A Very Happy 4th of July to All

A Very Happy 4th of July To All !

2 Likes

And a happy 4th of July to you, TainanCowboy, and to all my American friends.

Ms Shell has won a convert! May she forever fight the noble fight.

It naturally pains me to participate in any kind of national day, but all the best.

HG

Have a good one.

God Bless :America: :America: :America:

Thanks folks…another good 4th of July pic I just found

Yes, it’s always a good idea to celebrate American Independence with a cold Canadian beer! :laughing:

Good beer knows no politically imposed borders.

And look to the right…lovely, and now defunct, Rolling Rock beer from LaTrobe, Pennsylvania.

And that Heinie Pop in the back left…arrgh!

Cheers!

Happy Fourth of July!

I used to live way up yonder in the mountains of the Adirondack Park in NY State. We’d all go to the local ski resort, Gore Mt, for the 4th for the fireworks. They were great, colorful, long, and loud.

The deer ran for miles. :smiley:

I got in a fight, well my brother did and I got pulled into it. Had to get a tetanus shot because some kid bit me.

The
days.
Those
were.

[quote]Wang Chi:

Here’s to the Army and Navy, and the battles they have won. Here’s to America’s colors, the colors that never run.

Jack Burton:

May the wings of Liberty never lose a feather. [/quote]

Happy Independence Day America and Americans and anyone else that cares.

My friends and family back home are on the lakes and beaches and boats and rivers and backyards cooking and drinking and spending time with family and friends.

Me, sweltering in the concrete jungle of Taipei.

What events are actually happening today in Taiwan?

• Cheers bar in Linkou has evening event.

Talking to friends around Asia like Thailand and Philippines and they are doing organized happy outdoor events today. Taiwan not so much.

3 Likes

It’s a good day for a BBQ. Get the grill out and make some burgers and steaks!

1 Like

Are there even any American owned restaurants or bars having events today?

How about down south?

I have friends doing activities in American owned places but the places themselves aren’t doing anything.

Or run from a supercell over the house.

Maybe I’ll have a Bud Light :wink:

Cheaper than water these days.

2 Likes

Happy 4th of July! I deal with a US government office for my job. I’m always happy when there’s a federal holiday because it means less work.

1 Like

Great party at the White House!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/07/03/white-house-substance-secret-service/

2 Likes

That’s why they always invite the fun Biden…

1 Like