A Very Happy 4th of July to All

In a dispatch with an 8:49 p.m. timestamp, a firefighter with the D.C. department’s hazardous materials team radioed, in a highly excited manner, the results of a test: “Yeah, it’s coke. And it’s some good shit, man.”

2 Likes

It was a gorgeous day today in the Pacific Heights area. I went around there in the TT and drove around the place which I haven’t done in years and it was just nice beautiful sunny day awesome views, and very quiet streets. I guess a lot of people are out of the city for the weekend iMany People had Monday off so they had a long weekend. In the AM I took my bike for a nice 10 miler around Golden Gate Park. That was fun although the weather,in the sunset is foggy very different no sun, but it was still fun.

I have long since decided against going downtown to see the fireworks because it’s a lot of work and there’s lotta people and there’s no parking all that stuff. Too bad there’s no chance to view the fireworks from the Sunset District where I was I didn’t even hear a single pop. it’s OK Seen them a few times. SF puts on a great show

Thanks for asking (yes I know you didn’t)

Hope yours was fun

2 Likes

Happy 4th from the leader of the free world!

The United States of America was born on July 4th, 1776. We have a Constitution that is 80% Locke, 15% Rousseau, and 15% Montesquieu. From Locke we limit the government’s powers to protecting life, liberty, and property. From Rousseau we place power in the people. And from Montesquieu we have a strong separation of powers.

The United States has defeated Nazism and communism on abroad, leading the world towards greater democracy and peace.

5 Likes

All with a market driven economy.

1 Like

And with a little help from the United States Marine Corps. Go jarheads. Oorah! Sorry, brother and cousin former marines (or as they would point out, there’s no such thing as an ex marine).

2 Likes

Once a Marine, always a marine!

2 Likes

Oorah. :imp: :dog2:

2 Likes

1 Like

That poor dog. All roided out.

1 Like

Cheers with a big glass of Bourbon to the only country that has 110% of a constitution. As they say, everything is bigger in America!

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

:beers:

If I’m honest, I have mixed feelings about songs like that. On the one hand, I’m very proud to be American, and I know I have benefited greatly in work and society here in Asia by being from the US. On the other hand, I cringe a bit at excessive patriotism, probably because I saw how nationalistic Koreans are and I was turned off by that in a big way. Also, I wonder how much a half Asian guy like me would be welcome in the audience for a country band like in the video.

1 Like

I feel you @marasan . My daughter is half Asian, and she has faced the ignorance of racism since entering primary school. Raised her tough, so there are no issues. That aside, this song, and American patriotism stands for the defence of freedom of all. In my limited view.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not scarred or anything. I grew up in the Midwest and the vast majority of my experiences were positive. But when I see a video like that, those types of thoughts do run through my mind because there is that small minority of people in places like where I imagine that video was made.

My sister went to Garth Brooks concert with my BIL and she was the only Asian person in the stadium.

1 Like