A New Low ~ Preschool Suspected of Drugging Pupils

Surely it is parents going direct to Facebook which exposes it now.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, that assumes the parents care or care to notice they should care. In many private schools, there is so much face saving going around, too many families are willing to bow their heads and say “oh no, of course you didn’t mean anything by that” and then continue to send their child to the school and pay the school whatever batshit crazy tuition to allow their child to continue being abused. I’ve met WAAAYYY too many mothers of pre-school aged girls that have told me that a boy in their class did something horrible to her daughter’s private parts and they simply remove daughter and put her somewhere else. Umm…you do understand that your 3 year old daughter was sexually assaulted or possibly raped by her 3 year old classmate and all you do is remove her from the school? “Too many connected people. I don’t want the 麻煩”.

4 Likes

It should happen more! But with the childrens futures in mind. This is a very case for internet anonymity by the way. People need to really take this point more serious.

The amount of sexual deviants getting off scott free here makes me want medication. The face culture hurts the cause, but in reality people should come .out to prevent further abuse. But more importantly make it known how common this is. the Me Too moment could have been great but it got polarized for very retarded reasons :frowning:

a hard pill to swallow for any parent!!!

Edit to add: The sad part is sexual crimes against children are really shunned and people are scared to come forward about them. When it is something like non sexual abuse, like a beating, verbal abuse or drugging it is very easy to openly expose the violators. because everyone is on board in a similar direction. As a society we tend to give a different standard towards victims of sexual abuse, which is beyond fucking bonkers. but ever present. and much of it goes unreported for exactly that reason. this is a huge conflict with me and my circles because many kids get abused this way and are covered up, even by the parents, due to embarrassment. Frankly, adults as well :frowning: this makes my stomach fucking turn. not just because this happens with perverts, but that the “authorities” cover it up because they know us, the people (society), will judge the innocent kids harshly. what a completely fucked up society, to allow this level of victim blaming so willy Billy. And it ain’t just Taiwan :frowning: Fills me with a the kind of murderous rage that truly frightens me!

5 Likes

Well good for you mate. You did all you could. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Remember that thread where a foreign teacher tapped a student and was fined? Meanwhile, taiwanese teachers straight up abuse children and the schools pay off authorities. Lmao protect their own at all cost even when wrong.

4 Likes

So they could get fined and banned for teaching for life. That’s it? They were spiking kids with sedatives.
This should be mandatory prison time.
Yet an adult could smoke a joint and gets banged up. In somewhere like Britain the teachers would need to be under police protection from lynch mobs

Did they say the name of the school ?
I know that area well and it looks familiar
And if they didn’t say the name, why not?

8 Likes

Don’t know. Look at the photo and all will be revealed.

2 Likes

Yup , and call the “Teachers” staff if banned.
I’m curious , so correct me if wrong.
A foreign teacher needs a police , record check, and a degree ?
So what do the Taiwanese staff need?
The ones who walk around shouting at students and ordering the foreign teachers about. What checks are done on them?
A lot of media focus in the past has gone in
Foreign teachers, so what about the local “staff”? That seems like a weak spot.
A lot of accounts lately of nutty cram school managers, so what’s their requirements to work with kids ?

4 Likes

I’m trying to watch the talk shows discussion on this case. All of them are talking at the same time. Mostly, they are making it a political issue: how this scandal affects Hou’s campaign.

Couple of interesting details: they are naming names, at least some of them…

Parents were paying over 30k per kid.

There is serious discussion over health effects of those pills given to the kids.

One of the warning signs was that the kids were acting really weird at home, did not look healthy. One channel’s guest said the kids were fed the meds 3 times a day. I hope I misunderstood.

Concerned parents presented the complaints to the cops. Took way too long to take care of. It has not been determined when this happened/started.

But so far no one is asking my question: where did the teachers get the meds? I got an emergency operation and they gave me acetaminophen at the hospital. How did they get barbiturates?!

Bail was 50k for the school boss.

All 8 teachers have their phones memory wiped clean. ???

Kids started talking after they were told they were not going to the day care center anymore.

8 Likes

Yeah effects on brain development.
I’d never really considered that the staff may not need checks. Anyone know if local staff working with children even need criminal record checks?

1 Like

I stand corrected: they are asking the question: where are the meds from?

*And who measured the doses? Shiver.

3 Likes

Before hiring or employing any faculty or staff member, a short-term tutorial center shall submit to the competent educational authority of the appropriate special municipality, county, or county-level city basic information including the relevant name list, diplomas and certificates documenting education and professional experiences, photocopies of personal identification documents, and attach a criminal record certificate issued by the police within the last three months.

2 Likes

Ok cool.

Thanks.

1 Like

Pharmaceutical drugs are so easily available , outside Taipei city.
There has been evidence recently that
certain sedatives mostly benzodiazepines can permanently change the brain in adults even after cessation of use, so in kids obviously more so. Have they identified the exact substances used ?

A number of staff at a New Taipei kindergarten are being questioned by police after parents accused them of administering sleeping pills to their children.

3 Likes

This is so disturbing. Barbiturates are extremely dangerous, they aren’t used often at all in the US these days as the “safer” benzodiazepines are used instead. Barbiturates are one of the drugs used in lethal injection drug cocktail. I cannot believe they would dose young children with these medications! Those responsible should go to prison. The parents should sue the school as well.

9 Likes

Can anyone imagine if say a foreign teacher said “The staff at my school are spiking the kids and the whole school is in on it.” You’d think he/she was a nutcase. I think I’m triggered by this because it’s institutional abuse. Not just one nut case that all professions have from time to time.

5 Likes

One of the doctors interviewed mentioned what you said and that the doseage has to be “updated” as the body builds tolerance…

Appalling beyond words.

3 Likes

That’s so infuriating. I’m hoping at least a decade of jail time is handed out to the main proponents. In my own country, this is 5 years minimum jail for A SINGLE CASE. Here, we’re talking 67 possible cases. Right now it’s looking like they’ll be fined ONLY $9000 per kid. Fucked.

4 Likes

Question is why are they given sedatives? is this because they’re too much work to babysit?

There should be some serious jail time here.

3 Likes