A day in the life of an Audi TT

And yes both the Miata and the GR86 I’ve driven and are great fun but I’m PHAT so I feel the Miata I would put on like a suit and the GR86 is so low to the ground once I get in I don’t want to get out

So I’m safe no lambo or Ferrari sports cars for me or 911 can’t get in them now and can’t get out comfortably

Have a little fun Tommy. What about a base Camaro?

YOLO

Little Richard was one.

Also, maybe their early environment played a role. I think I read (or maybe heard) somewhere that Liverpool was a port of entry for the Irish.

Edited to add:

The above ain’t proof positive of Irish influence on the Beatles, but I think it should at least go to the weight a little bit.

Just for lagniappe, from about 3:21 to about 4:48:

1 Like

I do like them more than stangs but I’ve outgrown a boy racer Cameron
Now a corvette would be a blast

The new C8 mid engined is like a Ferrari

Almost kinda sorta

Monsieur TT (the car) got its first oil
change yesterday at the audi dealer . Good thing I got the audi care package which was 1399 tax in for 4 services or 4 years . It’s once a year or 10k

It would have been 450 dollars for yesterdays service . And the second service is a semi major so costs near 1500 by itself

The 10k and 30k and 40k services should be around 450 each and basically is changing the oil and rotating the tires and hooking it up to their audi obd (?) reader to see if any faults

Well they didn’t see any problems and didn’t even know about the sondaktor swearing it doesn’t exist

That’s why they are not mechanics they are techs who are trained robots

Anyway he found an attachment that holds the gas lines in place was cracked and a replacement has been ordered so I go back in five days or so

So maybe it’s not the sondaktor buzzing ?

And the TT does not have the new audi connect that connects your phone to the car telling you how much gas you have left

Pretty useless app in other words so no sorry

So many mechanics say 10,000 miles before an oil change is not really the best for the car. It might be best for the manufacturer but if it’s your car, you really should do it every 5K so I’ve decided to do like a 5K myself and then do the 10K at the dealer until such time that I don’t have Audi care anymore then I can go to local mechanics for a cheaper price I’m not gonna pay 450 for no change so I found this vacuum tool for 100 bucks that I saw somebody use on their TT on YouTube and I think I’m gonna use that to change the oil at 5000 and the TT has the oil filter accessible from the top which is great because what I don’t want to do is go under the car I don’t wanna take a chance at killing myself just to save a few dollars when my mechanic back in Martinez can do it for 60 bucks if I bring my own oil which is reasonable

So the new program in case anybody’s interested is to continue to change my oil every 10,000 miles with full synthetic for the Prius. I was doing it every 5000 because the mechanic was in the same city but now it’s an hour drive each way to get to him so I’m not gonna do it every 5000 and I figure at 10,000 it’s OK because the Prius really only drives the engine about 2/3 of the time so that means essentially means 7K it’s probably OK and then the TT I’m gonna go do it at the dealer for the next few times I’ve already paid for it but the 5000. I’m thinking to use this tool withdrawing the oil by vacuum and maybe not change the filter actually because it seems to be a messy job although it’s doable I have to think about that one, but that is the program.

I always say go to the manufactures dealership while you have a warranty because otherwise if you suffer a major failure and they may not want to pay because they feel you didn’t do exactly what the service schedule said to do so that could be bad so I would go to the dealer to do the oil changes during the warranty
after the warranty I can go to local mechanics because then you don’t have a warranty anyway,

Most mechanics recommend 5000 mile oil changes here which is 8000 km

in Taiwan they’re saying 3000km which is only 2000 miles which is what I was doing in Taiwan

Which actually seems to be excessive

But then I did my oil changes at autobacs for something like 650 NT. Pretty cheap compared to US$450 for an Audi oil change.

I hear Porsche oil changes are closer to $1000 and that’s not the semi major

So Audi does a semi major at 20,000 miles and then the next ones at 50,000 I think and then at 70,000 and 90,000 is what I’m told.

If I kept this car this long, I’d be out of warranty and I’m not going to go to the dealership for those services

So the semi major I’m told is the usual tire rotation oil change and plugging it into the computer and also changing out all the fluids and that’s it and they want US$1500 for that. It’s robbery, pure and simple.

1 Like

Looked up the Urus that’s some ugly ride, stick to the TT.

1 Like

I know the Huracan is as pretty as the urus is ugly

They should call it the Anus haha

But it’s ok there is zero chance of us getting a lambo lol

In fact when the TT goes extinct I would consider an offer for it if it means a nice profit

1 Like

That’s mostly to get you in, charge you a grip for an oil change, and maybe upsell you. :wink:

The first one or 3 you do, get one of these done and see if it seems worth continuing:

There’s almost no chance they’re changing all your fluids at 20k. If they are, yeah, it’s robbery, and nothing resembling required / recommended.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The Beatles really were exceptional talents and many of their songs are timeless

I bought hundreds of songs off iTunes and one evening I was obsessed with the song by them
And I Love Her …. and I downloaded like 7 versions of this song by all sorts of people

Back to TT I’m surprised they still got ‘em coming
When I ordered mine in 2021 that year was supposed to be the last and my car arrived half a year late and became a 22 on arrival, lucky I paid 21 price

The thing is still being made as a 23 and they said it could still be around in 24

They are just making a small handful a year only a couple per dealership

Same goes for the R8 they been talking about The Last version for years

And the dealership had a Finsl Edition RWD only one there but I suspect they will still be making small amounts of them going into 24 ….more Final Editions

Just like the Fast and Furious movies each one Rumoured be the last

It’s like those stores in tourist areas been Going Out of Business for 20 years

This way they can keep marking up the price

Dealership wanted 10k over for a TT now but even more crazy 150k over sticker for the Final Edition R8

And supposedly the one they got is sold but one more Final Edition is coming

I suspect 2024 there will be another

Although they did kill off the TTRS which ended its short run in 21

Both the TT and the R8 platforms are behind the times now

No memory seats
No adaptive cruise control
No lane keeping assist
No wireless CarPlay

I was able to buy a dongle that gave me wireless CarPlay that works quite well but it would have been nice to get the memory seats at least as I’m 5 ten and she’s 4 eleven so a lot of adjustments are needed when we switch drivers. And it’s hard to find that Exact perfect setting again

And lane keeping us good for when I’m paying less attention and drift into the lines , this I solve by driving fast which keeps me occupied. Cops pulled me over near SF once for lane drifting,I’m getting old I guess

And adaptive cruise is really a great invention so you can drive on the freeway for hours more easily

Heck even Toyota corollas come standard with those things now

Tammy wants to do another day trip to Yosemite soon this time in the TT

She will drive part of the way there and back
It’s like 200 miles each way

I don’t think it’s worth it should stay overnight but there are few hotels around there and either booked and or very expensive

There’s a new one I want to try one day when I feel like I need to blow 500 a night ( which is like never )

This mk3 TT has been around since 2016 likely going into 2026 as a final final Ten Years After edition totally unchanged.

And the R8 around since 2008 I think may go into 2028 as the 20th year anniversary final final For Real This Time edition

Well I’m back at the dealer getting the part replaced
Apparently what was making noise was the holder that holds the fuel line in place broke off
(Not good) so hopefully that solves the buzzing at 1000 to 1500 rpm

Wonder how that happened ? Did I over rev the engine ? Still shouldn’t allow the fuel line to break away from its mount?

Will know later if it’s fixed

It’s been buzzing since day 2

Better be free under warranty because the dealer charges 290 an hour labor

Think I should dump the car after the warranty ends or don’t drive it ….like ever

They probably pay the tech 30 an hour and make 260 an hour

Ps it works
Hallelujah
No more buzzing at 1500 rpm
Shoulda had that looked at a year ago

I do procrastinate tho

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/cars-gunfire-pier-39-san-francisco-18159977.php

SF is now the wild Wild West or Chicago ala Al Capone

Reposted from an obscure thread but worth experiencing

The haunting howl of the GG bridge that can be heard for miles

Ever since they put up a new siding
Nobody asked the audio experts I guess

2 Likes

Jesus, that’s creepy. When did they put up this siding?

1 Like

Stay as safe as you can, bro’!

1 Like

Sounds like the intro to a John Zorn track.

1 Like
1 Like

Friend of mine got a Volkswagen ID 4 electric SUV recently and he’s loving it. It’s pretty cool it comes with the free three years charging with electrify America 30 minutes at a time
that is pretty cool so you can drive around for three years without costing you extra money for energy, the one that he got was $46,000 MSRP and it’s a rear wheel drive single motor with a range of up to 275 miles it has navigation it has adaptive cruise control it has synthetic leather and cloth seats heated in the front and air-conditioning. Of course it has built-in navigation it has wireless CarPlay it’s got a ton of features plus it has automatic self parking so I went to a dealership to try one and here’s my video on that it’s pretty freaky. I found it works if the parking space is nice and big but if the parking space was tight so much so that you would find it difficult to park the car freaks out too. And stomps on the brakes so I tried it twice with a real tight space and it was not good it seems to work pretty well for a bit but then the car suddenly panics and slams on the brakes and it tells you to take over so yeah it’s not perfect

What made him choose the id.4 over the Tesla Model Y (the most obvious competition)? We’ve tested both, along with the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and mach e, and the id.4 came in last in our opinion.

1 Like

I don’t know maybe because he has had three audi and didn’t like the Q4 that much and the vw was a sister car and they made him a killer deal

It was like a 4000 discount so a lease worked out to something like 8000 down and 500 a month with the rebate of 7500 as well
And he can get a check from Calif for another 2000 I think and the three year free charging ?

Maybe he felt the Tesla was way too common

I will ask him when I see him

I should trade my Prius for one of these

I didn’t really look into the Tesla but I will if and when I actually am thinking of it

Right now I’m just all talk

I’m a salesman’s nightmare because I’m not buying just demoing

Why did you put the car last ?