valium (diazepam) it probably creates a state known as ‘paradoxical disinhibition’ when consumed with alcohol, a fairly enjoyable party high. without alcohol, or with a lot of alcohol, its sedative effects dominate, and the user is spaced out and mobile but often amnesiac, like with flunitrazepam (rohypnol). it is not dangerous (ie through ease of overdose, liver toxicity, etc) apart from its addiction potential, which is a little higher than for valium. many western countries have banned it from sale and the black market is supplied with asian-manufactured pharmaceutical material diverted or stolen.

Dope…yeah…its still illegal here… :unamused:

Thanks for the info. I’m not in with the kids anymore.

[quote]Those attending the orgy, a gathering of unrestrained indulgence in alcohol, drug, and possibly sexual activities, included 28 women and 27 men aged under 30 from northern Taiwan.

They were mostly attracted by an advertisement on the organizers’ Web site[/quote]

Did anyone see this website? Maybe we could use this advertising guru for the Happy Hour this thursday. :smiling_imp:

if it was an orgy, doesn’t that include sexual activity by definition? and with multiple partners? otherwise its just the same as any old friday night…

[quote=“urodacus”]surely some canadians were arrested? it would be a travesty of the natural order if there were none…

erinim is the trade name for nimetazepam, a long-acting benzodiazepine and a relative of valium. often chosen as a drug to ease the come-down from a long run on amphetamines (including ecstacy) it is also used as a drug of abuse in its own right. it is becoming a significant problem in SE asia including malaysia, singapore, and i guess taiwan.

though i have no experience with this particular benzo, if it is anything like valium (diazepam) it probably creates a state known as ‘paradoxical disinhibition’ when consumed with alcohol, a fairly enjoyable party high. without alcohol, or with a lot of alcohol, its sedative effects dominate, and the user is spaced out and mobile but often amnesiac, like with flunitrazepam (rohypnol). it is not dangerous (ie through ease of overdose, liver toxicity, etc) apart from its addiction potential, which is a little higher than for valium. many western countries have banned it from sale and the black market is supplied with asian-manufactured pharmaceutical material diverted or stolen.[/quote]

:notworthy: you know far too much for your own good…

what’s the street name? “the embalmer” :smiley:

My thought exactly.

[quote]Those detained for investigation included 22 of 55 participants at a previously unheard of orgy staged on a boat at sea, according to the police.

Those attending the orgy, a gathering of unrestrained indulgence in alcohol, drug, and possibly sexual activities, included 28 women and 27 men aged under 30 from northern Taiwan[/quote]
[emphasis added]

How can you have an orgy that possibly involves sexual activity?

And, why did the police detain 22 of the 55 participants and not the other 33? I can’t believe 22 people were dumb enough to be caught in possession of drugs after the police boarded the boat. So what were the 22 detained for? Being naked on a boat and apparently under the influence of drugs? Weren’t the other 33 in the same condition?

It says in the article that those 22 tested positive for drugs (which, I guess, means the other 33 didn’t).

looks like they dragged them all in and are “investigating” the ones who failed the test.

not much of an orgy, shit after midnight in taipei probably 20 out of every 50 people would fail a piss test. by their orgy standards, there are orgies going on all over the place, every night.

In my albeit limited experience, there’s little, erh, upside orgying on benzos and alcohol.

HG

Is anyone else surprised that they managed to attract more girls than guys on the trip? I’d have thought a ratio of ten lads to every lass would be more likely. And I wonder if there were any lookers among the xiaojies.

Don’t get too excited. They only said it may have involved sex. It’s also possible they were merely playing mahjong. :idunno:

As for the statement about 22 being “detained for investigation,” your comment makes sense, Rascal, that only 22 tested positive, but that seems to be another example of lousy reporting. Perhaps only 22 were arrested and charged with criminal offenses, but if all 55 were tested then I would say 55 were detained, not 22. Wouldn’t you say you had been detained if the cops boarded your boat, told you to put your pants back on, forbade you from leaving, and forced you to submit to a drug test? I would.

If I were to guess I would say they were mostly couples.

Sure, you could call it detaining, too, but I think the article means it in the sense of arresting, i.e. those 22 got shipped off to the next police station while the other 33 were free to go after the test.

This is more of a critique of the anonymous China Post Staff writer than the actual event. I’m sure if the China Post called it an “orgy-at-sea” then this is a properly hyphenated word which has made is way into the mainstream vernacular. Apparently there is so much group lovin’ going on that it has become necessary to distinguish between an orgy-at-sea and an orgy-on-land. God, I wish I had a boat.

I beleive that this is the most common definition of the word, but it can be anything in excess, such as an orgy-of-drugs.

See the definition: http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/orgy