A Personal Statement from Zain Dean

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“Satellite TV”]

Yep, and defendents get the right of appeal as well.[/quote]

How about defendants, what do they get???[/quote]

You Pedent!

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“the chief”]

How about defendants, what do they get???[/quote]

Free media airtime, and maybe if they get convicted and get lucky, a show on National Geographic series Locked Up Abroad[/quote]
Fuck me. I’m glad I sleep easy at night, without the fear of karma condemning me for such flippancy. Urgh.

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Mr. Zain Dean, British citizen. CEO, NCL Media UK (Taiwan Branch) - Marketing and Branding.

Zain Dean (林克穎)

NCL Media Website Scroll to the bottom of the webpage to see a video clip of a presentation he gave.
LinkedIN profile

TVBS News report 03-27-2010
The gist of the news story. Mr. Zain Dean’s black Mercedes Benz was allegedly involved in a hit and run accident which killed a 24 year old newspaper delivery scooter rider who was the sole provider for his family. The car left the scene of the fatal accident and was taken to Mr. Dean’s usual car mechanic by his girlfriend. While the car was at the auto mechanic’s shop, another regular customer who just happened to be a retired police officer who specialized in car accidents saw the car sitting in the repair bay. He recognized the car as being the same make and model of a suspected hit and run fatality from the night before. While he was there, Mr. Dean’s girlfriend allegedly showed up to tell the mechanic that they would not be repairing the car, although it had repairable damage, and had decided to junk it instead. A tow truck arrived and towed it to Wugu for destruction. This retired police officer called it in because he felt it was very strange to junk a Benz that could be repaired. Mr. Dean was subsequently arrested for suspicion of drunk driving. When questioned, Mr. Dean allegedly said that he was drunk in the passenger seat and he was definitetly not driving the car. He said that a club valet was driving him home. Mr. Dean was granted $150,000 NTD bail and restricted from overseas travel until the matter is fully invesigated.

[color=#FF0000]This is a rough translation from the news stories that have been appearing in the news. Mr. Dean is considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law[/color].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWsm0vsh6EQ
[/quote]

can someone spare me 50+ pages and tell me if this guy was found guilty?

stuff.co.nz/the-press/nation … rder-trial
2 years for him to plead guilty as trial started, justice takes a long time sometimes. I have no opinion of this present case, apart from thinking that if I were innocent in such a situation then the next day I got out of police custody I would have covered the entire route looking for camera footage. Hope justice gets done, not thwarted, and it’s great ZDean has such a good chance to put his view across, since the media is obviously making so many mistakes and inaccuracies.

It hasn’t gone to trial yet. Apparently a court date has been set.

Apparently a court date has been set.[/quote]

What’s your resource on that?

Free media airtime, and maybe if they get convicted and get lucky, a show on National Geographic series Locked Up Abroad[/quote]

Fuck me. I’m glad I sleep easy at night, without the fear of karma condemning me for such flippancy. Urgh.[/quote]

Karma? I sleep well at night too jimipresley

If Mr Dean is convicted he might get a short stint in jail, won’t be the end of his life though will it?.

What does the young man who got killed get? His life is ended so I guess he gets SFA.

Forumosa.com your recource to all things in Taiwan right?

You claim all the evidence is tampered with? Where’s your recourse on that?

A hearing isn’t a court date.

A hearing isn’t a court date.[/quote]

OK. Anyways it will be a long drawn out process then. I guess at the next hearing they could decide whether or not to proceed to a formal trial or throw the case out then.

A hearing isn’t a court date.[/quote]

OK. Anyways it will be a long drawn out process then. I guess at the next hearing they could decide whether or not to proceed to a formal trial or throw the case out then.[/quote]

They COULD, but don’t count on it.
Like I mentioned, they still haven’t been able to get a DA to take the case to trial.

Some cases take years to go to trial. Maybe they are busy with other cases. Maybe they are still gathering all that evidence to tamper with?

Maybe they are just waiting for their Hong Bao’s, after all some people here claim that it’s a stitch up. So to unstitch it just requires a bit of money right?

After all the police and prosecutors are corrupt here yes?

Some cases take years to go to trial. Maybe they are busy with other cases. Maybe they are still gathering all that evidence to tamper with?

Maybe they are just waiting for their Hong Bao’s, after all some people here claim that it’s a stitch up. So to unstitch it just requires a bit of money right?

After all the police and prosecutors are corrupt here yes?[/quote]

Uhh, yeah, but in this case, they still haven’t been able to get a DA to take the case to trial.

Which word in there is giving you trouble?

[quote=“yaoshema”]There’s another hearing on the 5th. can someone get the details? Let’s pack the courtroom with foreigners in suits.

Taipei District Court Add: No.131, Bo-ai Rd., Zhongzheng District, Taipei City 100 TEL:(02)23146871[/quote]

Is packing the courtroom with expats in suits going to help?

After all the police and prosecutors are corrupt here yes?[/quote]

Uhh, yeah, but in this case, they still haven’t been able to get a DA to take the case to trial.

Which word in there is giving you trouble?[/quote]

No words giving me trouble. Maybe you should just turn up at the hearing with all your evidence of witness and video tampering and corrupt police and judiciary. I’m sure they’d like to hear all this. Maybe it’s public enquiry into the matter? Once the court see’s it’s a stitch up they can drop the charges and the case thrown out and release Mr Dean?

[quote=“yaoshema”]There’s another hearing on the 5th. can someone get the details? Let’s pack the courtroom with foreigners in suits.

Taipei District Court Add: No.131, Bo-ai Rd., Zhongzheng District, Taipei City 100 TEL:(02)23146871[/quote]

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“yaoshema”]There’s another hearing on the 5th. can someone get the details? Let’s pack the courtroom with foreigners in suits.

Is packing the courtroom with expats in suits going to help?[/quote]

Is this like the end of Victory, where Mr. Dean sneaks out and escapes through the crowd because we all look the same to them??
Or is the plan to raise money for his defense by setting a Guinness record for the most foreigners to congregate in one place with shoes on?

[quote=“the chief”] Is this like the end of Victory, where Mr. Dean sneaks out and escapes through the crowd because we all look the same to them??

Or is the plan to raise money for his defense by setting a Guinness record for the most foreigners to congregate in one place with shoes on?[/quote]

Yeah a fund raiser sounds good. Why not?

The thing about all this is that, over the course of the spring and summer, I have heard of an early morning hit and run in which a British national was the victim suffering multiple injuries including a broken hip, jaw, loss of most of his teeth and many more which went completely unoticed by the local media. The cost of the dental bills alone are in the viscinity of a million apparently. An employee of the owner of the car, a Benz or some other expensive german sedan iirc, turned himself into the police a few hours later…nothing suspicious there, huh?

Also, there was another involving a teacher from TAS that I heard about through the grapevine; not too clear on the details, but the last I heard he was in a coma and it looked grim…

Regardless, the point here is that what the media chooses to exploit/persecute for their own purposes here is still pretty random and selective, isn’t it?

[quote=“citizen k”]The thing about all this is that, over the course of the spring and summer, I have heard of an early morning hit and run in which a British national was the victim suffering multiple injuries including a broken hip, jaw, loss of most of his teeth and many more which went completely unoticed by the local media. The cost of the dental bills alone are in the viscinity of a million apparently. An employee of the owner of the car, a Benz or some other expensive german sedan iirc, turned himself into the police a few hours later…nothing suspicious there, huh?

Also, there was another involving a teacher from TAS that I heard about through the grapevine; not too clear on the details, but the last I heard he was in a coma and it looked grim…

Regardless, the point here is that what the media chooses to exploit/persecute for their own purposes here is still pretty random and selective, isn’t it?[/quote]

Well if he turns himself in whats wrong with that? Or are you suggesting it wasnt him driving the car, he must be a patsy for his boss then eh? Traffic accidents aren’t always covered in the media here either unless somebody gets killed. The media are not much different here to other countries.

There are 35,000 highway deaths a year in the USA… Those are normally covered by the press there, but normally not smashes that dont kill others.

There was not so long ago a TES teacher that went into a coma and died, but it was from heart failure not a traffic accident.

[quote=“citizen k”]

?[/quote]

He passed away sadly. Was crossing the street at the Zhongshan Tienmu E/W Rd. intersection. Not sure about the details.